Page 20 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I really hate to burst your bubble, but Svensmark really hasn't proven anything. Deniers have been flocking to cosmic rays for years as a last best hope to support their anti-global-warming religion, but there's really no there there. RealClimate: A review of cosmic rays and climate: a cluttered story of little success


    "Global warming" and "Anthropogenic Global Warming" are as different from one another as are death and murder. To use the two terms interchangeably is confusing, disingenuous and bordering on deception.

    The Scientists of CERN are the ones who proposed the link between Cosmic Rays and Climate Change. They said that the correlation exists in the climate record AND, unlike the notion of AGW, the effect can be demonstrated and duplicated in the lab. Is it now your contention that there are scientists who are more sciencie than others?

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Now all he needs to establish is that cosmic rays have an effect, overcoming the solar magnetic field's protection. Once that's established, then he has only to establish that cosmic rays can seed low-level clouds and then that low-level clouds cause a long-term negative trend in climatic terms. Stand all those bottles in a row, and his research might have something to commend it.


    So, to re-cap, if a scientist says something that supports AGW he is a scientist, but if he proposes an alternate idea, even an idea for which there is equal or greater substantiation, he is something less?

    Religious fanatics such as yourself must be very careful to dismiss the alternatives so the sacrifice of the virgins can go on.

    Burn any witches today?

    http://www.nature.com/news/2011/1108....2011.504.html

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Mmm, I think I'll stand by virtually EVERY scientific organization in the world in recognizing man-made global warming.



    Care to present the explanation from any of these organizations on why the rate and amount of warming from 1600 to 1800 was about the same as the warming from 1800 to 2000?

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Debate the controversy hasn't worked for creationists, it won't work for the denialist cultists either. It's not an alternative for the obvious reasons I proposed, and dredging up the fake Gore strawman alongside thug enforcers is paranoiac claptrap of the shallowest order.

    You are holding the CERN scientists proposal to a far higher standard of proof than that you demand of the AGW notion.

  5. #195
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    You are holding the CERN scientists proposal to a far higher standard of proof than that you demand of the AGW notion.
    You're wandering into incoherence again.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    So, to re-cap, if a scientist says something that supports AGW he is a scientist, but if he proposes an alternate idea, even an idea for which there is equal or greater substantiation, he is something less?

    Religious fanatics such as yourself must be very careful to dismiss the alternatives so the sacrifice of the virgins can go on.

    Burn any witches today?

    Cloud formation may be linked to cosmic rays : Nature News
    Our present "scientific community" is a joke. They'll champion/conclude/find any idea the government wants because it's the government that is generally granting them money. I suppose the better part is that if you break away from consensus you're blackballed - reason being is because other "scientists" don't want their funding cut.

    I guess that isn't even the best part. No - the best part is the fact that these so called scientists use a lot of their taxpayer funding to do their own personal experiments.

    It's funny and ironic how a scientist can just be duped or manipulated considering they're allegedly "scientists".... You'd figure a scientist would have no desire to promote an agenda - yet they do. I also think many so called "scientists" are more than happy to perpetuate a lie because they hate people....Rats to them are valued life and humans are the real pests in their mind. Obviously I cannot speak for the entire scientific community, however my emphasis is on these AGW nuts.

    All they do is promote the idea that if you don't buy 20 dollar shopping bags and live like the Amish we will all drown due to rising sea levels and it's not the suns fault - it's ours.....

    Oh yeah I remember like 15 years ago these nuts would say we would all be drowned dead and NYC would be under water by 2010... Really??? of course these are the same clowns that said "snowball earth" was coming by 1995 back in the 70's.

    Truth is these AGW clowns have absolutely ZERO credibility to be making predictions....

  7. #197
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    All they do is promote the idea that if you don't buy 20 dollar shopping bags and live like the Amish we will all drown due to rising sea levels and it's not the suns fault - it's ours.....
    I've never seen them go for more than 2.00 most of the time. They're like $1.50 at Target.

    And seriously, reducing trash pollution is part of a grand leftist plot to take over the world?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I've never seen them go for more than 2.00 most of the time. They're like $1.50 at Target.

    And seriously, reducing trash pollution is part of a grand leftist plot to take over the world?
    It's not reducing trash pollution it's telling people how to live their lives.... Once people are used to that then you have an obedient society... That's the intent - an obedient society that jumps when they're told to jump.

    AGW is nothing more that a prerequisite to that - a conditioning process. A little OT but applies to my idea - but Obamacare is another part of that process... We're all a bunch of dogs in a kennel to the majority of the powers that be.

    The worst part is that 95% of individuals er collectivists actually buy the whole "save mother earth nonsense." Of course that is only because they accept anything they're told just as long as the person teaching looks like they know what the **** they're talking about (official looking) that, and because they don't ask questions and just blindly trust.

    See what happens when you ask questions.... Yeah you get shunned and passed off real fast because you **** the flow up, er disturb the consensus ...

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I've never seen them go for more than 2.00 most of the time. They're like $1.50 at Target.

    And seriously, reducing trash pollution is part of a grand leftist plot to take over the world?
    Oh yeah and the bags?

    Who the hell would pay for a 2.00 bag? Oh yeah the insecure trendy folk who need to show everyone else how environmentally friendly they are...

    That is the problem here - everyone wants to show off how PC they are...

    Who the **** pays 2 dollars for a plastic recycled bag? - oh yeah people who want to walk around with it attempting to show anyone and everyone how great they are because they bought a plastic bag for 2 bucks and how it must help the planet somehow. Yeah they know nothing about climate but they sure in the hell know plenty about being conceited and creating an image.

  10. #200
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    "Global warming" and "Anthropogenic Global Warming" are as different from one another as are death and murder. To use the two terms interchangeably is confusing, disingenuous and bordering on deception.

    The Scientists of CERN are the ones who proposed the link between Cosmic Rays and Climate Change. They said that the correlation exists in the climate record AND, unlike the notion of AGW, the effect can be demonstrated and duplicated in the lab. Is it now your contention that there are scientists who are more sciencie than others?
    Excellent post. Well done.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •