Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 68

Thread: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

  1. #41
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Some of them just are going to be more comfortable with a buddy type discussion than a "Come sit on my couch and tell me about your dreams" type atmosphere.
    I understand that. But that doesn't mean the buddy should hand him the keys to a gun cabinet. Which is what I hope didn't happen here

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    All due condolences to Kyle, and his family....

    With that said, is this the tactic now? Gun rights under fire so every single gun incident makes national news to drive the agenda to ban guns? Think about it people, the MSM is trying to shape opinion rather than reporting the news objectively.

    "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before".
    Rahm Emanuel

  3. #43
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I understand that. But that doesn't mean the buddy should hand him the keys to a gun cabinet. Which is what I hope didn't happen here
    I have not heard that is what happened so I am going to refrain from commenting on it unless I hear for sure that is what happened out of respect for both sides in this tragedy.

    I would hope in the very least people would see that we are going to need to try to spend some of the wasted energy trying to take away guns directed at trying to help avoid these types of incidents with better and more proactive mental health services at the very least.

  4. #44
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I have not heard that is what happened so I am going to refrain from commenting on it unless I hear for sure that is what happened out of respect for both sides in this tragedy.
    I doubt anyone involved is spending their day on DB. So I don't feel so obligated. Second, my original comment remark on it seemingly being a bad idea, asking a professional to comment, and letter pointing out that it seems a situation best handled by a profession.

    Despite the suggestion of others, I never made claims about what actually happened.

  5. #45
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    All due condolences to Kyle, and his family....

    With that said, is this the tactic now? Gun rights under fire so every single gun incident makes national news to drive the agenda to ban guns? Think about it people, the MSM is trying to shape opinion rather than reporting the news objectively.
    Agreed brother. Everytime someone is shot now, it makes the news. I could care less what Chicago's murder rate is but every Monday it seems like we get a national update on it. It's getting old.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #46
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Agreed brother. Everytime someone is shot now, it makes the news. I could care less what Chicago's murder rate is but every Monday it seems like we get a national update on it. It's getting old.
    Maybe if other counties next to Chicago had the same gun control regulations then maybe the amount of gun violence would go down. If there is a federal gun law then make it the standard and apply to every state

  7. #47
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Maybe if other counties next to Chicago had the same gun control regulations then maybe the amount of gun violence would go down. If there is a federal gun law then make it the standard and apply to every state
    Yep, typical of a liberal, you miss the entire point of my post. The point is, I DON'T CARE ABOUT CHICAGO'S MURDER RATE!!! I don't know why the media keeps reporting it. Nevermind, yeah I do. They're pushing an agenda
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #48
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Yep, typical of a liberal, you miss the entire point of my post. The point is, I DON'T CARE ABOUT CHICAGO'S MURDER RATE!!! I don't know why the media keeps reporting it. Nevermind, yeah I do. They're pushing an agenda
    Maybe there is just a sensationalist edge to the story and people are interested. Much like the zombie/bathsalt plague we had over the summer

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Agreed brother. Everytime someone is shot now, it makes the news. I could care less what Chicago's murder rate is but every Monday it seems like we get a national update on it. It's getting old.
    Do they mention that almost 80% of the victims are Black?

    Just as Black babies are more likely to be aborted so it is with Black on Black crime victims. This is something that should be talked about openly, rather than just mentioning the murder rates alone.

  10. #50
    Rogue Graffias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Midwest U.S
    Last Seen
    08-26-15 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    924

    Re: Reports: Ex-SEAL/author fatally shot on gun range

    Regardless of the motive behind his death, Chris Kyle was a self-serving, cocky bastard who had contempt for people who had balls he could only dream of having -- i.e., the Iraqi resistance fighters who were relying on small arms and whatever explosives they could scrounge up to take on the most powerful military in the world. He was also a liar, as the Jesse Ventura case shows.
    AN AUTHORITARIAN SOCIALIST OPPOSED TO GLOBALISM, ZIONISM, AND FEMINISM, AND IN FAVOR OF SOVEREIGN NATIONS, A PALESTINIAN STATE, AND MEN'S RIGHTS!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •