Page 108 of 135 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1071
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Of course man can have that much of an effect. He kills lakes and environments rather quickly.

    Look, they lay out clear evidence, back by nearly very one in the field. Being novice, you have to largely be a contrarian to ignore such a large consensus.


    If the consensus was not wrong with everything they assert, they would be less easy to ignore.

    In passing, have you identified the leading expert in this field yet?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  2. #1072
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A while. It's never a straight line. It sigs and sags.
    Isn't that convenient for your argument. What is the scientific measure for "A while"
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1073
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Isn't that convenient for your argument. What is the scientific measure for "A while"
    Facts are facts.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1074
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Tricky question, but warming is measured over time, not one year compared to the next. This throws many off when only look at a year or three.



    Or 150?

    Attachment 67152555Attachment 67152556
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  5. #1075
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Facts are facts.
    Not a fact until you define "a while"
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1076
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not a fact until you define "a while"
    Do you really need me to link that for you as well? Seriously, have you read any of the science?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1077
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Do you really need me to link that for you as well? Seriously, have you read any of the science?

    Quit being a jerk Joe....I have read alot of it, and it would surprise you that I have even read the articles you have posted....But I am asking a serious question here....Where in science is "a while" accepted in composing scientific theory? Is that like "a pinch" or "a dash" in cooking?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1078
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Quit being a jerk Joe....I have read alot of it, and it would surprise you that I have even read the articles you have posted....But I am asking a serious question here....Where in science is "a while" accepted in composing scientific theory? Is that like "a pinch" or "a dash" in cooking?
    A while is my term. But the science isn't something where you say it was hot or cold this year, so it proves X. It's studied over time. You'll notice charts don't ever move in a line without dips and spikes. And the literature explains this. If you have read, then you would not be asking the question.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1079
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A while is my term.
    Yes, it is....So what do you mean by it?

    But the science isn't something where you say it was hot or cold this year, so it proves X.
    I understand that, and I don't doubt for a second that climate changes, that we go through Ice ages, as well as warm periods. But, I see nothing to date that disavows me of the clear indicator that this latest round of hysteria over supposed AGW, is in a veiled attempt to create fiat currency, redistribute wealth on a global scale, and is utterly a scam.

    It's studied over time. You'll notice charts don't ever move in a line without dips and spikes.
    Yep, and isn't it amazing how the AGW cult doesn't want to use charts from periods that don't support their quack theory?

    And the literature explains this. If you have read, then you would not be asking the question.
    All I know, is that your argument has serious problems when even to a blue collar guy like me can see right through the agenda behind the hysteria...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1080
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, it is....So what do you mean by it?



    I understand that, and I don't doubt for a second that climate changes, that we go through Ice ages, as well as warm periods. But, I see nothing to date that disavows me of the clear indicator that this latest round of hysteria over supposed AGW, is in a veiled attempt to create fiat currency, redistribute wealth on a global scale, and is utterly a scam.



    Yep, and isn't it amazing how the AGW cult doesn't want to use charts from periods that don't support their quack theory?



    All I know, is that your argument has serious problems when even to a blue collar guy like me can see right through the agenda behind the hysteria...
    J, the only group being selective with the charts is yours. Like most of us, you're a novice. You really can't make an educated decision without actually being educated. You can't read political sites and consider them science. Nor can you pick the one over the many because you want the one to be true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •