Page 23 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #221
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    The idea of AGW is based on the notion that ONE CAUSE is driving the climate.
    I'm going to stop you right there.

    No it isn't. Literally nobody has ever argued that. Until you can grasp this concept, there's no point to this discussion because you aren't being honest. You're just sticking your head in the sand and completely ignoring the decades of work and billions of dollars spent on analyzing all sorts of other influences on climate.

    Why? Why are you doing that?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    It's amazing how there is 23 pages of bickering over the notion that the sun heats the earth.

    Using the progressive logic all our pollution should reflect the sun - which was what was initially proposed back in the 70's - it was called "global cooling." Of course now it's AGW, I mean "climate change".....

    It's quite obvious man cannot live without the prospect of impending doom... The conspiracy would be great if it didn't affect my life.

    Now back to your scheduled programming....

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It's amazing how there is 23 pages of bickering over the notion that the sun heats the earth.

    Using the progressive logic all our pollution should reflect the sun - which was what was initially proposed back in the 70's - it was called "global cooling." Of course now it's AGW, I mean "climate change".....

    It's quite obvious man cannot live without the prospect of impending doom... The conspiracy would be great if it didn't affect my life.

    Now back to your scheduled programming....
    What is really means is that the government is going to go after the money in your pocket in order to 'save the planet'. That's why it was mentioned it the SOTU speech.

    It's a scam.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What is really means is that the government is going to go after the money in your pocket in order to 'save the planet'. That's why it was mentioned it the SOTU speech.

    It's a scam.
    I know, I just wanted to add my .02 cents on the topic.

    Remember; progressives are the gift that keeps on giving....

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I know, I just wanted to add my .02 cents on the topic.

    Remember; progressives are the gift that keeps on giving....
    As far as irony is concerned, yes. Otherwise they mostly keep on taking.

  6. #226
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It's amazing how there is 23 pages of bickering over the notion that the sun heats the earth.

    Using the progressive logic all our pollution should reflect the sun - which was what was initially proposed back in the 70's - it was called "global cooling." Of course now it's AGW, I mean "climate change".....

    It's quite obvious man cannot live without the prospect of impending doom... The conspiracy would be great if it didn't affect my life.

    Now back to your scheduled programming....
    Only the right-wingers are bickering over the notion. Nobody has ever argued that the sun has no effect on climate. Global cooling was never a majority opinion, even in the 1970s. What you are remembering (or were just told about) was a fabrication of the media: the idea that an ice age was imminent.

    Your gross mischaracterization of the argument displays a profound ignorance of the actual debate.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Only the right-wingers are bickering over the notion. Nobody has ever argued that the sun has no effect on climate. Global cooling was never a majority opinion, even in the 1970s. What you are remembering (or were just told about) was a fabrication of the media: the idea that an ice age was imminent.

    Your gross mischaracterization of the argument displays a profound ignorance of the actual debate.
    Don't let the fact that books were published on "global cooling" not to mention "studies."

    I don't concoct these ideas..... Denying the notion that the idea was popular 30-40 years ago does nothing but get me warned by mods for saying "bad things" in a blunt fashion aka the truth.

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    As far as irony is concerned, yes. Otherwise they mostly keep on taking.
    Irony?

    I bet progressives are the biggest consumers in the US, well and those they support.

    Progressives are generally hypocrites....

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Only the right-wingers are bickering over the notion. Nobody has ever argued that the sun has no effect on climate. Global cooling was never a majority opinion, even in the 1970s. What you are remembering (or were just told about) was a fabrication of the media: the idea that an ice age was imminent.

    Your gross mischaracterization of the argument displays a profound ignorance of the actual debate.
    Perhaps the question is why there is a debate.

    The doom and gloomers have been around forever and yet, paradoxically, things continue to get better. So far.

    The best known doom and gloom hoaxer in modern times, the one who started it all, was probably Paul Ehrlich. Al Gore only picked up where he left off, though coming up with his own version of the same scam. Ehrlich is still around, btw.

    Paul Ehrlich still prophesying doom, and still wrong – Telegraph Blogs

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Perhaps the question is why there is a debate.

    The doom and gloomers have been around forever and yet, paradoxically, things continue to get better. So far.

    The best known doom and gloom hoaxer in modern times, the one who started it all, was probably Paul Ehrlich. Al Gore only picked up where he left off, though coming up with his own version of the same scam. Ehrlich is still around, btw.

    Paul Ehrlich still prophesying doom, and still wrong – Telegraph Blogs
    These people aren't concerned about earth - they're concerned about themselves. If earth dies they die and they're terrified of their mortality. They don't have empathy for anyone but themselves - in short the media is telling them if they don't buy a green bag and recycle they will die.... It's typical scare tactics - propaganda. Hitler said the same crap, yet some call me a "Hitler" for giving them the business (or having an opinion) on their screwed up fears.

    Those that are afraid are always accusing others of being afraid...

    It's amazing how full of fear progressives are........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •