Page 33 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #321
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    You mean like a mega solar flare would radically harm and alter life on earth - and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it? That is another "could have happened that way" about what happened to the dinosaurs.

  2. #322
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    This is the standard fall back remark from all AGW Diehards. To prove something, all you need is proof.

    To doubt something, all you need a lack of proof.

    You believe something and have no proof. I doubt something because there is no proof.

    Which of us has faith?
    Fall back? I've given you a lot of evidence. I don't think you're interested in the science. There is plenty of evidence. You merely have to open your eyes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #323
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,283

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yes, yes, all three of them.

    Climate change denialism is a rightwing meme, fostered and paid for by Big Carbon, and activiting the conspiratorial part of the tea party brain, such as it is. Progressives listen to scientists and try to make rational policy based on the best science.

    It's sort of funny to hear you defend you position by claiming falsely that some liberals are as irrational as you are.
    Big Carbon? Bwuahahahahahahaha.......
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #324
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Hansen defined three scenarios. We are running at the CO2 increase rate most closely described by his A Scenario. I don't know what you are appealing to. He set the parameters for the assessment of the accuracy and he made the prediction.

    He and everyone else in this discipline are unable to make an accurate prediction. This does not make them evil or conspiratorial or swindlers. It only means they are not yet capable of making an accurate prediction. Why are they unable? I would hope it is because they cannot coordinate the thousands of interactions that create the climate in their models. Jansen certainly missed. He missed by plenty. We are less warm than he thought we would be if the CO2 actually decreased.

    The CO2 has increased at the rates it was increasing when he made his hunch prediction. He was wrong.

    Why do you continue to say that wrong is right?

    "HANSEN’S SCENARIOS

    The three scenarios and their predictions are defined by Hansen 1988 as follows


    “Scenario A assumes continued exponential trace gas growth, …” Hansen’s predicted temperature increase, from 1988 to 2012, is 0.9 ⁰C, OVER FOUR TIMES HIGHER than the actual increase of 0.22 ⁰C.

    “scenario B assumes a reduced linear growth of trace gases, …” Hansen’s predicted temperature increase, from 1988 to 2012, is 0.75 ⁰C, OVER THREE TIMES HIGHER than the actual increase of 0.22 ⁰C.

    “scenario C assumes a rapid curtailment of trace gas emissions such that the net climate forcing ceases to increase after the year 2000.” Hansen’s predicted temperature increase, from 1988 to 2012, is 0.29 ⁰C, ONLY 31% HIGHER than the actual increase of 0.22 ⁰C.

    So, only Scenario C, which “assumes a rapid curtailment of trace gas emissions” comes close to the truth.

    THERE HAS BEEN NO ACTUAL “CURTAILMENT OF TRACE GAS EMISSIONS”

    As everyone knows, the Mauna Loa measurements of atmospheric CO2 proves that there has NOT BEEN ANY CURTAILMENT of trace gas emissions. Indeed, the rapid increase of CO2 continues unabated."
    The part you are missing, which I have explained repeatedly, is that there are other variables involved in climate.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #325
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not quite the same. But follow your argument: we don't need no stink'in evidence. We just believe. That's not science. It is valid to make decisions based on available information, and not valid to merely think something because that's how you want it to be.
    Wow, project much? I asked you before to show me how the conditions of GW could be replicated in scientific surroundings by various scientists....You ignored that completely. Because it can't, and we have proof of the GW religion supporters skewing information to fit their conclusions. This isn't science, it is a rouse. A scam. And you buy into it hook, line, and sinker.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #326
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow, project much? I asked you before to show me how the conditions of GW could be replicated in scientific surroundings by various scientists....You ignored that completely. Because it can't, and we have proof of the GW religion supporters skewing information to fit their conclusions. This isn't science, it is a rouse. A scam. And you buy into it hook, line, and sinker.
    You assume your question applies. It really doesn't. Computer models show us some things, but like any evidence gathering effort, we can measure cause and effect. No one suggests there is only one cause, but we can see clear evidence of an increase and speeding up of warming beginning during the industrial age. We have more than one measure. Evidence is listed and explained in by many, which is why there is a consensus.

    BTW, I answered you in the context to that which you replied to. I always assume when you enter a discussion, you're continuing with what was said by all. Make clear when your not, and I'll answer you more direct.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #327
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Fall back? I've given you a lot of evidence. I don't think you're interested in the science. There is plenty of evidence. You merely have to open your eyes.


    You have presented evidence of warming. You have presented evidence of anthropogenic causes. What is missing from your evidence is the proof that the anthropogenic causes are causing the warming.

    If you can create that link, then perhaps AGW Science will start to work. Doubtful since it is based on a misconception, but it's possible.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  8. #328
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The part you are missing, which I have explained repeatedly, is that there are other variables involved in climate.


    And the part that you refuse to answer in this little repeated conversation is the part where you are required to show exactly the contribution to warming by the Anthropogenic forcings and exactly the warming that comes from the other factors.

    Here's your list to work with:

    http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a...5c9415b970b-pi


    I know, I know. You'll say that there is no way to attribute this and I will say then it's not science it's merely a notion and then you will feel like you won when you have once again shown nothing and once again presented no proof of anything.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  9. #329
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You assume your question applies. It really doesn't. Computer models show us some things, but like any evidence gathering effort, we can measure cause and effect. No one suggests there is only one cause, but we can see clear evidence of an increase and speeding up of warming beginning during the industrial age. We have more than one measure. Evidence is listed and explained in by many, which is why there is a consensus.

    BTW, I answered you in the context to that which you replied to. I always assume when you enter a discussion, you're continuing with what was said by all. Make clear when your not, and I'll answer you more direct.


    This attachment shows various proxies. The proxies show a pretty clear increase of temperature from 1600 to 1800. They show a pretty clear increase in temperature from 1800 to 2000.

    At the end of the record, the instrument record is tacked onto the proxies and that is a sham. The proxies start to curl down again as the instrument record rises. According to the proxies, the increase in temperature from 1600 to 1800, the 200 years before Industrial Revolution, was about equal to the 200 years following the increase in CO2 from the Industrial Revolution.

    This undermines your premise completely.

    At this time and since about the year 2000 the temperature has at least plateaued and may be dropping.

    Attachment 67151175
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  10. #330
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    You have presented evidence of warming. You have presented evidence of anthropogenic causes. What is missing from your evidence is the proof that the anthropogenic causes are causing the warming.

    If you can create that link, then perhaps AGW Science will start to work. Doubtful since it is based on a misconception, but it's possible.
    Then you haven't read it all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •