Page 70 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #691
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,214

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    It doesn't matter how I tell you are wrong, its that I tell you and support it. You're trying to get around the fact that scientist have addressed this and disagree with you. This is enough to refute you.
    Your links do not support it. You don't even understand why they don't support. That is what is so damn annoying about you and others.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    And when you say something asinine like that you've been studying the agenda, you make clear your prejudice and how it likely clouds your reasoning.
    If what I concluded was AGW rules, I would take that position. My agenda is the truth.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    You need to convolute the issue in order to convince yourself that you're right. But, we have scientist explaining it. Why would any rationale, non biased person want a novice explanation? It's that agenda thing again.
    You don't even know my qualifications. Do you?

    I show material not out there in the public view like the total effect of CO2 forcing rather than just net changes, for scale. You are and other warmers are completely silent anytime I show some good information, yet you maintain I am wrong.

    Produce or shut up.

  2. #692
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Your links do not support it. You don't even understand why they don't support. That is what is so damn annoying about you and others.



    If what I concluded was AGW rules, I would take that position. My agenda is the truth.



    You don't even know my qualifications. Do you?

    I show material not out there in the public view like the total effect of CO2 forcing rather than just net changes, for scale. You are and other warmers are completely silent anytime I show some good information, yet you maintain I am wrong.

    Produce or shut up.
    That's what you tell yourself so you can continue the illusion. Scientist don't know anything; only you know. I understand.

    But, I'll go with the best evidence, and the best evidence comes from those who know. Not some internet self proclaimed genius.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #693
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,214

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's what you tell yourself so you can continue the illusion. Scientist don't know anything; only you know. I understand.

    But, I'll go with the best evidence, and the best evidence comes from those who know. Not some internet self proclaimed genius.
    How in hell do you expect to debate a topic when you just parrot other people? Seems like the actions of a troll to me.

  4. #694
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Science has an agenda? Yeah, the truth.

    Here's an overview:

    National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on climate change. These assessments are generally consistent with the conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), summarized below:

    Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.[5]
    Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities

    Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Statement on climate change from 18 scientific associations

    "Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver." (2009)2

    Climate Change: Consensus

    • Is there a lack of scientific consensus about global warming? The views of global warming critics have attracted a fair amount of attention from politicians and the media, but we found little dispute in the scientific community, especially among climate specialists, on whether climate change is primarily caused by natural or man-made forces. We found a significant scientific consensus that human beings are contributing to global warming. So we rated the suggestion that there’s no scientific consensus False.

    PolitiFact | A look back at our climate-change fact-checks

    So, whats your agenda? :coffepap


    What I'm looking for and what doesn't exist is the reclassification of the this imaginary thing as a Scientific Theory.

    If that does not exist, then there must be some reason that has nothing to do with science or evidence that makes all of these folks agree so strongly.

    Of course, the widespread agreement is also pretty much an illusion of the agenda driven political effort that is AGW Science.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  5. #695
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Wiki is a proper source, when used as I used it, only to give an overview. The other sources are completely valid.

    And no one is misstating or misrepresenting the science about. You're just dancing.


    Not to be a nit picker here, but I asked for the scientific organizations that have reclassified this as a scientific theory and you replied with various off topic references that did not apply to the stated request.

    With respect, you are the one who is dancing.

    Have you located a scientific organization that has classified AGW as a scientific theory?
    Last edited by code1211; 08-15-13 at 10:46 PM.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  6. #696
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That assumes you actual know what you say you know. I doubt you. It's easy for the novice to delude him or herself into thinking they covered it all. The first step towards wisdom is admitting you don't know. We can all be experts in everything, so decisions have to be made on best evidence. You just don't like that those who actually know this field disagree with you. Buck up. There are plenty of others who want to believe you. They'll ignore evidence as well.


    It's nice to read that you are capable of doubt.

    Why do you doubt Planar when he has shown you the basis for his thinking while you then mindlessly buy the baseless tripe of the AGW Diehards who are continuously wrong in everything they say?
    Last edited by code1211; 08-15-13 at 10:47 PM.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  7. #697
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It doesn't matter how I tell you are wrong, its that I tell you and support it. You're trying to get around the fact that scientist have addressed this and disagree with you. This is enough to refute you.

    And when you say something asinine like that you've been studying the agenda, you make clear your prejudice and how it likely clouds your reasoning. You need to convolute the issue in order to convince yourself that you're right. But, we have scientist explaining it. Why would any rationale, non biased person want a novice explanation? It's that agenda thing again.



    If they are so knowledgable, why are they continuously and consistently wrong?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  8. #698
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    How in hell do you expect to debate a topic when you just parrot other people? Seems like the actions of a troll to me.



    An Arabian Proverb:

    "He who knows not and knows not he knows not is a fool. Shun Him.

    He who knows not and knows he knows not is ignorant. Teach him.

    He who knows and knows not he knows is asleep. Wake him.

    He who knows and knows he knows is a leader. Follow him."
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  9. #699
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    How in hell do you expect to debate a topic when you just parrot other people? Seems like the actions of a troll to me.
    This would remove the vast majority of people from any debate on global climate change.

    The number of actual scientists here is pretty low.

    I do think however, that people shouldn't be expected to be taken seriously on this topic if they don't have a basic grasp of chemistry. Thus, I don't take most people seriously on this topic.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #700
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,214

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    This would remove the vast majority of people from any debate on global climate change.

    The number of actual scientists here is pretty low.

    I do think however, that people shouldn't be expected to be taken seriously on this topic if they don't have a basic grasp of chemistry. Thus, I don't take most people seriously on this topic.
    That's what really pisses me off. Too many people cannot make arguments in their own words or educated thoughts on the topic. It amazes me that people are so trusting of what other people say, when they cannot understand the reasons of their beliefs, other than "majority rules."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •