Page 71 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #701
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    How in hell do you expect to debate a topic when you just parrot other people? Seems like the actions of a troll to me.
    Using proper support isn't parroting. You've created this convoluted view to hide that you merely want to ignore the best evidence. I've supported my claims. You have not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #702
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    If they are so knowledgable, why are they continuously and consistently wrong?
    They're not. Seriously. You merely do a poor job of interpreting events.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #703
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,533

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    How in hell do you expect to debate a topic when you just parrot other people? Seems like the actions of a troll to me.
    Are you a climate scientist?

  4. #704
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Using proper support isn't parroting. You've created this convoluted view to hide that you merely want to ignore the best evidence. I've supported my claims. You have not.
    But you aren't using it as support. You are using it as your argument. I post papers for support and explain what is happening. You don't. Your methodology appears to be to go to Realclimate, Skeptical Science, or some other site that has prepackaged links for an argument.

  5. #705
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Are you a climate scientist?
    No.

    Does it take a bonafide climate scientist to understand the sciences involved?

    Is science somehow different than other disciplines when it comes to the climate? Does science somehow magically change?

  6. #706
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    But you aren't using it as support. You are using it as your argument. I post papers for support and explain what is happening. You don't. Your methodology appears to be to go to Realclimate, Skeptical Science, or some other site that has prepackaged links for an argument.
    No, I stated my argument clearly. The links support what I have argued. I don't need to pretend I know more than actual experts. But you should go back and read my actual claims.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #707
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I stated my argument clearly. The links support what I have argued. I don't need to pretend I know more than actual experts. But you should go back and read my actual claims.
    Believe as you wish.

  8. #708
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    That's what really pisses me off. Too many people cannot make arguments in their own words or educated thoughts on the topic. It amazes me that people are so trusting of what other people say, when they cannot understand the reasons of their beliefs, other than "majority rules."
    Yeah, but some people do take the time to learn.

    What I do find interesting about this is when a group normally that is on the side that climate change is a hoax funds research by a scientist that normally agrees with them but comes the conclusion it's real. Richard Muller basically got paid to support a political agenda but found the opposite.

    Richard Muller, Koch brothers-funded scientist, declares global warming is real* - NY Daily News
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #709
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Yeah, but some people do take the time to learn.

    What I do find interesting about this is when a group normally that is on the side that climate change is a hoax funds research by a scientist that normally agrees with them but comes the conclusion it's real. Richard Muller basically got paid to support a political agenda but found the opposite.

    Richard Muller, Koch brothers-funded scientist, declares global warming is real* - NY Daily News
    I don't understand what all this commotion is about. Is this some important news announcement nobody knew? It only verifies what is already known...

    Very few people deny that global warming is real, or even was. Did you bother to read, near the end:

    "Global warming is real," he wrote in an editorial in the Wall Street Journal earlier this month.

    "Perhaps our results will help cool this portion of the climate debate. How much of the warming is due to humans and what will be the likely effects? We made no independent assessment of that."
    And...

    Misrepresenting it as a "Koch brothers funded" implies they funded it by themselves. What about this quote?
    Now the scientist, who received part of his funding from a foundation funded by David and Charles Koch
    Any idea how much? It must not have been significant enough to say "most."

    OK, nothing that disagrees with what I say, or most skeptics. What is so important about this?

    This will be a better link for you to use next time:

    The Conversion of a Climate-Change Skeptic

    Here's your money quote:

    Moreover, it appears likely that essentially all of this increase results from the human emission of greenhouse gases.
    Just bear in mind, that he also claims to have made no independent assessment of how much is AGW.

  10. #710
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,533

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    No.

    Does it take a bonafide climate scientist to understand the sciences involved?

    Is science somehow different than other disciplines when it comes to the climate? Does science somehow magically change?


    There's a saying. Intelligent people are usually full of doubt but idiots are cock sure.

    It takes a pretty arrogant, smug person to declare that they are so brilliant that they not only know their own field well, they actually know other fields better than the professionals that encompass it. You must be a really smart guy right? You've got this all figured out and the climate scientists just aren't good enough at what they do to be on the same level as an outsider from another field, wowza.

    Back when I was a kid I learned that intelligent / wise people are actually the most ignorant. This is because they know more about what they don't know, they understand how massive their lack of knowledge is. They learn that they are very small, insignificant minds that have a very large, complicated world to try and understand. Children and fools on the other hand, think they know it all. They think they've got everything figured out and everyone is SO stupid but them...

    Do you think its remotely possible that you don't know everything you need to know about climate science to say they're all wrong and you've got the real science in your pocket? Is it probable that you're missing some important things that would bring you to radically different conclusions?

    I mean really because if not, if you are teh superior scientist... we need to get you a website. I'll set it up for you. You can enlighten the world with your brilliant theorems and destroy the status quo. The energy industry will hire you as a multimillion dollar top pit bull that destroys teh greeny weenies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •