Page 90 of 135 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #891
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,450
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    This is all nonsense that has been debunked throughout this thread. Along with code and j-mac you also do not understand science, at all.
    Someone went through and debunked all those scientists in the BBC and CBC documentaries? ROTFLOL... did Algore join DP... ROTFLOL?

    I don't understand science, but you do? You seem to be on a side that thinks this is all decided. That's not science.

    I understand propaganda, and I'll stand with the scientists who don't believe we could change the climate if we tried.

    Why is it they cannot figure out the roles of clouds, the oceans, and discount that burning ball in the sky? These are not small elements, yet they haven't a farking clue about how to value these things. BUT... TEAM ALGORE (what are his climatology qualifications beyond being a Socialist?) has all the answers, and will dictate them to us shortly.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #892
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't have contempt for science Joe, just for those that would cheapen the use of science for gain, as is with what is going on here.

    For instance, You believe that man is causing warming of the earth through the prospect of existence on the planet, and accelerating it through the use of energy with current technology we have today. However, your proposal to strive toward a solution is not to find something that works reliably, or even semi reliably, but rather to do away with the energy's we have today without a viable replacement ready to go. That' one. Another, is that AGW proponents say that we can mitigate our use of fossil fuels through the creation of a fiat currency called carbon credits, that is really nothing more than a scheme of wealth redistribution between nations and does NOTHING to actually mitigate the use, or overuse of, and production of Co2 into the atmosphere. Lastly, much like what caused Kyoto to collapse, in that you can't get all the nations of the earth on board with doing any one thing at one time in unison, you will never get other countries to actually stop using cheap, Co2 creating modes of energy, therefore what you have is only dupes like us giving up the engine of prosperity while others laugh and continue to use them. It's a sham.

    It is totally political, and a fraud, cooked up by oligarchs that want to believe that a free nation shouldn't exist, and that it just isn't fair that countries like the US should be so wealthy, while backwaters like sub saharan Africa should live in mud huts and starve. And that we must give up our standard of living because it is not enjoyed by everyone else. It is dishonest, foolish, and unnecessary at this time.

    If the globe is warming, or cooling, we must find ways to cope with what is coming, not at a panicked crisis mode, because it could be 500 or a 1000 years in the future, but rather continue to develop and invent, not by choking off modes of success, and spreading the wealth, but making invention worth a premium so that it makes sense to do so.

    You AGW believers have got to settle down and figure a way to work hand in hand with people, instead of using fear, and wild claims to force what you want to see happen. It is a fools game you have adopted.
    No where have I talked about solutions. But that's what makes it political for you. If its true, we might have to adjust. You don't want to adjust; therefore, for you, it can't be true. you'll fight it to your death, not because of the science, but because you don't want to ever have to address the consequences of it being true.

    But that's politics. The science is just the science. Nothing more. And scientist don't disagree on it. Its as accepted as gravity. And this is true whether we do anything or not.

    And unless you've been hiding under a rock, you know efforts have been made to deal with this. That is what alternative energy is about. No one of consequence has suggest we just stop doing anything. So, I'm not sure what else to tell you. You're wrong about the science. Wrong about who is political. And wrong about what's being done.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #893
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,515

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nothing has been debunked, just debated. Beware the man who thinks that everyone that disagrees with him is stupid, fore he has a fool telling him so.
    Putting down ignorant claims based on nonsense is not debate, it is debunking garbage. If I ran around these forums claiming the sun is green should others respect my opinion and hold it dear? Of course not. Like your failed predecessors you deal in bs, ignorance, and lack of critical thinking skills.

  4. #894
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,515

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I know what Dyson says about AGW, but he takes, much like my own approach to it, a pragmatic approach.

    We don't have the tech to replace current energy methods

    We don't have reliable replacements

    We do have centuries before any real panic needs take place

    And, instead of using fear, we should be working toward better things..

    The only reason you believers want to use such heightened rhetoric concerning the possibility of AGW is to ultimately control people....It is a cynical evil approach, full of liars, and fools.
    So much is wrong here it blows my mind.

    The fact that you used Dyson as evidence of AGW being a myth shows you don't have the slightest clue what he says. Again, don't read right wing propaganda sites or you end up looking like a fool as you have here.

    We could transition away from fossil fuels if you people would stop sabotaging the process, like you are now.

    We have replacements but again, you fight them with every waking breath because you're a conservative and you're terrified of anything new.

    Centuries? It would be an exaggeration to say a century. By the time I'm dying the world could be in a truly bad spot, my children could be screwed by this.

    Fear? Oh please. This coming from the guy that says the worldwide scientific community is conspiring to trick everyone so that they can steal their money to feed the progressive milk machine. We don't need fear, we need policy and action to tackle the problem. If you're terrified its again because you're a "wet your pants scared" conservative.

    Oh yeah there's that fear... we're trying to control you.... woooooh whoooooooHHHH ooooooH i'm coming to get you mac. I'm coming for your wallet.

  5. #895
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,515

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Someone went through and debunked all those scientists in the BBC and CBC documentaries? ROTFLOL... did Algore join DP... ROTFLOL?

    I don't understand science, but you do? You seem to be on a side that thinks this is all decided. That's not science.

    I understand propaganda, and I'll stand with the scientists who don't believe we could change the climate if we tried.

    Why is it they cannot figure out the roles of clouds, the oceans, and discount that burning ball in the sky? These are not small elements, yet they haven't a farking clue about how to value these things. BUT... TEAM ALGORE (what are his climatology qualifications beyond being a Socialist?) has all the answers, and will dictate them to us shortly.
    I didn't watch those documentaries and haven't a clue what they said. I based my response on what you said. You admit that you know nothing of science so perhaps the problem lies in the translator. Everything you said was pop nonsense, where you got it from doesn't matter.

    Discount the burning ball in the sky huh? Well gee... if we did that there wouldn't be any warming, or energy at all other than heat energy from gravitational forces squeezing down on the core of the earth... so I'm pretty sure they've accounted for the sun, lmao. This is why you should research what you're talking about first.

    Every last aspect of climate change has not been figured out, no, and it never will be. In every scientific field we are learning more and more each day. What we've learned about climate change so far is more than enough to spur policy change. Until further notice there's no good reason to do otherwise.

  6. #896
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Boy what a snotty bunch you AGW cultists are...y'all get something that questions your precious religion of man is the problem, and boy the arrogant, snide little comments come out don't they? The point remains that Dyson, as well as many others say that alarmists like yourselves are the true danger behind the climate change scam.

    It must really burn you all up that you can't get **** done the way you want to, because people have common sense, and recognize propaganda when they see it...lol

    Tell you all what, if man is such the problem on this earth, then you should do your part, being that with every exhalation you exhale Co2 into the atmosphere, so just stop exhaling.....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #897
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,515

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Boy what a snotty bunch you AGW cultists are...y'all get something that questions your precious religion of man is the problem, and boy the arrogant, snide little comments come out don't they? The point remains that Dyson, as well as many others say that alarmists like yourselves are the true danger behind the climate change scam.

    It must really burn you all up that you can't get **** done the way you want to, because people have common sense, and recognize propaganda when they see it...lol

    Tell you all what, if man is such the problem on this earth, then you should do your part, being that with every exhalation you exhale Co2 into the atmosphere, so just stop exhaling.....
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

  8. #898
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,258

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Before discussing climate change, he told a roomful of people who probably want to put former President Ronald Reagan on Mount Rushmore that the Great Communicator blew a real chance to rid the world of nuclear weapons in 1986 because he was too attached to the "Star Wars" missile defense program.) As he said: "I know a lot about nuclear weapons and nothing about climate change."


    ----

    So, J, I dismiss for reason and not arbitrarily. Can you actually read and listen?
    Can you?

    That was a Reagan quote. Not Dyson.

    "As he said" Dyson was speaking of Regan's words.
    Last edited by Lord of Planar; 08-19-13 at 05:28 PM.

  9. #899
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Who said I was going anywhere? Proving once again that you have a problem with comprehension.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #900
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,258

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Anyone actually trace the salon article? There's more than just the quotes:

    Our rosy future, according to Freeman Dyson

Page 90 of 135 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •