Page 118 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1171
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The point is, scientists do science. Not me. Not you. Not political sites. Scientists. So, the best information is from the scientists. Not me. Not you. Not code or j or any novice on any political site. So the scientific consensus represents the science as it is the people who did the science, who reviewed the science, who fully understand the science. Not random novices just answering a poll.

    That's the difference.


    Science normally can justify its predictions with accurate results. AGW cannot.

    When a scientists proposes an if-then relationship in physical occurrences and the "then" does not occur after the "if" has occurred as specified, there is something wrong with the science.

    If the scientist cannot see this or refuses to accept what is actually happening, then there is something wrong with the scientist as well.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  2. #1172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Just wait. Code will only accept it if the organization uses the word 'theory', although if you find it, he will probably insist that it should be Capitalized.

    They think someone actually declares things 'Theory' officially, apparently.


    So far you haven't found the word in upper case, lower case or English.

    Feel free to continue the search, though.

    Words mean things. If it was a Theory or even a hypothesis, that would be different than it is. The way it is, it is a notion based on a fleeting idea that cannot be proven and cannot be demonstrated in the real world.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  3. #1173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Wow. 113 pages and the deniers are still pretending the science isn't there. If a massive private industry found it necessary to declare the sky green you can bet there would be 113 pages of right-wing "there is no proof the sky is blue, it is actually green".


    All one need do to prove the sky is blue is to look at it.

    All one need to do with AGW is prove the world will do what the AGW Diehards say it will. When the proposition is if-then and the "then" only happens once in a while, you have plenty of room for the missing proof.

    You are free to start filling in the blanks.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  4. #1174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, the argument has been clear. Regardless of your attempt here to slander, mock, and dismiss that argument only shows that instead of giving a rational argument, you know you have lost, you are resorting to droll tactics of leftist generally seen when they can not win the argument.


    The argument for UFO's is also clear. They are both very similar. Both Clear. Both unfounded. Both wrong.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  5. #1175
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Not really.

    At some point, mocking becomes a totally acceptable response when the opponents basic stance becomes outright ludicrous.

    Love the 'leftist' crack though. It's a scientific issue and somehow you guys come at it from a political viewpoint, although you pretend it's from a scientific one. But sometimes you let your real viewpoint slip out.


    Have you found that 39 year old temperature prediction based on AGW "Science" that is accurate?

    Here are 73 that are not.


    Attachment 67153160
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  6. #1176
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    And here's the shining example if the ludicrous argument.

    Thirty years and thousands of studies, and you somehow maintain that the 'data is fudged'. It's nonsensical. Paranoid. An impossible conspiracy. It's a fundamental misunderstanding of how science works. It's akin to Creationist arguments.

    It deserves mocking.



    What deserves mocking is a science that cannot produce any worthwhile results.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  7. #1177
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Science normally can justify its predictions with accurate results. AGW cannot.

    When a scientists proposes an if-then relationship in physical occurrences and the "then" does not occur after the "if" has occurred as specified, there is something wrong with the science.

    If the scientist cannot see this or refuses to accept what is actually happening, then there is something wrong with the scientist as well.
    So you say. You, the less than novice. You say.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1178
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So you say. You, the less than novice. You say.
    And the 'cultist' doesn't like the 'novice' proving him wrong....priceless!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1179
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And the 'cultist' doesn't like the 'novice' proving him wrong....priceless!
    I think he's both the cultist and the less than novice, but the thing is, he hasn't PROVEN anyone wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1180
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think he's both the cultist and the less than novice, but the thing is, he hasn't PROVEN anyone wrong.
    Well, I was speaking of, AHEM....YOU! YOU are the 'cultist' Joe....Maybe worse than a cultist....Have you found one peer reviewed article that speaks of AGW as 'scientific theory' yet?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •