Page 76 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #751
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,987

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Sadly, according to the data from the ARGO Array of buoys, the ocean is cooling. No much, but it's cooling.

    Cooling aids sequestration. The problem with the hypothesis, though, is that the world should be warming and it's cooling. The ocean should be warming and it's cooling.

    The facts simply are not on your side.
    Climate Change is not just about tempature.

    Don't believe man can change the enviroment? Look up the Aral Sea and how one of the largest inland seas in the world has become little more then a lake.

  2. #752
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,657

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Fabricated. Like I said, deluding yourself against science.



    You have never shown any science to support the basis of your claims.

    Your only claim is that there are many people who say the same thing.

    Nobody has denied this. Why do you continue to argue?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  3. #753
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,657

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, it I dump a lot of chemicals into a lake, I can't effect that lake? Tis is a small example, but if I believe you that we can't effect the planet, then I can't effect the lake, or the forest, or any other eco structure. Do you really believe that?


    Straw Man. That's not the argument.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  4. #754
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,657

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Just show one scientific organization that says the AGW is a Scientific Theory.

    The consensus is a beauty contest. After more than 100 years of trying to prove this tripe, the Diehards still have not been able to pronounce it a theory.

    You are free to proceed.
    Instead of doing your homework for you again, why don't you show me one significant scientific organization that has specifically rejected the theory?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #755
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,657

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Climate Change is not just about tempature.

    Don't believe man can change the enviroment? Look up the Aral Sea and how one of the largest inland seas in the world has become little more then a lake.


    AGW argues that the increase os CO2 is caused by Man. It goes on to say that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and therefore the climate will warm as a result of the additional green house effect.

    If the warming is not occurring, and it's not, then the basis of the hypothesis is removed. With the basis removed, the hypothesis is invalid.

    If it was valid, then the assertion that man can control and direct the climate of the planet would be within our grasp and yet the experts in the field cannot even predict the future temperature a decade out, much less control and direct it.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  6. #756
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,987

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    AGW argues that the increase os CO2 is caused by Man. It goes on to say that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and therefore the climate will warm as a result of the additional green house effect.

    If the warming is not occurring, and it's not, then the basis of the hypothesis is removed. With the basis removed, the hypothesis is invalid.

    If it was valid, then the assertion that man can control and direct the climate of the planet would be within our grasp and yet the experts in the field cannot even predict the future temperature a decade out, much less control and direct it.
    But co2 is a greenhouse gas, are you saying it is not a green house gas?

  7. #757
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    N admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Climate Change is not just about tempature.

    Don't believe man can change the enviroment? Look up the Aral Sea and how one of the largest inland seas in the world has become little more then a lake.
    This reminds me of those poor souls that thought that earthquakes happened because they angered the gods.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #758
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Climate Change is not just about tempature.

    Don't believe man can change the enviroment? Look up the Aral Sea and how one of the largest inland seas in the world has become little more then a lake.
    Most of us do believe man can change the environment. Most of us just don't believe that CO2 is the primary climate change variable.

    As for that lake, it's easy to divert water for irrigation that fed it.

  9. #759
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Instead of doing your homework for you again, why don't you show me one significant scientific organization that has specifically rejected the theory?
    Interesting.

    The good 'ol prove something doesn't exist argument.

    Don't you know better?

  10. #760
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    But co2 is a greenhouse gas, are you saying it is not a green house gas?
    Well, my take is yes. It is a greenhouse gas. However, that doesn't mean it has the most influence of what we base climate change on. Now where I would say Code is either technically wrong, or misspoke, is saying AGW means CO2. I read his words as meaning implying CO2 only, but I would distinguish the hypothesis as meaning CO2 is the largest contributor. That is where I strongly disagree.

    Yes, CO2 has a minor role in climate change, and is also rather dependent of what you mean by climate change. Climate change is a catch all phrasing that the alarmist community went to.

    There are so many factors that change climate. Starting with the sun, it is the source of almost all the earth's heat. A minor change in solar heat doesn't seem like much. Most of us think in terms of Celsius of Fahrenheit. However, when doing any math with temperature and heat other than addition and subtraction, one must first convert to kelvin. Scientists agree that the earth's average is about 15 C, or 288 K. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that a long term solar change in tenths of a percent make a notable change.

    Keep in mind, any temperature in Celsius equals to a number 273.15 higher in Kelvin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •