Page 106 of 135 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1347

Thread: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global [W:478]

  1. #1051
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    I don't know what ack means
    I know. I know.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1052
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,617

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know. I know.


    your post:

    "Your inability to read is not a ack of proof. Sorry."

    If this is English, you've violated rules of grammar. If it's a different language, please provide a translation.

    If you are making up rules in the area of grammar as well as climate, then go right ahead.

    Nice emoticons. Are you still in junior high?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  3. #1053
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    This is Joe's signature go to when he is flustered....He starts typing too fast, and doesn't proof read before hitting the 'submit' button. A trait that I doubt he would accept from his students. But it also shows that he doesn't really have the answers to your postings code...Instead, and as of late he is relying on just saying 'I've posted it before'...in a weak attempt to put declarative statements out there without back up material.

    There have been literally hundreds of threads over the years about AGW, with thousands of postings. Are we to go back and read every post ever written by Joe on the topic? And what if those of us were to start using this tactic as well? What if we started saying that 'we have posted this information debunking AGW before' would that be accepted? I think not.

    Joe, for that alone has miserably lost his argument in this already, and I think knows this, so to continue to do this is a violation of the forum rules, and will be reported, and I think should be by every poster trying to have a discussion on facts surrounding this topic.

    The personal attacks, and baiting/flaming of the thread should not go unreported by any of those in here that are putting forth opposition to AGW.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1054
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This is Joe's signature go to when he is flustered....He starts typing too fast, and doesn't proof read before hitting the 'submit' button. A trait that I doubt he would accept from his students. But it also shows that he doesn't really have the answers to your postings code...Instead, and as of late he is relying on just saying 'I've posted it before'...in a weak attempt to put declarative statements out there without back up material.

    There have been literally hundreds of threads over the years about AGW, with thousands of postings. Are we to go back and read every post ever written by Joe on the topic? And what if those of us were to start using this tactic as well? What if we started saying that 'we have posted this information debunking AGW before' would that be accepted? I think not.

    Joe, for that alone has miserably lost his argument in this already, and I think knows this, so to continue to do this is a violation of the forum rules, and will be reported, and I think should be by every poster trying to have a discussion on facts surrounding this topic.

    The personal attacks, and baiting/flaming of the thread should not go unreported by any of those in here that are putting forth opposition to AGW.
    I'm not flustered in the sense you're trying to pass off. I'm frustrated by how convoluted you guys get in ignoring the evidence and then in pretending that as novices you know better than experts. You ignore a wealth of information, hang on to very minor and unimportant points. It makes rational discussion difficult. So, once it's been laid out two or three times, and the person keeps asking for what he's already got, how long do you think it needs to be repeated?

    But by all means, talking about the person, as is your habit, is easier than addressing the evidence or rebuttals.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1055
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not flustered in the sense you're trying to pass off. I'm frustrated by how convoluted you guys get in ignoring the evidence and then in pretending that as novices you know better than experts. You ignore a wealth of information, hang on to very minor and unimportant points. It makes rational discussion difficult. So, once it's been laid out two or three times, and the person keeps asking for what he's already got, how long do you think it needs to be repeated?
    When a claim is made, then your back up proof needs to be clearly laid out so that people that have not read your thoughts on the subject before can see them right there. The absurd notion that you, or anyone should be able to just throw out a claim, then say "I've posted proof of this claim before" and be taken seriously is laughable on its face.

    But by all means, talking about the person, as is your habit, is easier than addressing the evidence or rebuttals.
    We have rebutted with things that you refuse to read, or acknowledge in your argument. So, Me thinks there is just a little more than classic projection going on with your posting now Joe....:
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1056
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    When a claim is made, then your back up proof needs to be clearly laid out so that people that have not read your thoughts on the subject before can see them right there. The absurd notion that you, or anyone should be able to just throw out a claim, then say "I've posted proof of this claim before" and be taken seriously is laughable on its face.



    We have rebutted with things that you refuse to read, or acknowledge in your argument. So, Me thinks there is just a little more than classic projection going on with your posting now Joe....:
    It has been clearly laid out by those making the claim. When I claim there is a consensus, I clearly showed there was. When he asked about the science, links were given to the science. When he said no large science groups accepted it, those groups were linked showing they do in fact. All of it has been clearly shown, complete with links.

    And no you haven't. You showed one guy. He was rebutted. You then start with the talking about the poster. That is the pattern.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1057
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It has been clearly laid out by those making the claim. When I claim there is a consensus, I clearly showed there was. When he asked about the science, links were given to the science. When he said no large science groups accepted it, those groups were linked showing they do in fact. All of it has been clearly shown, complete with links.

    And no you haven't. You showed one guy. He was rebutted. You then start with the talking about the poster. That is the pattern.
    We've laid out evidence, and proof repeatedly...That you can't or won't read it is not my problem.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1058
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    We've laid out evidence, and proof repeatedly...That you can't or won't read it is not my problem.
    You've laid out stuff we've rebutted by showing it was inaccurate. You've largely ignored the rebuttals, waited awhile, and made the claim again. It was still inaccurate. I've just decided to limit my factual rebuttals to a couple when you're merely repeating what has been shown to be inaccurate.

    And if you go to one bright fellow saying something you agree with, you have to give reason why one bright fellow, who said he knew more about nuclear weapons than climate change, should be accepted over many, an overwhelming many, bright folks who are also experts in that field? I get you like hearing what you want to believe, but you need more in order to convince.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1059
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,617

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not flustered in the sense you're trying to pass off. I'm frustrated by how convoluted you guys get in ignoring the evidence and then in pretending that as novices you know better than experts. You ignore a wealth of information, hang on to very minor and unimportant points. It makes rational discussion difficult. So, once it's been laid out two or three times, and the person keeps asking for what he's already got, how long do you think it needs to be repeated?

    But by all means, talking about the person, as is your habit, is easier than addressing the evidence or rebuttals.


    These are the points that you refuse to address:

    1. Who are the leading experts in the field of AGW?
    2. Why are the predictions of AGW Science always wrong and always wrong on the warm side?
    3. How is the current warming trend that predates the Industrial Revolution any different from others in the past?
    4. Why does the temperature both rise and fall if CO2 is the prime driver of climate?
    5. Why has not even one scientific organization on the planet classed this as a scientific theory?
    6. If we are right in the middle of the temperature range of the Holocene and below the peaks of temperature of previous interglacials, and both of these are true and accurate, why do you or anyone consider this to be unusual temperatures?

    These are not minor and unimportant points. These points utterly destroy your case. These are points of actual, real empirical science and are not addressed by the propaganda you present.

    What are your answers?
    Last edited by code1211; 08-23-13 at 06:28 PM.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  10. #1060
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warm

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You've laid out stuff we've rebutted by showing it was inaccurate. You've largely ignored the rebuttals, waited awhile, and made the claim again. It was still inaccurate. I've just decided to limit my factual rebuttals to a couple when you're merely repeating what has been shown to be inaccurate.

    And if you go to one bright fellow saying something you agree with, you have to give reason why one bright fellow, who said he knew more about nuclear weapons than climate change, should be accepted over many, an overwhelming many, bright folks who are also experts in that field? I get you like hearing what you want to believe, but you need more in order to convince.
    Nope, you are 1.) misrepresenting what Dr. Dyson was saying, and 2.) making the hubris filled mistake that only your interpretation of what is said is 'fact'... There is a reason why the world is not running head long into what you want to see concerning this...Because they see the fraud.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •