Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1151
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,660

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    We've been over this...You are making assumptions you shouldn't, and clearly using false narratives....Your approach is dishonest, and dismissed.
    And you're approach is totally deserving of mockery.

    You are the Sarah Palin of climate, with the addition of an illusion of intellectual ability, which just makes you more mockable.

    I would actually argue the points, but I've done this here, and I find if I can prove A, the topic just gets shifted to B, and then C, and D, until eventually you guys keep insisting on proving A again. And your fallback is that the data is 'fudged',,, i.e. made up. If you cant trust the data, you cant trust the science. And if you cant trust the science, you cant pretend to use OTHER science to disprove the science with supposedly bad data. Its a totally ****ed up argument. And you either dont know that, or DO know it and dont care. Either way, its Palinesque.

  2. #1152
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,334

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    You have no argument so you're just evading now.
    I'm evading? What exactly? I gave you a thoughtful reply with multiple points that you could have responded to, instead I received back a boiler plate liberal attack on something I never said, much less implied. Why don't you focus on what is said to you rather than develop an argument on what you reconstruct in your own mind?

    I really have to wonder what kind of motivation a person like you has.
    Motivation? I have the motivation to see that the evidence presented me is unbiased, and free of political agenda if one is to call it science. What are your motivations?

    If you have to resort to tactics such as this... why not just come to terms with the fact that you're wrong?
    Wrong about what? That I don't agree with your opinion on the matter, and that makes me wrong? I hold an opinion differing from yours, in that I believe that the warming trends are present, however, I disagree as to the immediacy of the problem. Therefore, in its base theory we can find common ground, but, in what to do about it, and how that has been politicized, we have strong, if not diametrically opposed views. Instead of focusing on what we agree on, you, and others holding your same opinions take the path of vitriol, and personal attack, even to the point of saying simply 'you're wrong'....Given that path we will never agree, and until you decide that you want to actually discuss the issue, it is really a waste of time to even reply to such a base attack as you offer.

    Good day to you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1153
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,334

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    And you're approach is totally deserving of mockery.

    You are the Sarah Palin of climate, with the addition of an illusion of intellectual ability, which just makes you more mockable.

    I would actually argue the points, but I've done this here, and I find if I can prove A, the topic just gets shifted to B, and then C, and D, until eventually you guys keep insisting on proving A again. And your fallback is that the data is 'fudged',,, i.e. made up. If you cant trust the data, you cant trust the science. And if you cant trust the science, you cant pretend to use OTHER science to disprove the science with supposedly bad data. Its a totally ****ed up argument. And you either dont know that, or DO know it and dont care. Either way, its Palinesque.
    That is a silly position, and a fallacy....I accept your concession.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1154
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh my.... There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
    Well, that does apply to you. I won't argue that. But what I said was correct.

    What the hell does that even mean?
    Not sure what you don't understand. nonsensical means that you're not making any sense. The consensus is so large, that a few being discredited wouldn't have any effect at all. This is all pretty clear (though remember that you really haven't discredited any).


    Rational to what? Groupthink? Good grief Joe....If your so called consensus was so huge, and the opposition to what you want so badly to be true, so small, then tell me why isn't there everything you want to see as helpful to what you think would work, in place? Why are you having so much trouble putting in place your agenda?

    Because it's BS, and people see that.
    Groupthink doesn't mean you can't ever eventually reach a conclusion. It means that you haven't consider all options, usually applying to issues where there are multiple options, not math and science. You don't often ask your accountant for multiple opinions on whether your books balance. You merely find an expert in accounting.

    As for agenda, I have no agenda. None. I only note that the science is the science. Politicians have to make decisions. Your side has an agenda of making sure the decisions you don't like aren't considered. So, like tobacco companies did, the best tactic at stopping consideration is to cloud the issue. It's a common tactic. But they rely on people accepting the BS.

    The science, represented by an overwhelming majority of scientist and science organizations fall clearly on the side that made has contributed to global warming. Now, you can say we don't care, we will live with the consequences, and that's another argument. But it's factually untrue to say science hasn't reached a conclusion on this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1155
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    And no matter what I show you, if you choose not to trust my integrity, it doesn't matter. I've been down this road before with people. Any evidence I attempt to show you of my intelligence and knowledge, you will just accuse me to "googling" it.
    You have nothing that proves you to be what you say you are. And you're responses are no better than the other novices here. We can clearly link the organizations and scientists who say you're wrong. They overwhelmingly out number the outliners. This is just a fact.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1156
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,660

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You have nothing that proves you to be what you say you are. And you're responses are no better than the other novices here. We can clearly link the organizations and scientists who say you're wrong. They overwhelmingly out number the outliners. This is just a fact.

    But he PROVED AGW isnt real! Swear to god. I saw the w/m2 calculations. Simple arithmetic. The dudes a genius, and through some twist of fate, when into repairing machines instead of analyzing the data that actually comes out of them. But the cabal is going to prevent his proofs from getting published in scientific journals, because they are so earth shaking, they cant allow that information to get out (except on blogs).

  7. #1157
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,530

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'm evading? What exactly? I gave you a thoughtful reply with multiple points that you could have responded to, instead I received back a boiler plate liberal attack on something I never said, much less implied. Why don't you focus on what is said to you rather than develop an argument on what you reconstruct in your own mind?



    Motivation? I have the motivation to see that the evidence presented me is unbiased, and free of political agenda if one is to call it science. What are your motivations?



    Wrong about what? That I don't agree with your opinion on the matter, and that makes me wrong? I hold an opinion differing from yours, in that I believe that the warming trends are present, however, I disagree as to the immediacy of the problem. Therefore, in its base theory we can find common ground, but, in what to do about it, and how that has been politicized, we have strong, if not diametrically opposed views. Instead of focusing on what we agree on, you, and others holding your same opinions take the path of vitriol, and personal attack, even to the point of saying simply 'you're wrong'....Given that path we will never agree, and until you decide that you want to actually discuss the issue, it is really a waste of time to even reply to such a base attack as you offer.

    Good day to you.
    Oooh you make it sound so thoughtful and intelligent. How do you gussy up an argument of "the science isn't there" into this gem? You have to be paid to do this because you are too well spoken to just be an ignorant fool.

  8. #1158
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,334

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, that does apply to you. I won't argue that. But what I said was correct.



    Not sure what you don't understand. nonsensical means that you're not making any sense. The consensus is so large, that a few being discredited wouldn't have any effect at all. This is all pretty clear (though remember that you really haven't discredited any).




    Groupthink doesn't mean you can't ever eventually reach a conclusion. It means that you haven't consider all options, usually applying to issues where there are multiple options, not math and science. You don't often ask your accountant for multiple opinions on whether your books balance. You merely find an expert in accounting.

    As for agenda, I have no agenda. None. I only note that the science is the science. Politicians have to make decisions. Your side has an agenda of making sure the decisions you don't like aren't considered. So, like tobacco companies did, the best tactic at stopping consideration is to cloud the issue. It's a common tactic. But they rely on people accepting the BS.

    The science, represented by an overwhelming majority of scientist and science organizations fall clearly on the side that made has contributed to global warming. Now, you can say we don't care, we will live with the consequences, and that's another argument. But it's factually untrue to say science hasn't reached a conclusion on this.

    "We are far down the road leading to the politicization of every aspect of life. A partial list of examples would include language, science, health care, climate, food, cars, sports, education, the military, and sexual orientation. Why is this happening? Why does the left want to politicize everything?
    What it means to politicize something? Although not synonymous, politics and government are essentially two sides of the same coin. The dictionary defines “political” as “of or relating to government.” Liberals love government and want it to grow as much as possible. Politicizing something is an important element in expanding the reach and scope of government.
    The political environment is the favorite field of battle for the left. It is their home field, their arena of choice. Liberals are much more adept at the game of politics than are conservatives. Liberals love politics far more than conservatives do. Liberals want politics maximized, conservatives want politics minimized.
    Politicizing is what the left does. It’s who they are. The politicization process is essentially bringing the world into conformity with their vision of how the world ought to be and how people ought to behave. Politicization is essentially the application of conformity, intimidation, and force.
    Allowing government to take charge of something is an act of centralization. It is a process of transferring power and choice from individuals to politicians like Nancy Pelosi and Michael Bloomberg. It is a reduction in variety and an increase of uniformity and one-size-fits-all. What liberals really want is not equality and fairness, it is uniformity. Obamacare is about making sure everyone has the same health care rather than making sure they have better health care."

    The American Spectator : The Politicization Crusade
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1159
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "We are far down the road leading to the politicization of every aspect of life. A partial list of examples would include language, science, health care, climate, food, cars, sports, education, the military, and sexual orientation. Why is this happening? Why does the left want to politicize everything?
    What it means to politicize something? Although not synonymous, politics and government are essentially two sides of the same coin. The dictionary defines “political” as “of or relating to government.” Liberals love government and want it to grow as much as possible. Politicizing something is an important element in expanding the reach and scope of government.
    The political environment is the favorite field of battle for the left. It is their home field, their arena of choice. Liberals are much more adept at the game of politics than are conservatives. Liberals love politics far more than conservatives do. Liberals want politics maximized, conservatives want politics minimized.
    Politicizing is what the left does. It’s who they are. The politicization process is essentially bringing the world into conformity with their vision of how the world ought to be and how people ought to behave. Politicization is essentially the application of conformity, intimidation, and force.
    Allowing government to take charge of something is an act of centralization. It is a process of transferring power and choice from individuals to politicians like Nancy Pelosi and Michael Bloomberg. It is a reduction in variety and an increase of uniformity and one-size-fits-all. What liberals really want is not equality and fairness, it is uniformity. Obamacare is about making sure everyone has the same health care rather than making sure they have better health care."

    The American Spectator : The Politicization Crusade
    yes, yes, another us versus them article. I get it. You fear THEM. But these partisan hack job articles are the problem. They are not informative. They are almost always inaccurate. They serve no real purpose other than to help the faithful form at the mouth. Don't worry, there are similar articles on the left. But none of them are worth even reading for any reason other than comic value.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1160
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,334

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    yes, yes, another us versus them article. I get it. You fear THEM. But these partisan hack job articles are the problem. They are not informative. They are almost always inaccurate. They serve no real purpose other than to help the faithful form at the mouth. Don't worry, there are similar articles on the left. But none of them are worth even reading for any reason other than comic value.

    It's an opinion But it further highlights how closed minded you are to opposing viewpoints, and intolerant to those views when they don't agree 100% with your own dogma.....You just further validate my point.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •