Page 69 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #681
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,244

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've linked a few for you. You'd be hard pressed to find one such organization, legitimate organization, that didn't believe in GW and that man is playing a role in what we see today.
    That's just it.

    We agree with your statement.

    We believe in global warming and we believe mankind contributes.

    Why do you all have such a binary thinking? Either for or against AGW?

    We only say that the warming is more natural than anthropogenic.

  2. #682
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    That's just it.

    We agree with your statement.

    We believe in global warming and we believe mankind contributes.

    Why do you all have such a binary thinking? Either for or against AGW?

    We only say that the warming is more natural than anthropogenic.
    More? Less? So?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #683
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've linked a few for you. You'd be hard pressed to find one such organization, legitimate organization, that didn't believe in GW and that man is playing a role in what we see today.


    You have not linked to any such organization. It would be laughed out of the field.

    The "scientists" all seem to say it's happening according to you and the other Diehards and yet there is not one scientific organization ont he planet that will recognize this notion as a Scientific Theory.

    What does this tell you about their agenda vs. their evidence?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  4. #684
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    You have not linked to any such organization. It would be laughed out of the field.

    The "scientists" all seem to say it's happening according to you and the other Diehards and yet there is not one scientific organization ont he planet that will recognize this notion as a Scientific Theory.

    What does this tell you about their agenda vs. their evidence?
    Science has an agenda? Yeah, the truth.

    Here's an overview:

    National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on climate change. These assessments are generally consistent with the conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), summarized below:

    Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.[5]
    Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities

    Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Statement on climate change from 18 scientific associations

    "Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver." (2009)2

    Climate Change: Consensus

    • Is there a lack of scientific consensus about global warming? The views of global warming critics have attracted a fair amount of attention from politicians and the media, but we found little dispute in the scientific community, especially among climate specialists, on whether climate change is primarily caused by natural or man-made forces. We found a significant scientific consensus that human beings are contributing to global warming. So we rated the suggestion that there’s no scientific consensus False.

    PolitiFact | A look back at our climate-change fact-checks

    So, whats your agenda? :coffepap

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #685
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,244

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    Science has an agenda? Yeah, the truth.
    Science doesn't. Those who control the data and write the material can, and often do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    Here's an overview:

    National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on climate change. These assessments are generally consistent with the conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), summarized below:

    Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.[5]
    Very few scientists disagree with this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities
    OK, so these scientific bodies agree that at least 50% of these changes are very likely (90%) to be caused my mankind. Consider the "what if" the training received on the topic isn't completely correct?


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Statement on climate change from 18 scientific associations

    "Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver." (2009)2
    Well, wiki isn't the best reference to use you know. Here is the whole letter for everyone to consider:

    Open Letter to Members of the Senate


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    Climate Change: Consensus

    • Is there a lack of scientific consensus about global warming? The views of global warming critics have attracted a fair amount of attention from politicians and the media, but we found little dispute in the scientific community, especially among climate specialists, on whether climate change is primarily caused by natural or man-made forces. We found a significant scientific consensus that human beings are contributing to global warming. So we rated the suggestion that there’s no scientific consensus False.
    Funny how they change form saying the consensus is that global warming is real to consensus that humans are contributing...


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    Is that how you get spoon fed your fact? By what other sites say? Do you understand the sciences?

  6. #686
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Science doesn't. Those who control the data and write the material can, and often do.



    Very few scientists disagree with this.



    OK, so these scientific bodies agree that at least 50% of these changes are very likely (90%) to be caused my mankind. Consider the "what if" the training received on the topic isn't completely correct?



    Well, wiki isn't the best reference to use you know. Here is the whole letter for everyone to consider:

    Open Letter to Members of the Senate



    Funny how they change form saying the consensus is that global warming is real to consensus that humans are contributing...



    Is that how you get spoon fed your fact? By what other sites say? Do you understand the sciences?
    Wiki is a proper source, when used as I used it, only to give an overview. The other sources are completely valid.

    And no one is misstating or misrepresenting the science about. You're just dancing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #687
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,244

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Wiki is a proper source, when used as I used it, only to give an overview. The other sources are completely valid.

    And no one is misstating or misrepresenting the science about. You're just dancing.
    Oh please. Really now. Maybe I just get tired of people responding who rely on what the so-called experts say, rather than being able to comprehend it themselves. If you really wanted to be more than a troll, you wouldn't take a few statements that we all have seen over the years debating this. Instead, you would find the source material like I did for you, and explain it's merit.

    You're welcome for me finding that link for you.

  8. #688
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Oh please. Really now. Maybe I just get tired of people responding who rely on what the so-called experts say, rather than being able to comprehend it themselves. If you really wanted to be more than a troll, you wouldn't take a few statements that we all have seen over the years debating this. Instead, you would find the source material like I did for you, and explain it's merit.

    You're welcome for me finding that link for you.
    That assumes you actual know what you say you know. I doubt you. It's easy for the novice to delude him or herself into thinking they covered it all. The first step towards wisdom is admitting you don't know. We can all be experts in everything, so decisions have to be made on best evidence. You just don't like that those who actually know this field disagree with you. Buck up. There are plenty of others who want to believe you. They'll ignore evidence as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #689
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,244

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    That assumes you actual know what you say you know. I doubt you.
    Can you tell,me why I'm wrong without referring to what your teacher says? Take anything I have said, and show me with scientific reasoning, why I am wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    It's easy for the novice to delude him or herself into thinking they covered it all. The first step towards wisdom is admitting you don't know.
    Absolutely. So why do you keep regurgitating other people's work without understanding what it really says?

    That's why I seek the knowledge I don't know, unlike you true believers who have faith in what the AGW priests say.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    We can['t] all be experts in everything, so decisions have to be made on best evidence.
    I will assume my correction to your statement is correct, in that you meant "can't" rather than "can."

    This is very true that we can't be experts on everything. I have been studying this agenda of global warming for almost 10 years. How about you? I understand the sciences and when I find a part of it I don't know, I learn it.

  10. #690
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Can you tell,me why I'm wrong without referring to what your teacher says? Take anything I have said, and show me with scientific reasoning, why I am wrong.



    Absolutely. So why do you keep regurgitating other people's work without understanding what it really says?

    That's why I seek the knowledge I don't know, unlike you true believers who have faith in what the AGW priests say.



    I will assume my correction to your statement is correct, in that you meant "can't" rather than "can."

    This is very true that we can't be experts on everything. I have been studying this agenda of global warming for almost 10 years. How about you? I understand the sciences and when I find a part of it I don't know, I learn it.
    It doesn't matter how I tell you are wrong, its that I tell you and support it. You're trying to get around the fact that scientist have addressed this and disagree with you. This is enough to refute you.

    And when you say something asinine like that you've been studying the agenda, you make clear your prejudice and how it likely clouds your reasoning. You need to convolute the issue in order to convince yourself that you're right. But, we have scientist explaining it. Why would any rationale, non biased person want a novice explanation? It's that agenda thing again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •