Page 115 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I would say it doesn't matter. The consensus is so large, no one person, no ten, make it any less than what it is. What you have to combat is the totality of the work. It's overwhelming.

    And that's what hurts your side. You're too willing to accept any minor think and blow it up to more than it is. This suggests a huge emotional commitment to your belief. As we have not done the research ourselves, and frankly lack the ability to do so, the rational thing is to rely on best evidence. Seeking minority views to hang on to a belief system is not rational.
    there has been a natural oscillation of climate temperature since day 1. We had a few crack pot scientist about 50 years ago come up with this man made climate change hypothesis with out referring to earth climate history. the Democrats latched hold of it as another wedge issue between them and republicans. Now that they and many industries that contribute to democrats and scientist that get research money from government are so fully invested in the fail theory it is no turning back for them

  2. #1142
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I would say it doesn't matter.
    Oh really? I would say the arrogance of this statement to open your response is proof that you are not interested in debate of anything, rather mere capitulation to your belief system.

    The consensus is so large, no one person, no ten, make it any less than what it is. What you have to combat is the totality of the work. It's overwhelming.
    Oh man....This is great....!!! This statement alone is not based in scientific anything....All you are saying here is that all scientists that you agree with, are too large a group to disagree with....And that is supposed to be science?

    And that's what hurts your side. You're too willing to accept any minor think and blow it up to more than it is. This suggests a huge emotional commitment to your belief. As we have not done the research ourselves, and frankly lack the ability to do so, the rational thing is to rely on best evidence. Seeking minority views to hang on to a belief system is not rational.
    The sheer projection based on psychological terms alone in this pronouncement from you here is astonishing.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1143
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Calling people names? More like assigning an accurate label, its even in the encyclopedias now... I'm sure they're wrong and out to get you too though.

    Climate change denial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Its kind of funny how sensitive you are. Playing the victim card and pretending this is some kind of partisan attack on your humanity.

    Maybe you should call Al Sharpton and claim your civil rights have been violated. Call Fox News and tell them your hot story of an online Progressive Cyber Bully who is terrorizing the poor poor honorable denier.
    That's all you took from that entire post? Really? I would say this represents a complete non rebuttal to what I said to you....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1144
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    there has been a natural oscillation of climate temperature since day 1. We had a few crack pot scientist about 50 years ago come up with this man made climate change hypothesis with out referring to earth climate history. the Democrats latched hold of it as another wedge issue between them and republicans. Now that they and many industries that contribute to democrats and scientist that get research money from government are so fully invested in the fail theory it is no turning back for them
    We all know that, as do the scientists. Again, this is you hanging your hat on something of insignificance.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1145
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh really? I would say the arrogance of this statement to open your response is proof that you are not interested in debate of anything, rather mere capitulation to your belief system.
    j, there's nothing arrogant about it. It's just a statistical fact. Such small numbers have no real effect. Of course the main point was what you claimed wasn't even true to start with.


    Oh man....This is great....!!! This statement alone is not based in scientific anything....All you are saying here is that all scientists that you agree with, are too large a group to disagree with....And that is supposed to be science?
    J, this response of yours is nonsensical. We've all seen that the consensus is overwhelming. You are free to go back and read that data.



    The sheer projection based on psychological terms alone in this pronouncement from you here is astonishing.
    More a rational reading. You have very little support, but hang on the smallest of things.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1146
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    j, there's nothing arrogant about it. It's just a statistical fact. Such small numbers have no real effect. Of course the main point was what you claimed wasn't even true to start with.
    Oh my.... There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

    J, this response of yours is nonsensical. We've all seen that the consensus is overwhelming. You are free to go back and read that data.
    What the hell does that even mean?

    More a rational reading. You have very little support, but hang on the smallest of things.
    Rational to what? Groupthink? Good grief Joe....If your so called consensus was so huge, and the opposition to what you want so badly to be true, so small, then tell me why isn't there everything you want to see as helpful to what you think would work, in place? Why are you having so much trouble putting in place your agenda?

    Because it's BS, and people see that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1147
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,589

    Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    So let me get this straight.

    The data is faked.

    Even despite this obviously faked data -which somehow has never been corrected in a scientific journal- probably because all the scientists are in on the same scam- YOU are in possession of the real, unfaked data that happens to prove your point.

    And dispute this global scientific scam where all the scientists are in cahoots and only a few are not, somehow there is NO overwhelming consensus (because the repeated data showing this, not to mention a casual glance at any climate journal is all fake).

    And the viewpoint you have is driven by a political point of view rather than a scientific one, and you're conclusion on the science was decided before you even saw any evidence.

    And I'm NOT supposed to mock you?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #1148
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    So let me get this straight.

    The data is faked.

    Even despite this obviously faked data -which somehow has never been corrected in a scientific journal- probably because all the scientists are in on the same scam- YOU are in possession of the real, unfaked data that happens to prove your point.

    And dispute this global scientific scam where all the scientists are in cahoots and only a few are not, somehow there is NO overwhelming consensus (because the repeated data showing this, not to mention a casual glance at any climate journal is all fake).

    And the viewpoint you have is driven by a political point of view rather than a scientific one, and you're conclusion on the science was decided before you even saw any evidence.

    And I'm NOT supposed to mock you?
    We've been over this...You are making assumptions you shouldn't, and clearly using false narratives....Your approach is dishonest, and dismissed.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1149
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,244

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't believe you do, and I don't believe you're far from a novice. You've shown no evidence to make me believe that.
    And no matter what I show you, if you choose not to trust my integrity, it doesn't matter. I've been down this road before with people. Any evidence I attempt to show you of my intelligence and knowledge, you will just accuse me to "googling" it.

  10. #1150
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global ...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's all you took from that entire post? Really? I would say this represents a complete non rebuttal to what I said to you....
    You have no argument so you're just evading now. I really have to wonder what kind of motivation a person like you has. If you have to resort to tactics such as this... why not just come to terms with the fact that you're wrong?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •