Page 60 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #591
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,661

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, your description of yourself is not accurate. each of your statements have met a rebuttal by someone. you've largely ignored the facts of the rebuttal and merely repeated the claim that has been rebutted, leaving no place to really go in the debate. If you had actually addressed each rebuttal, we could move forward. but you haven't.

    Well, this is exactly the same post again.

    What can you offer as evidence of this particular claim?

    Are you EVER going to make an assertion about AGW and support it with evidence?

    I guess I didn't know that you and I have met and know each other, but, okay, what part of the description of myself is not accurate?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  2. #592
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,661

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    False science was thrown up by both, often paid for by companies with an interest in clouding the issue.

    BTW, one of my links covered this.


    The tobacco industry paid many experts to conduct studies that were designed to produce a particular result. This was to provide rebuttals in the legal suits that were being brought against them

    Do you have evidence that the oil companies are doing the same thing? Have oil companies been sued because they are emitting CO2?

    Like most of your links, you hide the intent BECAUSE YOU DO NOT IDENTIFY THE REASON YOU HAVE POSTED THE LINK.

    If you would make an assertion and then provide a link and from that link post the salient point that supports your particular assertion, that would be helpful.

    Haven't you read any of the other posts from the other posters? You are the only one who repeats the same thing over and over and never varies and occasionally spontaneously posts a link to something for no apparent reason.

    By the by, there is a reference to it in this link, too.

    http://www.loc.gov/index.html
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  3. #593
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,661

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What is politicized is the denial effort. It's grounded in politics and not science. The science is just the science. Those not wanting to adhere to any consequences of the science prefer to muddy the water (remember the tobacco industry?).


    The AGW notion is driven by politicians who are most notable in the IPCC. Do you know that not one of the letters in IPCC stands for science? Might be a reason for that.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  4. #594
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,661

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You went kind of nuts since last I was on. You're sources, however, are seriously suspect. And you really don't dispute my claim. Understand, the area we can best effect is our role, so it makes sense to address it. And it is also true that there is really no draw back to the plant if we harm her less. The fact that you seem to be pro pollution is something I've always found odd. But the fact remains, those who know the field, those who study it, those who are best able to answer the question disagree with you. The best you can do is pull from outliners.

    This was you claim that you made which you did not supported by any evidence or a link of any type.

    Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    "Models are but one way. And they are a valid way."


    I posted a link that showed that 73 models were all wrong and the average was disasterously wrong and they were all higher than the observed actual temperature change.

    Can you produce even one model from 30 years ago that is accurate? 20 years ago? 10 years ago? Last week?

    I have produce 73 that are wrong, linked to them and documented the source.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  5. #595
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,661

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Kind of funny. These points are so old and proven they are in textbooks, encyclopedias. Children are being taught these things as part of a basic rudimentary education. Yet we have "denialists" who won't even consider the possibility it could be true and immediately wave it off without a second thought.


    Don't you see that you're being played? They have a pre printed play book and they are wheeling it out for political arguments to throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

    I'm surprised you're not bringing up the successful campaign against coal burning to stop the Acid rain in Britain. That actually happened and both the cause and the fix were well identified and well documented, but is not a parallel due to the causal link that was clear in the acid rain and non existent in the AGW notion.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  6. #596
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,661

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Textbooks written by whom? Encyclopedias are not written in stone either....That children are being brainwashed by progressives in our schools is nothing new either...You need to learn the difference between Scientific law, and theory.

    There's a pretty dramatic difference between scientific theory and AGW notions.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  7. #597
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    There's a pretty dramatic difference between scientific theory and AGW notions.

    Sometimes I get the distinct impression that I am living in Blotto World where white is black, up is down, etc....I mean even the middle school science student knows that things like the "Law of Gravity" is not the same as discussing the "Theory of Climate change".....Gravity is a fact, and readily provable by even a lay person. Whereas, this scam of AGW is a global redistribution scheme where the countries like the US will be subjected to sovereignty stripping regulation, and wealth redistribution, while others like China will be allowed to continue building, and putting online a coal burning power plant each week. It's all so dumb, and simplistically transparent that those now espousing, and furthering the talking points of the cult's high priests, are beginning to look extremely easily duped.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #598
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,253

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    No major scientific body in the world disagrees with the premise of AGW. Your antiscience paranoia is a regrettable side effect of your politics.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  9. #599
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    No major scientific body in the world disagrees with the premise of AGW. Your antiscience paranoia is a regrettable side effect of your politics.
    Apparently reading is not your strong suit....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #600
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,661

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sometimes I get the distinct impression that I am living in Blotto World where white is black, up is down, etc....I mean even the middle school science student knows that things like the "Law of Gravity" is not the same as discussing the "Theory of Climate change".....Gravity is a fact, and readily provable by even a lay person. Whereas, this scam of AGW is a global redistribution scheme where the countries like the US will be subjected to sovereignty stripping regulation, and wealth redistribution, while others like China will be allowed to continue building, and putting online a coal burning power plant each week. It's all so dumb, and simplistically transparent that those now espousing, and furthering the talking points of the cult's high priests, are beginning to look extremely easily duped.


    The Law of Gravity and the notion of AGW are taught as if both carry the same scientific credentials.

    It as if they were teaching history and claiming that George Washington and Pecos Bill were both actual people.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •