Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Still factually challenged:

    Matalin said, "for the last decade the climate has been cooling." That suggests there has been a distinct reversal of the steady warming that scientists have documented for many years. But a review of the data shows that's not the case. The numbers show that in the past 10 years, global temperatures have not continued their sharp increase. But they have not cooled either. In fact, some years in the last decade have been hotter than the previous years. At most, they could be described as hitting a plateau. But they haven't cooled as Matalin said. We find her claim False.

    PolitiFact | Matalin claims the Earth is cooling



    Politifact?

    Is Politicfact suddenly a peer reviewed journal? I thought you were the one who repeatedly said that this was a matter of science and not one of politics.

    Why not check the data collection agencies of the world to find the actual answer?

    Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  2. #1242
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    How come you think climatologists are right about SO2 emissions and particulates ( I assume that's what you are referring to here), but wrong about CO2 (which has been studied even more extensively)?

    Oh, right. Because one set of findings doesn't fit your preformed set of conclusions. Librul plots with some scientists. And freedom.


    Actually, what i'm referring to is the ineffectual attacks on the coal industry and industries that use coal as fuel.

    Fears that new EPA regulations could kill coal industry | Fox News Video

    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...e-against-coal
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  3. #1243
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No where have I spoke to politics. And a consensus isn't a popular vote. You fail to realize this.


    If this is actually based on science and consensus is not a popular vote, then, by all means, present the link to the scientific organization that has elevated this notion to the level of being a scientific theory.

    Lacking, post the link to the scientific organization that has defined the test by which this notion can be falsified.

    Lacking both of these, as you will be lacking, post the link to any scientist who has done either of these things.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  4. #1244
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    If this is actually based on science and consensus is not a popular vote, then, by all means, present the link to the scientific organization that has elevated this notion to the level of being a scientific theory.

    Lacking, post the link to the scientific organization that has defined the test by which this notion can be falsified.

    Lacking both of these, as you will be lacking, post the link to any scientist who has done either of these things.
    One of the reasons you're not worth responding to is that you ask for what you already have.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1245
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Actually, what i'm referring to is the ineffectual attacks on the coal industry and industries that use coal as fuel.

    Fears that new EPA regulations could kill coal industry | Fox News Video

    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...e-against-coal
    Yep. They are taking away our freedoms!

    Of course, its the freedom do die early from respiratory disease, but !freedom!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  6. #1246
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    One of the reasons you're not worth responding to is that you ask for what you already have.


    What I have is the lead pipe assurance that you cannot provide these things.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  7. #1247
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    What I have is the lead pipe assurance that you cannot provide these things.
    Again, provided. Again, and again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1248
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yep. They are taking away our freedoms!

    Of course, its the freedom do die early from respiratory disease, but !freedom!


    You said that you assumed something.

    What you assumed was incorrect. That you assumed something without foundation is not new. That what you assumed is wrong is not new.

    I set you straight and you seem annoyed that the real world once again intrudes into your imaginary world.

    Now you try to say that I am saying something that I am not saying and that the links did not say.

    It must be an interesting world to live in where facts and reality are seldom acknowledged.

    Both the air and the water of the USA are cleaner today than they have been since WW2.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  9. #1249
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, provided. Again, and again.


    Why do you think that you have provided this? You have not. Do you think that lying about this makes the lack of evidence any less glaring. You have no basis for anything you have said about science.

    When you say that all you have said is that there is a consensus and the consensus is what you base your faith on, that is acceptable. Empty, but acceptable.

    When you say the science supports this, you need to provide the link to the science that you claim supports your assertion. In short, you need to put up or shut up.

    You do neither.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  10. #1250
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Why do you think that you have provided this? You have not. Do you think that lying about this makes the lack of evidence any less glaring. You have no basis for anything you have said about science.

    When you say that all you have said is that there is a consensus and the consensus is what you base your faith on, that is acceptable. Empty, but acceptable.

    When you say the science supports this, you need to provide the link to the science that you claim supports your assertion. In short, you need to put up or shut up.

    You do neither.
    Jr, your either one lying, or you can't read for comprehension. I don't know which, but

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •