Page 30 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #291
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Didn't the "ver wheeling body of work and acceptance" (whatever that is) at one point in time also say that blacks were inferior to whites? Can you reproduce the hypothesis of the religion of GW in scientific settings? The problem that you have with continuing this charade of wealth redistribution in the name of saving the world from the human virus is that instead of truly letting science accurately study the phenomena, politicians have figured out that they could co opt the theory, and turn into a way to not only control the people, but take their wealth, all while getting rich off it themselves...It is a scam, a fraud...And all the name calling, and self serving arrogance about the matter will not change that liberal/progressives have ruined the trust in scientific pronouncements by subverting the system to their own ends. Shame on you libs.
    Not quite the same. But follow your argument: we don't need no stink'in evidence. We just believe. That's not science. It is valid to make decisions based on available information, and not valid to merely think something because that's how you want it to be.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #292
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    The link is just the words for the picture of the failed predictions of Dr. Hansen.

    Attachment 67151023
    Regardless of the truth or citron of your chart (often find this little charts to be fictions), he isn't the issue. The overwhelming body of work is the issue, with solid support among the scientific community.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #293
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Regardless of the truth or citron of your chart (often find this little charts to be fictions), he isn't the issue. The overwhelming body of work is the issue, with solid support among the scientific community.


    It's an infant science that really is not falsifiable.

    The simple fact of the matter is that the science has been around for a long enough period of time to have risen to the level of being a theory if it is in fact based on anything beyond fantasy. It still has not done so.

    It is an assertion and not even really a hypothesis. It has not demonstrated any basis for predicting climate and that is one of the defining factors of being a theory. Everyone seems to be agreeing that there is warming and that CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

    The missing link in the whole thing demonstrating that the CO2 is causing the warming. Since the warming predates the rise of CO2 and the rise of CO2 is constant while the rise of temperature is not, this seems to be a flaw in the whole line of logic.

    The experts simply do not understand the climate system and with every passing year, another piece of information rises that blows another hole in the house of cards. Like this one:

    New Paper “On the Misdiagnosis Of Surface Temperature Feedbacks From Variations In Earth

    <snip>
    Climate models get energy balance wrong, make too hot forecasts of global warming

    HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (July 26, 2011) — Data from NASA’s Terra satellite shows that when the climate warms, Earth’s atmosphere is apparently more efficient at releasing energy to space than models used to forecast climate change have been programmed to “believe.”
    <snip>
    Applied to long-term climate change, the research might indicate that the climate is less sensitive to warming due to increased carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere than climate modelers have theorized. A major underpinning of global warming theory is that the slight warming caused by enhanced greenhouse gases should change cloud cover in ways that cause additional warming, which would be a positive feedback cycle.

    Instead, the natural ebb and flow of clouds, solar radiation, heat rising from the oceans and a myriad of other factors added to the different time lags in which they impact the atmosphere might make it impossible to isolate or accurately identify which piece of Earth’s changing climate is feedback from manmade greenhouse gases.
    <snip>
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  4. #294
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    It's an infant science that really is not falsifiable.

    The simple fact of the matter is that the science has been around for a long enough period of time to have risen to the level of being a theory if it is in fact based on anything beyond fantasy. It still has not done so.

    It is an assertion and not even really a hypothesis. It has not demonstrated any basis for predicting climate and that is one of the defining factors of being a theory. Everyone seems to be agreeing that there is warming and that CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

    The missing link in the whole thing demonstrating that the CO2 is causing the warming. Since the warming predates the rise of CO2 and the rise of CO2 is constant while the rise of temperature is not, this seems to be a flaw in the whole line of logic.

    The experts simply do not understand the climate system and with every passing year, another piece of information rises that blows another hole in the house of cards. Like this one:

    New Paper “On the Misdiagnosis Of Surface Temperature Feedbacks From Variations In Earth

    <snip>
    Climate models get energy balance wrong, make too hot forecasts of global warming

    HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (July 26, 2011) — Data from NASA’s Terra satellite shows that when the climate warms, Earth’s atmosphere is apparently more efficient at releasing energy to space than models used to forecast climate change have been programmed to “believe.”
    <snip>
    Applied to long-term climate change, the research might indicate that the climate is less sensitive to warming due to increased carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere than climate modelers have theorized. A major underpinning of global warming theory is that the slight warming caused by enhanced greenhouse gases should change cloud cover in ways that cause additional warming, which would be a positive feedback cycle.

    Instead, the natural ebb and flow of clouds, solar radiation, heat rising from the oceans and a myriad of other factors added to the different time lags in which they impact the atmosphere might make it impossible to isolate or accurately identify which piece of Earth’s changing climate is feedback from manmade greenhouse gases.
    <snip>
    Again, best evidence doesn't support you. The consensus is clear. The science is clear.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #295
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, best evidence doesn't support you. The consensus is clear. The science is clear.


    Present the science and explain why you believe it is clear when it is wrong.

    Here is a copy of the prediction made by Dr. Hansen that missed the mark big time, but only if we compare it to what actually happened.

    The other attachment shows 73 other predictions based on AGW Science that all miseed the mark, also, but only if we compare them to actual real world temperatures.

    The evidence is pretty clear and the consensus is in agreement. However, their agreement is with each other and not with the real world. I kind of prefer science that works in the real world.


    Attachment 67151048Attachment 67151049
    Last edited by code1211; 07-28-13 at 07:37 AM.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  6. #296
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    More BS doesn't make the previous BS any more credible.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  7. #297
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well,
    surprise, surprise....Warming is caused by the sun.....Who'd have thunk it?..
    ...

    So the question is, why would an international body like the UN be pushing so hard for man made climate change? The answer is in what few know about, called agenda 21.



    So you all tell me. I know that those willing, or wanting to mask the "ends" that they are for will attack me for using the Blaze as a source for the secondary piece, but agenda 21 is there for all to read...

    Agenda 21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Read it, and do your own research, but this is probably the clearest sign that the UN is dangerous to freedom, and needs to be dismantled.



    When did this start?




    We need to spend a few hundred billion dollars figuring this **** out.

  8. #298
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Present the science and explain why you believe it is clear when it is wrong.

    Here is a copy of the prediction made by Dr. Hansen that missed the mark big time, but only if we compare it to what actually happened.

    The other attachment shows 73 other predictions based on AGW Science that all miseed the mark, also, but only if we compare them to actual real world temperatures.

    The evidence is pretty clear and the consensus is in agreement. However, their agreement is with each other and not with the real world. I kind of prefer science that works in the real world.


    Attachment 67151048Attachment 67151049
    97% global warming consensus meets resistance from scientific denialism
    The robust climate consensus faces resistance from conspiracy theories, cherry picking, and misrepresentations

    97% global warming consensus meets resistance from scientific denialism | Dana Nuccitelli | Environment | guardian.co.uk

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #299
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,821

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Present the science and explain why you believe it is clear when it is wrong.

    Here is a copy of the prediction made by Dr. Hansen that missed the mark big time, but only if we compare it to what actually happened.

    The other attachment shows 73 other predictions based on AGW Science that all miseed the mark, also, but only if we compare them to actual real world temperatures.

    The evidence is pretty clear and the consensus is in agreement. However, their agreement is with each other and not with the real world. I kind of prefer science that works in the real world.


    Attachment 67151048Attachment 67151049
    I've attempted to explain your fundamental misconceptions regarding climate models before.

    Here's something that the so-called skeptics can't seem to grasp:

    1) It is possible for a model to be accurate even when temperature trends end up not following the model projection.
    2) It is possible for a model to be inaccurate even when temperature trends end up following the model projection perfectly.

    But they don't want to discuss anything more than the bare surface. Temperature trends are running at the bottom end of the models, therefore AGW is all phony. As if that "real world" you claim to prefer is so simple.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #300
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    97% global warming consensus meets resistance from scientific denialism
    The robust climate consensus faces resistance from conspiracy theories, cherry picking, and misrepresentations

    97% global warming consensus meets resistance from scientific denialism | Dana Nuccitelli | Environment | guardian.co.uk
    What your authors omit is that more than 66% of the survey did not state on opinion which means they did not endorse the AGW Science. This gives us a bit of faith in the scientists of our age.

    However, of the 33% that did state an opinion, 97% of that small slice do endorse AGW Science. By the standards of AGW Science data, this is an accurate statement. By any rational measure of honesty, it's an outright lie. But in this particular realm, it must be considered to be accurate.

    That 97% is a Red Herring:

    Scientific consensus on anthropogenic climate change

    From the 11,994 papers, 32.6 per cent endorsed AGW, 66.4 per cent stated no position on AGW, 0.7 per cent rejected AGW and in 0.3 per cent of papers, the authors said the cause of global warming was uncertain.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •