Page 44 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #431
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,219

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You actually have that in one of the links already. But you can find many:


    So in effect, carbon dioxide lets the light energy in, but doesn't let all of the heat energy out, similar to a greenhouse.

    Currently, the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is increasing at the rate of about one part per million per year. If this continues, some meteorologists expect that the average temperature of the earth will increase by about 2.5 degrees Celsius. This doesn't sound like much, but it could be enough to cause glaciers to melt, which would cause coastal flooding.

    8/31/94 - How does carbon dioxide cause global warming?

    The evolution of the Earth's climate has been extensively studied1, 2, and a strong link between increases in surface temperatures and greenhouse gases has been established3, 4. But this relationship is complicated by several feedback processes—most importantly the hydrological cycle—that are not well understood5, 6, 7. Changes in the Earth's greenhouse effect can be detected from variations in the spectrum of outgoing longwave radiation8, 9, 10, which is a measure of how the Earth cools to space and carries the imprint of the gases that are responsible for the greenhouse effect11, 12, 13. Here we analyse the difference between the spectra of the outgoing longwave radiation of the Earth as measured by orbiting spacecraft in 1970 and 1997. We find differences in the spectra that point to long-term changes in atmospheric CH4, CO2 and O3 as well as CFC-11 and CFC-12. Our results provide direct experimental evidence for a significant increase in the Earth's greenhouse effect that is consistent with concerns over radiative forcing of climate.

    Increases in greenhouse forcing inferred from the outgoing longwave radiation spectra of the Earth in 1970 and 1997 : Abstract : Nature

    Report 5: How Do We Contribute to Global Warming?

    The Causes of Global Warming: A Global Warming FAQ | Union of Concerned Scientists
    That doesn't prove it. It tells us what happens if their other assessments are correct, which they even admit have wide uncertainties.

    CO2 in the atmosphere isn't a a theory like gravity is. The effects of gravity is repeatable. CO2 isn't. Then, when all is said an done, their radiate forcing assessments violate the Stefan–Boltzmann law to get the temperatures they claim.

    Note... LAW... Not theory or hypothesis.

  2. #432
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    That doesn't prove it. It tells us what happens if their other assessments are correct, which they even admit have wide uncertainties.

    CO2 in the atmosphere isn't a a theory like gravity is. The effects of gravity is repeatable. CO2 isn't. Then, when all is said an done, their radiate forcing assessments violate the Stefan–Boltzmann law to get the temperatures they claim.

    Note... LAW... Not theory or hypothesis.
    They also assert they are correct. And yes, it is a theory like gravity, and accepted. Sorry.


    June 11, 2009 — Damon Matthews, a professor in Concordia University's Department of Geography, Planning and the Environment has found a direct relationship between carbon dioxide emissions and global warming. Matthews, together with colleagues from Victoria and the U.K., used a combination of global climate models and historical climate data to show that there is a simple linear relationship between total cumulative emissions and global temperature change.

    Carbon Emissions Linked To Global Warming In Simple Linear Relationship

    Who's 'Most to Blame' for Global Warming?

    http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/educati...s/howhuman.pdf

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,219

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They also assert they are correct. And yes, it is a theory like gravity, and accepted. Sorry.


    June 11, 2009 — Damon Matthews, a professor in Concordia University's Department of Geography, Planning and the Environment has found a direct relationship between carbon dioxide emissions and global warming. Matthews, together with colleagues from Victoria and the U.K., used a combination of global climate models and historical climate data to show that there is a simple linear relationship between total cumulative emissions and global temperature change.

    Carbon Emissions Linked To Global Warming In Simple Linear Relationship

    Who's 'Most to Blame' for Global Warming?

    http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/educati...s/howhuman.pdf
    My God man. Using models rather than confirming with testable experiments?

    Matthews, together with colleagues from Victoria and the U.K., used a combination of global climate models and historical climate data to show that there is a simple linear relationship between total cumulative emissions and global temperature change.
    What a joke to claim that is any where the repeatability of gravity experiments.

  4. #434
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    My God man. Using models rather than confirming with testable experiments?



    What a joke to claim that is any where the repeatability of gravity experiments.
    Much has been done and repeated. None of this is new.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #435
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,219

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Much has been done and repeated. None of this is new.
    LOL...

    Yes. Models are repeatable. They will repeatable give you what ever results you program them to.

  6. #436
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    LOL...

    Yes. Models are repeatable. They will repeatable give you what ever results you program them to.
    And if you go through all the links, you'll find more than that as well. This is the game you guys play. There's a link in that as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #437
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,219

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And if you go through all the links, you'll find more than that as well. This is the game you guys play. There's a link in that as well.
    LOL...

    Models will repeat what they are programmed to. that does not mean they represent the real world.

  8. #438
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,219

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And if you go through all the links, you'll find more than that as well. This is the game you guys play. There's a link in that as well.
    I don't play games with links.

    Have any evaluation in your own words, as to what any of those links actually mean?

  9. #439
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I don't play games with links.

    Have any evaluation in your own words, as to what any of those links actually mean?
    The links are better. The point has been this is well studied with an overwhelming consensus. You guys get into trouble because you try to pretend you understand it. You know more than the scientific community. You lack the basic rule of intelligence, admitting when you don't know. My argument is the novice is better off deferring to the best evidence. I've linked the best evidence. You guys have linked misrepresentations.

    Understand yet?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #440
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,219

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The links are better. The point has been this is well studied with an overwhelming consensus. You guys get into trouble because you try to pretend you understand it. You know more than the scientific community. You lack the basic rule of intelligence, admitting when you don't know. My argument is the novice is better off deferring to the best evidence. I've linked the best evidence. You guys have linked misrepresentations.

    Understand yet?
    I understand perfectly.

    You don't know what you are reading, yet bow down to their authority.

Page 44 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •