Page 38 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #371
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I e given you a lot of data, and you've addressed none of it.



    You've posted links and made no points.

    I'm not going to argue your case for you.

    If you have a case, make it.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  2. #372
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Now that we all agree that even the UN realizes that the "global warming" is actually just the result of solar activity, can we all go back to arguing about more important things like reducing the size of the federal government?
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #373
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    You've posted links and made no points.

    I'm not going to argue your case for you.

    If you have a case, make it.
    Yes they did. They supported my claim, which I've made three times. You've not addressed any of it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #374
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes they did. They supported my claim, which I've made three times. You've not addressed any of it.


    I have asked you to present what it is you are saying.

    You are asking me to cull through your sources to construct your case for you.

    Make your case.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  5. #375
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    I have asked you to present what it is you are saying.

    You are asking me to cull through your sources to construct your case for you.

    Make your case.
    And I have. For the tenth time:

    That there is a lot of different scientific evidence that builds a case. You choosing to cherry pick only one brick and ignoring the rest is weak (that's my first claim). Especially when you don't seem to understand even that cherry picked brick.

    I linked an article arguing that your side side does just this, and enumerated the list of evidence.

    I also claimed that there is a solid scientific consensus on this subject. Linked a few articles to support this.

    For good measure, I also linked articles showing various evidence.

    Now, my claims are easy to understand. They are well supported. And you have failed to address even one. Feigning ignorance is hardly an effective strategy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #376
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I have. For the tenth time:

    That there is a lot of different scientific evidence that builds a case. You choosing to cherry pick only one brick and ignoring the rest is weak (that's my first claim). Especially when you don't seem to understand even that cherry picked brick.

    I linked an article arguing that your side side does just this, and enumerated the list of evidence.

    I also claimed that there is a solid scientific consensus on this subject. Linked a few articles to support this.

    For good measure, I also linked articles showing various evidence.

    Now, my claims are easy to understand. They are well supported. And you have failed to address even one. Feigning ignorance is hardly an effective strategy.


    So your argument is that your mom told you so and that must be the truth.

    I am saying that this thing does not exist and the climate record does not support your assertion that it does. By saying there are lots of people getting paid to say this does not make it true. This is a notion that is not supported by actual real world proof.

    It requires only one "brick" of doubt to doubt and I have several.

    To doubt the existence of things like AGW or UFO's, one need only look for the solid proof. I only want you to present it. Doubt does not require anything more than one little crack in the wall of proof. The case for AGW doesn't have enough proof to make a wall to have a crack.

    You can start with this: If CO2 is the prime driver of climate and if more CO2 will always create higher temperatures, why do they not create higher temperatures than ever before right now? We have only recently warmed to a point of warming prevalent about 5000 years ago. We have vacillated in the Holocene within about a 2 degree range of temperature and we are right now just about in the middle. If you notion was real in the real world, we would be at the highest point of temperature in the Holocene. We are not.

    It is your side that Cherry picks and it is only through Cherry picking that your little house of cards can stand.

    If you have a case, then use it and eliminate my doubts.


    Attachment 67151429
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  7. #377
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,213

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Now that we all agree that even the UN realizes that the "global warming" is actually just the result of solar activity, can we all go back to arguing about more important things like reducing the size of the federal government?
    You and your ilk may have agreed. The science shows the opposite.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    You and your ilk may have agreed. The science shows the opposite.
    How many decades of "plateau" is it going to take before you warmists can agree you're wrong. Or are you all going to go to your grave swearing up and down that one of these days there will be the 2nd coming of global warming?
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #379
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    So your argument is that your mom told you so and that must be the truth.

    I am saying that this thing does not exist and the climate record does not support your assertion that it does. By saying there are lots of people getting paid to say this does not make it true. This is a notion that is not supported by actual real world proof.

    It requires only one "brick" of doubt to doubt and I have several.

    To doubt the existence of things like AGW or UFO's, one need only look for the solid proof. I only want you to present it. Doubt does not require anything more than one little crack in the wall of proof. The case for AGW doesn't have enough proof to make a wall to have a crack.

    You can start with this: If CO2 is the prime driver of climate and if more CO2 will always create higher temperatures, why do they not create higher temperatures than ever before right now? We have only recently warmed to a point of warming prevalent about 5000 years ago. We have vacillated in the Holocene within about a 2 degree range of temperature and we are right now just about in the middle. If you notion was real in the real world, we would be at the highest point of temperature in the Holocene. We are not.

    It is your side that Cherry picks and it is only through Cherry picking that your little house of cards can stand.

    If you have a case, then use it and eliminate my doubts.


    Attachment 67151429
    No, that is not argument. However, unlike you, I seek the best information available. However the evidence shakes out is where I lean until new evidence either confirms or disputes. I'm not so set in what I think to ignore new information. My Robles with you s that you ave nit really given any new information at all, let alone something that disputes the prevailing view. Even what little you have presented, and this has been explained to you by there's, fails to dispute anything.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #380
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that is not argument. However, unlike you, I seek the best information available. However the evidence shakes out is where I lean until new evidence either confirms or disputes. I'm not so set in what I think to ignore new information. My Robles with you s that you ave nit really given any new information at all, let alone something that disputes the prevailing view. Even what little you have presented, and this has been explained to you by there's, fails to dispute anything.



    Why is the warming of today not warmer than the warming of 8000 years ago?

    Why is the pace of the warming not accelerated vs the warming of the 200 years that preceded the industrial Revolution?

    Why has the warming over the last 2000 years been only 0.7 degrees?

    Why are we currently cooling?

    These are all questions that undermine your belief. You have presented no arguments to explain these facts in the terms of AGW Science.

    You are free to proceed.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

Page 38 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •