Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #21
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Global Warming is a scam

    Al Gore is laughing all the way to the bank
    Man-made global warming, Y2K, Swine Flu, the Mayan calendar, AIDS killing all heterosexuals, SARS, killer bees......

    The same people fall for the same crap every time.

    I still want to know what caused the man-made global warming in the dark ages.

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    No, but if it leads to a good argument, I can pretend I was. I invented the internet too BTW.

    What I am suggesting is what I said. If you want it in different words: When I suggested here that solar activity may be a contributing factor, some AGW lad here went all stupidly dismissive in that holier than thou "peer reviewed" way because of other solar cycles in the past having had no effect on temperature based on ice core samples or whatever it was.
    No. Literally nobody said that. You misunderstood.

    The trick is to realize that more than one thing affects climate. At any given moment one or more of those factors might have significant influence on the observed trend, and one or more of those factors might have little or no change.

    Over the last 50 years the biggest factor has been increasing greenhouse gases.
    The 50 years prior to that was primarily solar forcing.

    This isn't some new argument I'm fabricating. This has always been the argument. Literally nobody has ever suggested that sun doesn't affect temperature. If at any point this is your interpretation of the argument, your interpretation is wrong.
    Last edited by Deuce; 02-04-13 at 04:11 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Man-made global warming, Y2K, Swine Flu, the Mayan calendar, AIDS killing all heterosexuals, SARS, killer bees......

    The same people fall for the same crap every time.

    I still want to know what caused the man-made global warming in the dark ages.
    Solar variations. This isn't hard information to discover. (although they don't call that "man-made" for obvious reasons. perhaps your error is in thinking that climate changes can only be natural or man-made, but "either" and "both" are also options)
    Last edited by Deuce; 02-04-13 at 04:15 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, surprise, surprise....Warming is caused by the sun.....Who'd have thunk it?.....

    So the question is, why would an international body like the UN be pushing so hard for man made climate change? The answer is in what few know about, called agenda 21.
    Weather change denialism AND the Agenda 21 meme. This is a great post for analyzing knownothing rightwing memes.

  5. #25
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Weather change denialism AND the Agenda 21 meme. This is a great post for analyzing knownothing rightwing memes.
    Not every issue falls into the silly left v right category of thinking you seemingly default to. I know a number of leftists who don't buy into the cult, just as I know a number of right-wingers who do.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Weather change denialism AND the Agenda 21 meme. This is a great post for analyzing knownothing rightwing memes.
    BOO!

    LOL, I bet you just crapped your knickers.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Solar variations. This isn't hard information to discover. (although they don't call that "man-made" for obvious reasons. perhaps your error is in thinking that climate changes can only be natural or man-made, but "either" and "both" are also options)
    It's a natural process. But today, everything has to be a freaking crisis so government can expand indiscrimantly and exponentially.

    Scare the crap out of people and tax them to death.

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's a natural process. But today, everything has to be a freaking crisis so government can expand indiscrimantly and exponentially.

    Scare the crap out of people and tax them to death.
    Climate does change naturally. Does this preclude the possibility of humans influencing it?
    I only ask because your wording seems to be exclusive.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Climate does change naturally. Does this preclude the possibility of humans influencing it?
    I only ask because your wording seems to be exclusive.
    A good point and should be remembered. The answer of course is no, it doesn't preclude that possibility. But to recognise human influence we first need to understand the basic natural system of climate. We do not adequately know that yet. Not near enough to be making assumptions about the significance of human forcing.

  10. #30
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    A good point and should be remembered. The answer of course is no, it doesn't preclude that possibility. But to recognise human influence we first need to understand the basic natural system of climate. We do not adequately know that yet. Not near enough to be making assumptions about the significance of human forcing.
    This is the rehashed we don't know everything, so we know nothing.. (often followed by Goddidit) argument. We know enough to make an informed assessment of what is happening. We also know that no alternative explanation better fits the circumstances in which we find ourselves
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •