Page 39 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #381
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    You and your ilk may have agreed. The science shows the opposite.

    The science that you set, like you, talks about how the science is settled byt references the world of models and postures with predictions of dire consequence.

    Would you please present some of that science as it is reflected by real world climate events and data?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  2. #382
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Why is the warming of today not warmer than the warming of 8000 years ago?

    Why is the pace of the warming not accelerated vs the warming of the 200 years that preceded the industrial Revolution?

    Why has the warming over the last 2000 years been only 0.7 degrees?

    Why are we currently cooling?

    These are all questions that undermine your belief. You have presented no arguments to explain these facts in the terms of AGW Science.

    You are free to proceed.
    The pace is excel learned. Read what I linked.

    What seem like small percentages are actually significant. Of course, we have to assume your number is correct. But again, I linked accurate information should you want to double check.

    We're not cooling. The line always has a sig zag to it. Look at your on chart.

    You have your facts wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #383
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The pace is excel learned. Read what I linked.

    What seem like small percentages are actually significant. Of course, we have to assume your number is correct. But again, I linked accurate information should you want to double check.

    We're not cooling. The line always has a sig zag to it. Look at your on chart.

    You have your facts wrong.


    Please present the correct facts and not as a part of a blind link. Make your case.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  4. #384
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Please present the correct facts and not as a part of a blind link. Make your case.
    My case is quite simple: there are numerous studies, using different methods and measures, backed by the overwhelming majority of scientific community. As a no scientist, as most are, we can only act on best evidence. Unless you can show something I refuted (and others have completely refuted your chart evidence), none if us ignore the science and act on our feelings or what we want to be true. Best evidence should rule the date.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #385
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warming

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    My case is quite simple: there are numerous studies, using different methods and measures, backed by the overwhelming majority of scientific community. As a no scientist, as most are, we can only act on best evidence. Unless you can show something I refuted (and others have completely refuted your chart evidence), none if us ignore the science and act on our feelings or what we want to be true. Best evidence should rule the date.
    That would only be so if your proclaimed science hadn't been caught skewing data to fit the political agenda.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #386
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warming

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That would only be so if your proclaimed science hadn't been caught skewing data to fit the political agenda.
    No, that was overhyped and misrepresented by your side. That too has repeatedly been shown to you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #387
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warming

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that was overhyped and misrepresented by your side. That too has repeatedly been shown to you.
    "Overhyped"? that's like saying they only cheated a little.....it's political hype your zealots are engaged in.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #388
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,518

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warming

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "Overhyped"? that's like saying they only cheated a little.....it's political hype your zealots are engaged in.
    Similar to the majority of the conservative platform it had no basis in reality but was an excellent propaganda product.

  9. #389
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warming

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Similar to the majority of the conservative platform it had no basis in reality but was an excellent propaganda product.
    Well, as long as you say so, well it must be so....*sarcasm off*
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #390
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warming

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "Overhyped"? that's like saying they only cheated a little.....it's political hype your zealots are engaged in.
    No. It's saying it wasn't what you claimed it to be.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 39 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •