Page 89 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #881
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How many including you hold out Noam Chomsky as some kind of end all of a conversation in matters he has NO training in? I remember much Joe.
    You do realize I've never used Chomsky. I only asked MM once why if he MM said Chomsky was correct (he did which is why I addressed him) did he denounce him so. Other than that, I've never used Chomsky. So you may want to find another example.

    What I have done here is link those in the field, the overwhelming consensus, using peer reviewed documents, or those referencing those documents.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #882
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You do realize I've never used Chomsky. I only asked MM once why if he MM said Chomsky was correct (he did which is why I addressed him) did he denounce him so. Other than that, I've never used Chomsky. So you may want to find another example.

    What I have done here is link those in the field, the overwhelming consensus, using peer reviewed documents, or those referencing those documents.
    Well, that's good to know Joe....That a group of like minded people, whom all agree with each other at dinner parties, and slap each others backs agree with each other, and write reviews of each others work that is in agreement as well....Shocking I tell ya....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #883
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, that's good to know Joe....That a group of like minded people, whom all agree with each other at dinner parties, and slap each others backs agree with each other, and write reviews of each others work that is in agreement as well....Shocking I tell ya....
    You mean like they agree on science? J, you use that argument with anyone on anything. Including your side. The fact remains, these are scientist who largely take their professions seriously. They are not political ideologues on on a discussion site. The contempt someone you show for science has always amazed me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #884
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    The blogger took the draft report out of context. That report states that some argue for a mechanism that amplifies solar forcing (a natural factor). However, subsequent paragraphs discount that hypothesis. The closing paragraph of that section of Chapter 7 states:

    Although there is some evidence that ionization from cosmic rays may enhance aerosol nucleation in the free troposphere, there is medium evidence and high agreement that he cosmic ray-ionization mechanism is too weak to influence global concentrations CCN or their change over the last century or during a solar cycle in any climatically significant way. The lack of trend in the cosmic ray intensity over the last 50 years provides another strong argument agains the hypothesis of a major contribution of cosmic rays to ongoing climate change.

    The draft document also notes in its summary for policymakers, "No robust association between changes in cosmic rays and cloudiness has been identified."

    In other words, once one reads the draft report's language in its full context, there is no "game-changing admission of enhanced solar forcing." The report does not reflect reduced confidence in AGW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Another Faux report uncritically seized on by deniers? Say it isn't so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yet another "skeptic" who didn't bother going to the primary source.
    You mean we cannot be skeptical... especially when the IPCC and its machinery have been caught in fraud, strong arm tactics, and attempted blackballing of those who challenge the theory of global warming?

    It's odd don't you think, that they can't figure out the role of clouds in all this, discount the influence of the sun (and it seems to have an effect as it gets significantly cooler in most places at night), the role of the oceans, and the fact this is a volatile planet that has seen great temperature swings? Computer models are flawed, and some of the scenario's they foment are laughable.

    The above are not small variables, yet we have yahoo's who claim this is solid science??????????????????? I really wonder what type of freakazoid behavior we would have beyond the hysteria we have today if we had a Little Ice Age... as they did some 500-years ago? Perhaps we'd have to go out and sacrifice something... like our freedom in order to "save the planet". Never mind... the Socialists have their claws in that already.

    BTW... no global warming in the past 15-years.

    For those who haven't seen it... here are some experts who think this is all Bullchit.
    From the BBC and CBC.

    I love what the Africans say near the end of the BBC documentary.

    THE GREAT GLOBAL WARMING SWINDLE


    GLOBAL WARMING - DOOMSDAY CALLED OFF
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #885
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    *sigh* So, he's a "heretic" eh? That's not rebuttal, that is character assassination.
    He calls himself a heretic, he revels in the title... If you actually knew anything about the man other than the cherry picked portrayal bullet points you've been fed, you would know that he doesn't dispute AGW. He doesn't dispute Co2's role as a greenhouse gas that is warming the planet. To re-iterate some of what Boo said, he just thinks it isn't as important or as big of a problem as the mainstream community does. He also thinks we'll be able to "techno" fix the problem in the future before it gets out of control.

    This is all a far cry from your partisan polemic understanding of what he represents as though he debunks the entire notion of AGW as junk science.

  6. #886
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    You mean we cannot be skeptical... especially when the IPCC and its machinery have been caught in fraud, strong arm tactics, and attempted blackballing of those who challenge the theory of global warming?

    It's odd don't you think, that they can't figure out the role of clouds in all this, discount the influence of the sun (and it seems to have an effect as it gets significantly cooler in most places at night), the role of the oceans, and the fact this is a volatile planet that has seen great temperature swings? Computer models are flawed, and some of the scenario's they foment are laughable.

    The above are not small variables, yet we have yahoo's who claim this is solid science??????????????????? I really wonder what type of freakazoid behavior we would have beyond the hysteria we have today if we had a Little Ice Age... as they did some 500-years ago? Perhaps we'd have to go out and sacrifice something... like our freedom in order to "save the planet". Never mind... the Socialists have their claws in that already.

    BTW... no global warming in the past 15-years.

    For those who haven't seen it... here are some experts who think this is all Bullchit.
    From the BBC and CBC.

    I love what the Africans say near the end of the BBC documentary.
    This is all nonsense that has been debunked throughout this thread. Along with code and j-mac you also do not understand science, at all.

  7. #887
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You mean like they agree on science? J, you use that argument with anyone on anything. Including your side. The fact remains, these are scientist who largely take their professions seriously. They are not political ideologues on on a discussion site. The contempt someone you show for science has always amazed me.
    I don't have contempt for science Joe, just for those that would cheapen the use of science for gain, as is with what is going on here.

    For instance, You believe that man is causing warming of the earth through the prospect of existence on the planet, and accelerating it through the use of energy with current technology we have today. However, your proposal to strive toward a solution is not to find something that works reliably, or even semi reliably, but rather to do away with the energy's we have today without a viable replacement ready to go. That' one. Another, is that AGW proponents say that we can mitigate our use of fossil fuels through the creation of a fiat currency called carbon credits, that is really nothing more than a scheme of wealth redistribution between nations and does NOTHING to actually mitigate the use, or overuse of, and production of Co2 into the atmosphere. Lastly, much like what caused Kyoto to collapse, in that you can't get all the nations of the earth on board with doing any one thing at one time in unison, you will never get other countries to actually stop using cheap, Co2 creating modes of energy, therefore what you have is only dupes like us giving up the engine of prosperity while others laugh and continue to use them. It's a sham.

    It is totally political, and a fraud, cooked up by oligarchs that want to believe that a free nation shouldn't exist, and that it just isn't fair that countries like the US should be so wealthy, while backwaters like sub saharan Africa should live in mud huts and starve. And that we must give up our standard of living because it is not enjoyed by everyone else. It is dishonest, foolish, and unnecessary at this time.

    If the globe is warming, or cooling, we must find ways to cope with what is coming, not at a panicked crisis mode, because it could be 500 or a 1000 years in the future, but rather continue to develop and invent, not by choking off modes of success, and spreading the wealth, but making invention worth a premium so that it makes sense to do so.

    You AGW believers have got to settle down and figure a way to work hand in hand with people, instead of using fear, and wild claims to force what you want to see happen. It is a fools game you have adopted.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #888
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    This is all nonsense that has been debunked throughout this thread. Along with code and j-mac you also do not understand science, at all.
    Nothing has been debunked, just debated. Beware the man who thinks that everyone that disagrees with him is stupid, fore he has a fool telling him so.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #889
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    He calls himself a heretic, he revels in the title... If you actually knew anything about the man other than the cherry picked portrayal bullet points you've been fed, you would know that he doesn't dispute AGW. He doesn't dispute Co2's role as a greenhouse gas that is warming the planet. To re-iterate some of what Boo said, he just thinks it isn't as important or as big of a problem as the mainstream community does. He also thinks we'll be able to "techno" fix the problem in the future before it gets out of control.

    This is all a far cry from your partisan polemic understanding of what he represents as though he debunks the entire notion of AGW as junk science.

    I know what Dyson says about AGW, but he takes, much like my own approach to it, a pragmatic approach.

    We don't have the tech to replace current energy methods

    We don't have reliable replacements

    We do have centuries before any real panic needs take place

    And, instead of using fear, we should be working toward better things..

    The only reason you believers want to use such heightened rhetoric concerning the possibility of AGW is to ultimately control people....It is a cynical evil approach, full of liars, and fools.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #890
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 89 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •