Page 128 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1271
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That would likely be a poor a reading on your part. But the point is, science will lead the way and just that you don't want it to be true.

    As for what can be done, we could do nothing. We could lower our contribution. And all to lesser or greater degrees. But that is up to us. Regardless of what we decide to do or not do, the science is the science is still the science. That's the point.

    Now it's fair to ask, do we act on BEST evidence or on our political position?
    This is a typical non answer...Can you even stick to what is written?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1272
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Actually, it is peer reviewed.

    But thanks for playing.
    They use peer reviewed papers and grey material, then pal review their report.

  3. #1273
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This is a typical non answer...Can you even stick to what is written?
    J, I'm not sure you know what an answer is. Its a straightforward answer. I suspect you get in your head what you want to hear and assume anything that doesn't fit it isn't an answer. I'm often left wondering what the hell the problem is. Read it again and try to see the answer. Ask a follow up question if it's still unclear. But stop being silly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1274
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, I'm not sure you know what an answer is. Its a straightforward answer. I suspect you get in your head what you want to hear and assume anything that doesn't fit it isn't an answer. I'm often left wondering what the hell the problem is. Read it again and try to see the answer. Ask a follow up question if it's still unclear. But stop being silly.
    Either answer the questions I posed, or stop wasting my time with your childish crap....

    Here, I'll repost the questions so you can read them slowly and maybe answer them.

    ...."what do you think will be done about it in the next 5, 10, 15 years respectively, and how will this effect the average persons life in terms of quality, cost, choice?"
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1275
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Either answer the questions I posed, or stop wasting my time with your childish crap....

    Here, I'll repost the questions so you can read them slowly and maybe answer them.

    ...."what do you think will be done about it in the next 5, 10, 15 years respectively, and how will this effect the average persons life in terms of quality, cost, choice?"
    I did answer that.

    1) It has nothing to do with the science.

    2) we can do nothing.

    3) we can lessen out contribution.

    And we can decide based on best evidence or political beliefs.

    It's not really a 5, 10, or 15 year problem. It's long term, hundreds of years. No serious person expects any turn on a dime type approach, but just a commitment to plan based on BEST evidence.

    So there is a clear answer there. Likely not the one you want. I suggest you stop anticipating what you want to here, and address the answer you get. Novel approach, granted, but give it a shot.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1276
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I did answer that.

    1) It has nothing to do with the science.

    2) we can do nothing.

    3) we can lessen out contribution.

    And we can decide based on best evidence or political beliefs.

    It's not really a 5, 10, or 15 year problem. It's long term, hundreds of years. No serious person expects any turn on a dime type approach, but just a commitment to plan based on BEST evidence.

    So there is a clear answer there. Likely not the one you want. I suggest you stop anticipating what you want to here, and address the answer you get. Novel approach, granted, but give it a shot.
    The question I asked is absolutely proper in terms that most people look at what is being done in AGW through regulation, law, and taxes as a short term problem, or an immediate problem if you will...The EPA goes wild, taxes rising, dumb expenditures on things like Solyndra....All of these things effect our lives today, not a hundred years in the future.....So, the question stands....

    The answer I am getting from you is that you want to ignore those immediate things for the larger argument, however, the things being done now effect us now....it is up to future generations how they handle the stupid propositions of their time.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1277
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The question I asked is absolutely proper in terms that most people look at what is being done in AGW through regulation, law, and taxes as a short term problem, or an immediate problem if you will...The EPA goes wild, taxes rising, dumb expenditures on things like Solyndra....All of these things effect our lives today, not a hundred years in the future.....So, the question stands....

    The answer I am getting from you is that you want to ignore those immediate things for the larger argument, however, the things being done now effect us now....it is up to future generations how they handle the stupid propositions of their time.
    Because those things need to be talked about individually. Most of which is overblown.

    You asked a general question which means a general answer. Solyanda didn't turn out well, but what would have been the response if it had? And it could have.

    And the EPA response to issues brought to it by people, people BTW who don't beleive they've gone wild. Understand that how we present they're actions largely depends on our own views, not reality. Notice I said we and not you. It's human nature to assume our own view is just the gospel. We ignore how things happen, what led to them, and anything that doesn't fit our personal biases.

    So, no one wants to ignore anything. But to get specific answers, you need to ask specific questions. There are no mind readers here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1278
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Because those things need to be talked about individually. Most of which is overblown.

    You asked a general question which means a general answer. Solyanda didn't turn out well, but what would have been the response if it had? And it could have.

    And the EPA response to issues brought to it by people, people BTW who don't beleive they've gone wild. Understand that how we present they're actions largely depends on our own views, not reality. Notice I said we and not you. It's human nature to assume our own view is just the gospel. We ignore how things happen, what led to them, and anything that doesn't fit our personal biases.

    So, no one wants to ignore anything. But to get specific answers, you need to ask specific questions. There are no mind readers here.
    Why do academics have to make things so complicated? IOW, why does it take an average of three times asking a question in order for you to answer the original question?

    Look Joe, it really is a simple question....You are a proponent of AGW, and I am asking

    1. What do you think should be done about it today

    and

    2. What are the consequences to average people in terms of their standard of living, of your solutions, or actions taken today?

    Now, can you just answer?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1279
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Really? You guys think peer reviewed papers don't cite AGW as a theory?

    Try IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change There's one real long one referencing hundreds of others that say its a theory.

    You're all embarrassing yourselves.


    You'll need to cut and paste the nugget you claim is there. A cursory glance did not reveal the words "scientific theory".

    I suppose you are asking us to believe that this skipped from being an unfounded notion straight to being a theory, but let's go ahead and play your silly game.

    What is the test they have proposed to falsify the hypothesis before this was made into a theory?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  10. #1280
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That is so inaccurate that I can only assume you haven't read anything posted. I've given peer reviewed journals and a list of scientific (not political) organizations that accept that man plays a role in GW.

    You continued to be factually challenged.


    You have done this.

    However, when asked to provide the Scientific organization that has classed this notion as a scientific theory, you claim that you have done this also. You have not.

    You are free to do so now.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •