Page 122 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1211
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Cows "occur naturally" only where man, who essentially created them, puts them.

    EARTHLY HAPPENINGS: Where Do Modern Cows Come From?

    The Straight Dope: What did cows evolve from?
    Do you really think a cow is equal to a car? Really?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1212
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,565

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Do you really think a cow is equal to a car? Really?
    In terms of producing greenhouse gases and both having been created largely to serve man yes. But that is simply looking at those two items in isolation, factor in the massive land clearing for pasture conversion, the erosion and many other less than ideal related ecological/agricultural practices and cars may be seen as a big winner, environmentally. Do you have to feed your car even if you don't drive it that day? Can you save beef by burger pooling? We have reduced vehicle emissions significantly while cow emissions are on the rise. Brazil is not being deforested in order to make cars.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #1213
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    In terms of producing greenhouse gases and both having been created largely to serve man yes. But that is simply looking at those two items in isolation, factor in the massive land clearing for pasture conversion, the erosion and many other less than ideal related ecological/agricultural practices and cars may be seen as a big winner, environmentally. Do you have to feed your car even if you don't drive it that day? Can you save beef by burger pooling? We have reduced vehicle emissions significantly while cow emissions are on the rise. Brazil is not being deforested in order to make cars.

    I do believe people are trying to lesson deforestation in Brazil.

    So, it's not like anyone is arguing hate cars and love deforestation. Cows weren't invented yesterday, and they live. Cars don't. It's not a good comparison.

    It's also a distraction. No matter what we do r don't do, the science is still the science.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1214
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,565

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do believe people are trying to lesson deforestation in Brazil.

    So, it's not like anyone is arguing hate cars and love deforestation. Cows weren't invented yesterday, and they live. Cars don't. It's not a good comparison.

    It's also a distraction. No matter what we do r don't do, the science is still the science.
    No, the science was shown to you: cows contribute as much or more than cars do to greenhouse gasses. What you refuse to acknowedge is that the agenda is the agenda when it comes to AGW: IC cars are bad but IC cows are OK.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #1215
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    No, the science was shown to you: cows contribute as much or more than cars do to greenhouse gasses. What you refuse to acknowedge is that the agenda is the agenda when it comes to AGW: IC cars are bad but IC cows are OK.
    Your logic is not sound.

    Conservatives have an agenda: keep oil and business going regardless of cost.

    Liberals have an agenda: protect the environment.

    Science is science.

    As noted, no one is for deforestation. Cows live.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1216
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your logic is not sound.

    Conservatives have an agenda: keep oil and business going regardless of cost.

    Liberals have an agenda: protect the environment.

    Science is science.

    As noted, no one is for deforestation. Cows live.
    I think you need to reword your caricaturization of the two different agendas.

    Conservatives keep America working and create jobs.

    Liberals want to protect the environment regardless of the cost to the American people and their jobs.

    That is exactly what Obama is doing with his liberal environmental policies, the hell with the jobs, just stop that coal from burning.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #1217
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    I think you need to reword your caricaturization of the two different agendas.

    Conservatives keep America working and create jobs.

    Liberals want to protect the environment regardless of the cost to the American people and their jobs.

    That is exactly what Obama is doing with his liberal environmental policies, the hell with the jobs, just stop that coal from burning.
    Point is, the science isn't either one of them.

    And Obama has nothing to do with this discussion.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1218
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Point is, the science isn't either one of them.
    That is where your wrong, Liberals use science as a way to push their agenda even though its bogus science. Al Boor made a fortune pushing his bogus science.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  9. #1219
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your logic is not sound.

    Conservatives have an agenda: keep oil and business going regardless of cost.

    Liberals have an agenda: protect the environment.

    Science is science.

    As noted, no one is for deforestation. Cows live.


    You say the science is the science.

    You say you don't understand the science. This seems to undermine any authority we should assign to your previous statement.

    You say you believe what you are told because people have told you to believe what you are told on topics that you don't understand. Are there other things you accept as a matter of faith?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  10. #1220
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    That is where your wrong, Liberals use science as a way to push their agenda even though its bogus science. Al Boor made a fortune pushing his bogus science.
    You should listen to what you just said. I certainly hope someone listens to science and uses it to guide decision. It's better than using any number of other self interest reasons.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •