Page 119 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1181
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I was speaking of, AHEM....YOU! YOU are the 'cultist' Joe....Maybe worse than a cultist....Have you found one peer reviewed article that speaks of AGW as 'scientific theory' yet?
    Many, all linked. As one poster noted, you and he are playing a silly game. When scientist and organizations say they accept that that man plays a role in GW, they are doing what you ask for. But, sadly, you show your ignorance when you don't recognize this.

    Anyway, it's not about us. It's about the science. And scientists who study this, and organizations of scientist who review this, nearly all support man contributing to GW.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1182
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Many, all linked. As one poster noted, you and he are playing a silly game. When scientist and organizations say they accept that that man plays a role in GW, they are doing what you ask for. But, sadly, you show your ignorance when you don't recognize this.

    Anyway, it's not about us. It's about the science. And scientists who study this, and organizations of scientist who review this, nearly all support man contributing to GW.
    Then it's simple...Just now, right now, pull just one of those links you say that you have provided, and show the relevant clip of a peer reviewed article where a scientist names AGW as scientific theory, along with the link to the article.

    Short of that Joe, for you to say that have done so, and use the terminology that 'many' have said so is just a plain flat out lie.

    So here's your chance to save your credibility on the matter, I hope you'll drop the silly game you're playing and just post it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1183
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then it's simple...Just now, right now, pull just one of those links you say that you have provided, and show the relevant clip of a peer reviewed article where a scientist names AGW as scientific theory, along with the link to the article.

    Short of that Joe, for you to say that have done so, and use the terminology that 'many' have said so is just a plain flat out lie.

    So here's your chance to save your credibility on the matter, I hope you'll drop the silly game you're playing and just post it.
    When the4 scientist says man contributed to GW, he's saying the same thing. Like I said, it's a game you guys are playing. And you have a ton of those links. The lie, is pretending that your game is meaningful.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1184
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    When the4 scientist says man contributed to GW, he's saying the same thing. Like I said, it's a game you guys are playing. And you have a ton of those links.
    No, it isn't. Scientific theory has parameters that denote it as such. Your answer here is telling. If you think that some like minded pseudo intellectual spouting his opinion as fact qualifies it as theory, then that is the problem here...

    But I thank you for revealing that you can not point to a peer reviewed scientific article cementing it as scientific theory.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1185
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,546

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post

    But I thank you for revealing that you can not point to a peer reviewed scientific article cementing it as scientific theory.

    What is it with this bizarre line of reasoning?

    Its ignorance of science at its very basic level.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  6. #1186
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then it's simple...Just now, right now, pull just one of those links you say that you have provided, and show the relevant clip of a peer reviewed article where a scientist names AGW as scientific theory, along with the link to the article.

    Short of that Joe, for you to say that have done so, and use the terminology that 'many' have said so is just a plain flat out lie.

    So here's your chance to save your credibility on the matter, I hope you'll drop the silly game you're playing and just post it.
    Something I always tell you:

    Through content analysis of US prestige press—meaning the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, and the Wall Street Journal—this paper focuses on the norm of balanced reporting, and shows that the prestige press's adherence to balance actually leads to biased coverage of both anthropogenic contributions to global warming and resultant action.

    Balance as bias: global warming and the US prestige press

    In other words, giving equal treatment to misinformation is bias itself.

    More:

    Subjects had a poor appreciation of the facts that (1) if significant global warming occurs, it will be primarily the result of an increase in the concentration of carbon dioxide in the earth's atmosphere, and (2) the single most important source of additional carbon dioxide is the combustion of fossil fuels, most notably coal and oil. In addition, their understanding of the climate issue was encumbered with secondary, irrelevant, and incorrect beliefs. Of these, the two most critical are confusion with the problems of stratospheric ozone and difficulty in differentiating between causes and actions specific to climate and more general good environmental practice.

    What Do People Know About Global Climate Change? 2. Survey Studies of Educated Laypeople - Read - 2006 - Risk Analysis - Wiley Online Library

    47 Social Problems 2000 Challenging Global Warming as a Social Problem: An Analysis of the Conservative Movement's Counter-Claims

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1187
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it isn't. Scientific theory has parameters that denote it as such. Your answer here is telling. If you think that some like minded pseudo intellectual spouting his opinion as fact qualifies it as theory, then that is the problem here...

    But I thank you for revealing that you can not point to a peer reviewed scientific article cementing it as scientific theory.
    yes, it is. It acknowledges the theory. It isn't a football game or a potato. You'll do anything to avoid the truth of the issue. But I posted more for you anyway.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1188
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    [QUOTE=Boo Radley;1062282440]Something I always tell you:

    Through content analysis of US prestige press—meaning the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, and the Wall Street Journal—this paper focuses on the norm of balanced reporting, and shows that the prestige press's adherence to balance actually leads to biased coverage of both anthropogenic contributions to global warming and resultant action.

    Balance as bias: global warming and the US prestige press

    First paper, discussing the problem with understanding AGW, by blaming it on reporting in the US media is not a peer reviewed study showing AGW as a scientific theory.

    Two more papers saying that the general public is just too stupid to understand AGW, therefore we don't need them....I still see no paper declaring that AGW is a scientific theory.

    Care to keep trying?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1189
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Something I always tell you:

    Through content analysis of US prestige press—meaning the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, and the Wall Street Journal—this paper focuses on the norm of balanced reporting, and shows that the prestige press's adherence to balance actually leads to biased coverage of both anthropogenic contributions to global warming and resultant action.

    Balance as bias: global warming and the US prestige press

    In other words, giving equal treatment to misinformation is bias itself.

    More:

    Subjects had a poor appreciation of the facts that (1) if significant global warming occurs, it will be primarily the result of an increase in the concentration of carbon dioxide in the earth's atmosphere, and (2) the single most important source of additional carbon dioxide is the combustion of fossil fuels, most notably coal and oil. In addition, their understanding of the climate issue was encumbered with secondary, irrelevant, and incorrect beliefs. Of these, the two most critical are confusion with the problems of stratospheric ozone and difficulty in differentiating between causes and actions specific to climate and more general good environmental practice.

    What Do People Know About Global Climate Change? 2. Survey Studies of Educated Laypeople - Read - 2006 - Risk Analysis - Wiley Online Library

    47 Social Problems 2000 Challenging Global Warming as a Social Problem: An Analysis of the Conservative Movement's Counter-Claims
    I will accecpt your basic premise: CO2 (and other gases) affect the climate, man (and his habits) produce CO2 (and other gases).

    Explain this fact and why global warming alarmists still focus on transportation changes:


    Livestock are responsible for 18 per cent of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, more than cars, planes and all other forms of transport put together.
    Cow 'emissions' more damaging to planet than CO2 from cars - Climate Change - Environment - The Independent

    “Livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today’s most serious environmental problems,” senior UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) official Henning Steinfeld said. “Urgent action is required to remedy the situation.”

    Cattle-rearing is also a major source of land and water degradation, according to the FAO report, Livestock’s Long Shadow–Environmental Issues and Options, of which Mr. Steinfeld is the senior author.

    “The environmental costs per unit of livestock production must be cut by one half, just to avoid the level of damage worsening beyond its present level,” it warns.
    http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.as...72&CR1=warning

    HowStuffWorks "Do cows pollute as much as cars?"

    Cow Emissions Harm Planet Far More Than C02 From Cars
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #1190
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    yes, it is. It acknowledges the theory. It isn't a football game or a potato. You'll do anything to avoid the truth of the issue. But I posted more for you anyway.
    No, you posted more dancing around, trying to paint those who oppose AGW as some kind of kooks...That is not what was asked for, but you know that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •