Page 27 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #261
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    More strawman nonsense, a la creationism, debating the nonexistent controversy.


    And another empty response.

  2. #262
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    The AGW crowd is a little sore after their pet project to steal more money out of the hands of producers was exposed.

  3. #263
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The AGW crowd is a little sore after their pet project to steal more money out of the hands of producers was exposed.
    Uber-Fail:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1061423671

    No. RTFT
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #264
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Of course it was climategate.

    Look, you were deceived. Little snippets were clipped out that look damning, but if you ever bothered to read the entire conversations it would be immediately apparent that this was bull****.

    Example: That "trick" to "hide the decline?" What decline do you think was being hidden? Don't paste other websites. Tell me yourself.

    You're kidding right? So something that AGW proponents want to use as a hammer to bash skeptics over the head with, in terms of "scientific consensus", you have people at the center of this hiding data to make their conclusion work, and you want to laugh that off?

    That's not science friend, that is fraud.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #265
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    When a person wants to see a problem, he will. Works the same the other way. But what can't honestly be denied by both sides is that the consensus is that GW is real and part of the reason for it and its current intensity is man made.
    Ok, I'll give you a chance to answer what Deuce failed to answer....Ready?

    Can the results of the theory surrounding the claims of AGW be duplicated in a controlled environment?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #266
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, I'll give you a chance to answer what Deuce failed to answer....Ready?

    Can the results of the theory surrounding the claims of AGW be duplicated in a controlled environment?
    When in defeat, ask an irrelevant question...
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  7. #267
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    When in defeat, ask an irrelevant question...
    How is it irrelevant? There are three things that are benchmarks of scientific theory to make them valid....

    1. Be well tested....One has to be able to reproduce the theory in controlled settings in order to make the theory a "known fact"

    2. Be widely accepted....Although proponents would like to have everyone believe that their political rhetoric means that AGW meets this test, there is enough dissent in the AGW debate to make it questionable.

    3. Be able to explain observable facts...There are claims early on in the AGW debate that should be observable now that are not happening..

    So no. AGW as scientific theory, or fact is failing, and all that is left is the political rhetorical debate. Fact has left this long ago, in trade for political consideration, and scam.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #268
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, I'll give you a chance to answer what Deuce failed to answer....Ready?

    Can the results of the theory surrounding the claims of AGW be duplicated in a controlled environment?
    Two things:

    1. The earth is a large area and we're not likely to build a earth model we can duplicate in that way.

    2. Recreating is but one method of supporting a theory.

    In this threads science has been explained many, many times. Deniers have very little evidence to support them rely on minority opinions and wild misreadings of data to manufacture a position. At some point one has to admit the prevailing evidence is that mam has contributed to the problem.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #269
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Two things:

    1. The earth is a large area and we're not likely to build a earth model we can duplicate in that way.

    2. Recreating is but one method of supporting a theory.
    Nonsense, it is how scientific theory is solidified into scientific fact. No one says that we have to construct a model the same size as the earth in order to do that. This is you creating an impossible scenario to hide the fact that your theory can not be proven.

    In this threads science has been explained many, many times. Deniers have very little evidence to support them rely on minority opinions and wild misreadings of data to manufacture a position. At some point one has to admit the prevailing evidence is that mam has contributed to the problem.
    No, I see much in terms of name calling, and derision of those that don't blindly believe in AGW, but little in real provable fact when it comes to science. We have data that has been admittedly manipulated, and a sample size that is cherry picked to only highlight the conclusion that was formed before the data was collected. That is not scientific, that is political.

    Those who are truly open to science should be asking critical questions of the theory, not expending all of their energy into attacking those that are asking critical questions.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #270
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nonsense, it is how scientific theory is solidified into scientific fact. No one says that we have to construct a model the same size as the earth in order to do that. This is you creating an impossible scenario to hide the fact that your theory can not be proven.



    No, I see much in terms of name calling, and derision of those that don't blindly believe in AGW, but little in real provable fact when it comes to science. We have data that has been admittedly manipulated, and a sample size that is cherry picked to only highlight the conclusion that was formed before the data was collected. That is not scientific, that is political.

    Those who are truly open to science should be asking critical questions of the theory, not expending all of their energy into attacking those that are asking critical questions.
    No, I'm doing nothing of the kind. The earth is large and difficult to duplicate. I also noted there is more than one way to do this.

    And yes, questioning is fine. Refusing to listen to the answers is what I find problematic.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •