Page 72 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #711
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,297

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post


    There's a saying. Intelligent people are usually full of doubt but idiots are cock sure.

    It takes a pretty arrogant, smug person to declare that they are so brilliant that they not only know their own field well, they actually know other fields better than the professionals that encompass it. You must be a really smart guy right? You've got this all figured out and the climate scientists just aren't good enough at what they do to be on the same level as an outsider from another field, wowza.

    Back when I was a kid I learned that intelligent / wise people are actually the most ignorant. This is because they know more about what they don't know, they understand how massive their lack of knowledge is. They learn that they are very small, insignificant minds that have a very large, complicated world to try and understand. Children and fools on the other hand, think they know it all. They think they've got everything figured out and everyone is SO stupid but them...

    Do you think its remotely possible that you don't know everything you need to know about climate science to say they're all wrong and you've got the real science in your pocket? Is it probable that you're missing some important things that would bring you to radically different conclusions?

    I mean really because if not, if you are teh superior scientist... we need to get you a website. I'll set it up for you. You can enlighten the world with your brilliant theorems and destroy the status quo. The energy industry will hire you as a multimillion dollar top pit bull that destroys teh greeny weenies.
    yawn...

    Rationalizing now...

  2. #712
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    yawn...

    Rationalizing now...
    But... but... but... you told Boo that he should shut up because he doesn't know science as well as you... I was going to say you should shut up because climate scientists know it better than you do... but you know better than them, I forgot.

    I'm curious though... for somebody so brilliant. How is it that a computer guy with a basic college science education... was able to slay the mighty Lord of Planar? I mean if you're so brilliant... why was he able to corner you into a ridiculous position where you just pull ideas out of your ass as though its a viable scenario? Why is that? Why would you say the ocean decided to just spontaneously blow its load of Co2 for no good reason? When confronted with the harsh reality that there is not one iota of evidence of this happening you quipped "it happened so fast it went undetected". WOWZA. I must say this is top science. The fact that you came up with PURELY hypothetical reasoning based on NOTHING is certainly top dog science right? Or wait... that ISN'T science is it? Isn't the basic ideas of science that you draw conclusions from observations? You know, evidence? That you observe the natural world and look for clues? But nooo.... the brilliant Lord of Planar doesn't need to play by the rules of middle school science 101. He is far too brilliant to be restricted by such nonsense.

  3. #713
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,297

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    But... but... but... you told Boo that he should shut up because he doesn't know science as well as you... I was going to say you should shut up because climate scientists know it better than you do... but you know better than them, I forgot.

    I'm curious though... for somebody so brilliant. How is it that a computer guy with a basic college science education... was able to slay the mighty Lord of Planar? I mean if you're so brilliant... why was he able to corner you into a ridiculous position where you just pull ideas out of your ass as though its a viable scenario? Why is that? Why would you say the ocean decided to just spontaneously blow its load of Co2 for no good reason? When confronted with the harsh reality that there is not one iota of evidence of this happening you quipped "it happened so fast it went undetected". WOWZA. I must say this is top science. The fact that you came up with PURELY hypothetical reasoning based on NOTHING is certainly top dog science right? Or wait... that ISN'T science is it? Isn't the basic ideas of science that you draw conclusions from observations? You know, evidence? That you observe the natural world and look for clues? But nooo.... the brilliant Lord of Planar doesn't need to play by the rules of middle school science 101. He is far too brilliant to be restricted by such nonsense.
    Wow...

    You still don't get it.

    You haven't slayed a single thing I said.

    Blowing it's load of CO2? How do you get that from my words?

    Yes, hypothesis is based on observed changes.The challenge is showing proof of cause and effect, which has not yet been properly done to make the claim CO2 has as much warming as it is claimed to.

  4. #714
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,630

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    You guys miss my point. Consensus does not prove a scientific view. Consensus cannot change scientific facts. Consensus is often wrong.
    Please let us know ONE other current scientific issue where the overwhelming consensus of science is wrong.

    Just one. We can wait.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #715
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Wow...

    You still don't get it.

    You haven't slayed a single thing I said.

    Blowing it's load of CO2? How do you get that from my words?

    Yes, hypothesis is based on observed changes.The challenge is showing proof of cause and effect, which has not yet been properly done to make the claim CO2 has as much warming as it is claimed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Yes, and no.

    If the temperature of the ocean/earth system was stable, the ocean would be absorbing 98% of the extra gasses put in the atmosphere. This means our contribution would be very small compared to what we see.

    Since the ocean is warming, is all else were equal, it would be putting CO2 in the atmosphere if our emissions were zero. For all we know, we might see 400 pom without our contribution. The ocean might be maintaining the ratio it wants.
    from http://www.debatepolitics.com/enviro...elation-6.html

    You just pulled it out of your ass for no reason other than "coulda". There is no coulda in science, you have to have reason and evidence or else its just a stoned teenager making animals out of the clouds, it means nothing. There is no maybe cuz why? You just make **** up as you go.

    This is why I won't "debate" you. You're a bull****ter.

  6. #716
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,297

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    from http://www.debatepolitics.com/enviro...elation-6.html

    You just pulled it out of your ass for no reason other than "coulda". There is no coulda in science, you have to have reason and evidence or else its just a stoned teenager making animals out of the clouds, it means nothing. There is no maybe cuz why? You just make **** up as you go.

    This is why I won't "debate" you. You're a bull****ter.
    Wow.

    First off, that assessment was with the qualifier "if all else was equal."

    How about telling the alarmist climate scientists there is no "could."

  7. #717
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Wow.

    First off, that assessment was with the qualifier "if all else was equal."

    How about telling the alarmist climate scientists there is no "could."
    I'm making a really big frowning face right now.

    The qualifier doesn't matter, still you give ZERO reason for it to happen other than to prop up your argument that all the extra Co2 in the atmosphere is coming from the ocean... but again we come full circle as to WHY? Still you have never said a single thing about this.

    What do you mean no "could" with climate scientists. I got to hand it to you, you have to be the most dishonest person on this site. There have been thousands of experiments, papers, works done by thousands of scientists all around the world but you chalk it up to "could" no different than your unfalsifiable "hypothesilly" you came up with. Its not even a ****ing hypothesis.

    Its utterly ridiculous. All you do is prey upon people's ignorance while you trot out your bull****.

  8. #718
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,297

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I'm making a really big frowning face right now.

    The qualifier doesn't matter, still you give ZERO reason for it to happen other than to prop up your argument that all the extra Co2 in the atmosphere is coming from the ocean... but again we come full circle as to WHY? Still you have never said a single thing about this.

    What do you mean no "could" with climate scientists. I got to hand it to you, you have to be the most dishonest person on this site. There have been thousands of experiments, papers, works done by thousands of scientists all around the world but you chalk it up to "could" no different than your unfalsifiable "hypothesilly" you came up with. Its not even a ****ing hypothesis.

    Its utterly ridiculous. All you do is prey upon people's ignorance while you trot out your bull****.
    It's pointless debating this with you since you fail to understand that temperature affects solubility of a gas in a liquid.

  9. #719
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,297

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Do you comprehend this graph:



    A 0.5C change at water surface temperatures will make an approximate 2% change in how much CO2 the water can hold. Mixing with the volume of the ocean, minor temperature changes will make a large change in atmospheric CO2 since the ocean holds about 50 times more.

  10. #720
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I don't understand what all this commotion is about. Is this some important news announcement nobody knew? It only verifies what is already known...

    Very few people deny that global warming is real, or even was. Did you bother to read, near the end:
    Uh, have you been paying attention to the GOP on climate change? They're denying anything is happening whatsoever.

    Muller clearly makes a statement where he hedges his bets on what is the major cause, some natural occurrence on Earth or mankind, but that is a radical shift from his position that the Earth's climate isn't changing much quicker than before.

    Misrepresenting it as a "Koch brothers funded" implies they funded it by themselves. What about this quote?
    $150,000 isn't something to sneeze at.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •