Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1311
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I disagree. I think most people, right or left acknowledge climate change, but are highly skeptical of what those who have politicized the issue, or those claiming they have the irrefutable truth as they scheme to get rich off of it, and rightly so.

    But the fact is things are being developed by private industry that work, and I have no problem with. When arrogance, and insult are the main argument, I think you have to check yourself.
    It is odd to me tat you so clearly see, in your mind, that scientist must be getting rich by claiming man contributes to GW, but cannot see way to question those paid by groups who's bottom line depends on it not being true as being possibly inaccurate. Not only that, you can't see how that might point to your bias.

    There are too many, an overwhelming majority, for it to be the type of thing you suggest. The fringe element that you so reverently accept is much more likely to be influenced by money. Odd you can't see that.

    Also, arrogance nor ignorance has not been the main argument in any way. Your either over sensitivity or inability to grasp the what is really being argued is more the problem. I personally think it is over sensitivity. Looking so hard to be insulted, so hard to see some one "ordering" you that you don't really engage what us being said.

    Today, people still choose to smoke for example. All evidence clearly makes that a poor choice, but some see pointing hat as being insulting. It isn't. Some people do drugs or drink and drive, and there is plenty if evidence to show the hazards of both. Pointing the arrogance of ignoring the evidence is justified. Thinking that you or me as untrained people who cannot know everything are more informed, more knowledgable, and less, corrupt than the overwhelming bulk of scientist is true arrogance. If you or I can't see that we are ignorant, we can't know as much, we lack the education or training to know, makes us both arrogant and more than just ignorant.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1312
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    All you show here is that you don't know enough. Your massive conspiracy is beyond any reasonableness person believing.


    There is no conspiracy. That is a straw man that the Diehards like to joust with when confronted by the data that any reasonable person accepts to proving that there is no compelling reason for concern on this swindle.

    People like Michael Griffin, the head of NASA:

    NASA Chief Questions Urgency of Global Warming : NPR

    <snip>
    "... I don't think it's within the power of human beings to assure that the climate does not change, as millions of years of history have shown. ..."
    <snip>
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  3. #1313
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    By 'relevant' you mean guys in the earlier part of the century predicting today's record heat?

    The models were right on.


    I'm not sure you know what that phrase means.

    Attachment 67153524
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  4. #1314
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    There is no conspiracy. That is a straw man that the Diehards like to joust with when confronted by the data that any reasonable person accepts to proving that there is no compelling reason for concern on this swindle.

    People like Michael Griffin, the head of NASA:

    NASA Chief Questions Urgency of Global Warming : NPR

    <snip>
    "... I don't think it's within the power of human beings to assure that the climate does not change, as millions of years of history have shown. ..."
    <snip>
    As I showed you before, from your source:

    Climate scientists agree that humans are causing climate change, and they have agreed on this for some time.

    Climate Change: Blog

    You're cherry picking to the extreme.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1315
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which GW theory fits. There is little debate on it outside of political hacks.


    You're like Monte Python's Black Knight by the bridge claiming he's not injured.

    Monty Python-The Black Knight - YouTube
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  6. #1316
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    You're like Monte Python's Black Knight by the bridge claiming he's not injured.

    Monty Python-The Black Knight - YouTube
    Do you have a special kind of dyslexia like syndrome? The reverse is more true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1317
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As I showed you before, from your source:

    Climate scientists agree that humans are causing climate change, and they have agreed on this for some time.

    Climate Change: Blog

    You're cherry picking to the extreme.


    From you link:

    "Drawing from 11,944 climate science abstracts from scientific journals between 1991 and 2011, the team found 66.4 percent of the abstracts expressed no opinion, 32.6 percent explicitly endorsed AGW, 0.7 percent rejected it and 0.3 percent expressed uncertainty on the cause of global warming. Then the authors invited a subset of these papers’ authors to place their own papers into the same categories that Cook and his collaborators had used. These authors overwhelmingly endorsed the statement that most of the past century’s warming was caused by human greenhouse gas emissions."

    So 66% agree that there is no consensus.

    Now THAT'S a consensus.

    When you need to lie about having an overwhelming consensus and the existence of an overwhelming consensus is your only proof, that calls to question the quality of your proof, don't you think?

    No. Seriously. Don't you think?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  8. #1318
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,573

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    From you link:

    "Drawing from 11,944 climate science abstracts from scientific journals between 1991 and 2011, the team found 66.4 percent of the abstracts expressed no opinion, 32.6 percent explicitly endorsed AGW, 0.7 percent rejected it and 0.3 percent expressed uncertainty on the cause of global warming. Then the authors invited a subset of these papers’ authors to place their own papers into the same categories that Cook and his collaborators had used. These authors overwhelmingly endorsed the statement that most of the past century’s warming was caused by human greenhouse gas emissions."

    So 66% agree that there is no consensus.

    Now THAT'S a consensus.

    When you need to lie about having an overwhelming consensus and the existence of an overwhelming consensus is your only proof, that calls to question the quality of your proof, don't you think?

    No. Seriously. Don't you think?
    Uh, no. 66% didn't bother to comment in their papers because they weren't discussing causes. It's like papers in physics discussing gravity...you can't pretend there is no consensus on gravity because cause want addressed.

    But when cause IS addressed, the imbalance is 36:1. That's pretty definitive for those of us based in reality.

    Would you rather us state the conclusion the other way? Only 0.3% of papers on climate dispute AGW. That's just as accurate...
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #1319
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    From you link:

    "Drawing from 11,944 climate science abstracts from scientific journals between 1991 and 2011, the team found 66.4 percent of the abstracts expressed no opinion, 32.6 percent explicitly endorsed AGW, 0.7 percent rejected it and 0.3 percent expressed uncertainty on the cause of global warming. Then the authors invited a subset of these papers’ authors to place their own papers into the same categories that Cook and his collaborators had used. These authors overwhelmingly endorsed the statement that most of the past century’s warming was caused by human greenhouse gas emissions."

    So 66% agree that there is no consensus.

    Now THAT'S a consensus.

    When you need to lie about having an overwhelming consensus and the existence of an overwhelming consensus is your only proof, that calls to question the quality of your proof, don't you think?

    No. Seriously. Don't you think?
    Yep, and not significant nor meaningful.

    And yes, there is a consensus. An overwhelming consensus. That was just from the journal articles. Not every article would go to cause. Again, your misreading and lack of understanding hinders you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1320
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Do you have a special kind of dyslexia like syndrome? The reverse is more true.


    You have yet to explain why the warming effect of CO2 has stopped.

    You have yet to explain why no scientific organization on the planet has accepted this to be a theory.

    You have yet to link to the test that can falsify this notion which is the key characteristic of a Scientific Hypothesis.

    You have yet to explain why the warming trend that we currently enjoy started 150 years before the cause you cite came into being.

    All you have is a strong belief. You have no proof at all and an infinite amount of faith. You might as well be tossing virgins into a volcano.

    If you do have proof, however, feel free to present it.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •