Page 42 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #411
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Warming is only warming.

    Anthropogenic warming assigns a cause.

    The warming trend we currently enjoy started when the Little Ice Age cooling stopped and that pre-dates the Industrial Revolution and the resulting rise of CO2 by about about 200 years.
    And I've given you links that cover that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #412
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    right on cue....Address the information, rather than attacking the source. BTW, I posted a Telegraph article that said the same thing.



    Yes, they are, but you really don't see the inherent dishonesty of placing data gathering devices in places where they know that it would be warmer? Come on....



    Yep, I saw that as well, So all that proves is that you have given up any critical thinking on the subject. At the very least it proves that the AGW cultist that go around spewing that the debate is over, are laughably wrong. But I do acknowledge that you are ready to believe statements you agree with...Shocker.
    No it doesn't j. The rebuttal is 1) that they accounted for that. So, your next move is to try and show they didn't. Now I could look for you. But what will be you're response with that evidence? What will you call me then?

    and 2) that there is other evidence. This I know to be true as I've posted much of that myself. I've never seen that remotely addressed, but you can anytime you care to.

    and j, again concerning sources. Sources that lie and mislead never really need to be addressed. Do keep that mind. You mistakenly think because someone says what you want said, it must be true. Your links largely come from questionable origins.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #413
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,271

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    The blogger took the draft report out of context. That report states that some argue for a mechanism that amplifies solar forcing (a natural factor). However, subsequent paragraphs discount that hypothesis. The closing paragraph of that section of Chapter 7 states:

    Although there is some evidence that ionization from cosmic rays may enhance aerosol nucleation in the free troposphere, there is medium evidence and high agreement that he cosmic ray-ionization mechanism is too weak to influence global concentrations CCN or their change over the last century or during a solar cycle in any climatically significant way. The lack of trend in the cosmic ray intensity over the last 50 years provides another strong argument agains the hypothesis of a major contribution of cosmic rays to ongoing climate change.

    The draft document also notes in its summary for policymakers, "No robust association between changes in cosmic rays and cloudiness has been identified."

    In other words, once one reads the draft report's language in its full context, there is no "game-changing admission of enhanced solar forcing." The report does not reflect reduced confidence in AGW.
    I have a copy of the AR5, and notice your quote is edited!

    Do you ever check someone's sources?

    I suggest you follow Agee et al., 2012, and McCracken and Beer, 2007. The IPCC uses reports that are not very good for this application, just so they can color the report as they want.

    Did you purposely remove the two reference paper names so we couldn't look it up ourselves?

    13 Although there is some evidence that ionization from cosmic rays may enhance aerosol nucleation in the free
    14 troposphere, there is medium evidence and high agreement that the cosmic ray-ionization mechanism is too
    15 weak to influence global concentrations of CCN or their change over the last century or during a solar cycle
    16 in any climatically significant way. The lack of trend in the cosmic ray intensity over the last 50 years (Agee
    17 et al., 2012; McCracken and Beer, 2007) provides another strong argument against the hypothesis of a major
    18 contribution of cosmic rays to ongoing climate change.

  4. #414
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, surprise, surprise....Warming is caused by the sun.....Who'd have thunk it?.....


    So the question is, why would an international body like the UN be pushing so hard for man made climate change? The answer is in what few know about, called agenda 21.



    So you all tell me. I know that those willing, or wanting to mask the "ends" that they are for will attack me for using the Blaze as a source for the secondary piece, but agenda 21 is there for all to read...

    Agenda 21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Read it, and do your own research, but this is probably the clearest sign that the UN is a dangerous to freedom, and needs to be dismantled.



    I refuse to believe this until I am shown some proof that is acceptable to me.

  5. #415
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, surprise, surprise....Warming is caused by the sun.....Who'd have thunk it?.....

    So the question is, why would an international body like the UN be pushing so hard for man made climate change? The answer is in what few know about, called agenda 21.



    So you all tell me. I know that those willing, or wanting to mask the "ends" that they are for will attack me for using the Blaze as a source for the secondary piece, but agenda 21 is there for all to read...

    Agenda 21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Read it, and do your own research, but this is probably the clearest sign that the UN is a dangerous to freedom, and needs to be dismantled.
    Wow it takes 100's of countries and 1000's of people to ****ing admit that the sun warms the Earth....

    Apparently I need a progressive army to screw in a light bulb...

    Of course they knew this - It just wasn't/isn't convenient for their authoritarian 1984ish agenda....

    No it's more convenient to claim humans are responsible for "global warming" that way they can dictate human activities all in the name of "crisis" er "you're going to ****ing die if you don't live the way we tell you to live."

    See how that works???

    All you have to do is tell someone they're going to die then they will do whatever you want... Because after all they've (the sheep) have been brainwashed with the notion that they're inferior to the "true intellectuals" hence they need to obey the almighty governments and scientists that have no agenda at all.... Because no one would ever abuse their authority or position - EVER...

  6. #416
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,271

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes I have. Each link specific evidence. You're just trying to find a way to dance round it.
    I just jumped into this thread not realizing it's an older one.

    If this is about the climategate evidence, saying proof is it was innocent, that is bogus.

    Have there been any independent investigations?

    All the internal investigation I have seen are like the past, where the catholic churches, covering up child abuse.

  7. #417
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,271

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Look, providing the evidence is showing it.
    That was a remark. Not evidence.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,271

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    If you don't want to present your proof, that is alright.

    I just don't understand why you are posting if you refuse to post the information that you seem to think is important.

    Your choice.
    It appears he has no proof. I wonder if he will keep sidestepping.

    My first response to this thread is from post #2, not looking at the date and thinking this is an old thread. Excuse me if I am out of touch with previous posts.

  9. #419
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,271

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't play stupid. I gave proof with the links.
    I disagree.

  10. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Does anyone see how ridiculous this whole topic is??

    The AGW crowed is reluctant to even acknowledge that solar flares play a role in "climate change."

    The best part is we can see them now (and have been for quite some time) with the appropriate means...

    No, it must be man - it has to be man made....

    The sun couldn't possibly destroy the ozone layer much less your skin or light fires on earth...

Page 42 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •