Page 129 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1281
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    You have done this.

    However, when asked to provide the Scientific organization that has classed this notion as a scientific theory, you claim that you have done this also. You have not.

    You are free to do so now.
    I think that Joe believes that a group of like minded scientists all getting together, and agreeing on their own opinions as to what is happening concerning climate is automatically theory....It saddens me, I thought Joe was a whole lot smarter than that, being an educator and all...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1282
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,528

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    They use peer reviewed papers and grey material, then pal review their report.
    In other words. You dont accept peer review.

    Why would you, when it doesn't support your pre-decided position?

    It's good enough for every other scientific discipline for the last century.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  3. #1283
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,528

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think that Joe believes that a group of like minded scientists all getting together, and agreeing on their own opinions as to what is happening concerning climate is automatically theory....It saddens me, I thought Joe was a whole lot smarter than that, being an educator and all...
    Can you explain what you think constitutes a official theory? (Or do I need to type Theory?)
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #1284
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    P
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why do academics have to make things so complicated? IOW, why does it take an average of three times asking a question in order for you to answer the original question?

    Look Joe, it really is a simple question....You are a proponent of AGW, and I am asking

    1. What do you think should be done about it today

    and

    2. What are the consequences to average people in terms of their standard of living, of your solutions, or actions taken today?

    Now, can you just answer?
    I'm not a policy maker. We should heed the best evidence available. We should lower our impact as much as possible. We should pursue alternatives. Which ones should be burden e based.

    Consequences? What are the consequences if we don't? But seriously, very little. Work force moves from one industry to another. Over all a push, just as regulations have been - loss in one area and gain in another.


    J, I find it funny you call me an academic and old guy and swaggerlogin say I'm not. But here's the thing. We've been larger giving way to business for a long time now and seen the standard of living decrease. Automation, outsourcing, and anti-working person sentiment has led us to lower standards of living. A very religious conservatives here calls t he Mexicanizing of America. I believe you focus your energies in the wrong areas.

    The consequences of addressing our contributions to GW are minor. But, if the science holds, better than not. If the science doesn't hold, were not worse off by caring for our environment. It's really a fools game to fight for amounts to pollution.

    I must repeat, you continue to get answers to what you ask.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1285
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs
    In other words. You dont accept peer review.
    Your bias in believing such things about matters is why you will never learn. You assign reasoning to me and others which is so wrong. What other thoughts of yours are wrong?


    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs
    Why would you, when it doesn't support your pre-decided position?
    Again, I understand what they are saying and can read between the lines. their deceit is largely by facts of omission. They only portray the parts that support their aganda.


    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs
    It's good enough for every other scientific discipline for the last century.
    Maybe in your field, but look at all the medical lawsuits all the time.

  6. #1286
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Can you explain what you think constitutes a official theory? (Or do I need to type Theory?)
    Here's somethiong better.

    How can it be a theory when models prove to be unreliable in outcome?

  7. #1287
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,528

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Here's somethiong better.

    How can it be a theory when models prove to be unreliable in outcome?
    Hmm. Models have predicted warming. Models have predicted warming especially in the arctic.

    That has happened. Models look right on.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #1288
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Hmm. Models have predicted warming. Models have predicted warming especially in the arctic.

    That has happened. Models look right on.
    Once again, you fail to understand anything relevant, and follow the agenda leaders.

  9. #1289
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,528

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Once again, you fail to understand anything relevant, and follow the agenda leaders.
    By 'relevant' you mean guys in the earlier part of the century predicting today's record heat?

    The models were right on.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #1290
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,312

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    By 'relevant' you mean guys in the earlier part of the century predicting today's record heat?

    The models were right on.
    If the guys in the earlier part of the century predicted a rise in average Temperature,
    their models were wrong.
    We were rising before about 2000, but since then, things have been almost flat.
    http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/servic...201-201212.png
    Last edited by longview; 09-11-13 at 08:46 AM. Reason: adding greph

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •