Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #841
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "peer review" is corrupt, and broken...Means little today. But that you think that using logical fallacies is the way to win a debate, or is even an accepted method of proving your point is just plain sad.
    You say that because your biases won't allow you to see clearly. Have you every wondered why everything that contradicts you is biased or corrupt. Ever consider it's yourlogic and bias is the problem.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #842
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    I have presented a scientific paper that says that the incremental green house effect of CO2 diminishes as the incremental concentration of CO2 increases. You have not addressed this. Please present even one scientific source that says that the green house effect of CO2 does not diminish as the concentration increases.

    By the way, you have presented evidence that there are many who vaguely endorse a vague and poorly defined notion of some things they really do not specify.

    How about this one for the diminishing effect of CO2:

    http://www.davidarchibald.info/paper...of-Climate.pdf
    <snip>
    Figure 28: The logarithmic heating effect of carbon dioxide
    Can global warming from increased atmospheric carbon dioxide save us from the coming decline in mid-latitude agricultural production? Not at all. The first thing to be aware of is that the warming effect of carbon dioxide is strongly logarithmic. Of the three degrees that carbon dioxide contributes to the greenhouse effect, the first 20 ppm has a greater effect than the following 400 ppm. By the time we get to the current level of 388 ppm, each 100 ppm increment will produce only about 0.1 degrees of warming.
    If the atmospheric carbon dioxide level continued rising at about 2 ppm per annum, temperature will rise at 0.1°C every fifty years. Global warming due to carbon dioxide is real, but it is also minuscule. Carbon dioxide is tuckered out as a greenhouse gas. Very little can be expected of it from here.
    This graph was generated by using the Modtran site maintained by the University of Chicago.
    <snip>

    The graph referenced is on page 38 of the link. The same on used by Nova and is created by the University of Chicago. JoNova reduces things to very common language.

    The thing about real science is that it it is based on things that work the same way all the time.

    The thing about AGW Science is that it changes whenever the agenda demands it change.


    Everything you don't agree with is an agenda. This is just too silly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #843
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You say that because your biases won't allow you to see clearly.
    That's your opinion...Sorry not everyone agrees.

    Have you every wondered why everything that contradicts you is biased or corrupt.
    Never said anything close to that...But, you sound more like you are projecting again, and using a strawman argument to do so.

    Ever consider it's yourlogic and bias is the problem.
    I guess we will have to wait about 500 years to see if your predictions come true, and even then it may not be conclusive....Al Gore will just have to accept that he can't create a fiat currency and control the world....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #844
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's your opinion...Sorry not everyone agrees.



    Never said anything close to that...But, you sound more like you are projecting again, and using a strawman argument to do so.



    I guess we will have to wait about 500 years to see if your predictions come true, and even then it may not be conclusive....Al Gore will just have to accept that he can't create a fiat currency and control the world....
    Yeah, it is close to that. The overwhelming majority of scientist have spoken. I've linked them, and shown the lie in your link.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #845
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, it is close to that. The overwhelming majority of scientist have spoken. I've linked them, and shown the lie in your link.
    That's crap...As much as you'd like it to be the debate on this to be closed, it is a long way from settled.



    Krauthamer [sic] has it right.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #846
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's crap...As much as you'd like it to be the debate on this to be closed, it is a long way from settled.



    Krauthamer [sic] has it right.
    So is he a scientist or a political ideologue? I use scientist, and you use a commentator. Tell me about agenda again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #847
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,580

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You say that because your biases won't allow you to see clearly. Have you every wondered why everything that contradicts you is biased or corrupt. Ever consider it's yourlogic and bias is the problem.
    Apparently, he believes in the old Fitzgerald quote "the test of a first rate mind is to be able to hold row opposing ideas and the same time as true and still have the ability to function."
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #848
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Common sense is credible. Do you think there is a conflict of interest between the CEO of oil exploration companies writing "research" papers on whether or not Co2 is a problem which effects the future of his companies?


    Common sense is a part of science, but is not proof of anything.

    Where is your proof that the stuff the forms the basis of AGW Science is anything more than a set of possibilities that may or may not be right?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  9. #849
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post


    Everything you don't agree with is an agenda. This is just too silly.


    You and Verax seem incapable of presenting proof to support the Science of AGW.

    You both are careful to post emoticons.

    I suppose you use what you have.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  10. #850
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Odd. Seems like it works quite well in every other scientific discipline except the one that has conclusions different from what you want them to be.

    Wonder why?


    Perhaps because they all seem to agree that something is absolutely correct unless they are asked to classify it as a Scientific Theory and suddenly their professional reputation is called to question and they vanish like their funding would if they lined up against the party line.

    Show me the Science organization that has classed this as a Scientific Theory.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •