Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 222

Thread: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

  1. #171
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't think so.

    Sometimes people need to make a point. As I elaborated in an earlier post - some people don't understand a concern until they're personally affected/effected by the concern.
    And the point is nonsensical because it was made to the wrong person. Its broken logic to be ignorant to the waitress is isnt responsible for your unhappiness especially being a person of god

    I know, ill punch my neighbor because im mad at people who commit child abuse, you know, just to make a point and so he is personally affected by it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    And the point is nonsensical because it was made to the wrong person. Its broken logic to be ignorant to the waitress is isnt responsible for your unhappiness especially being a person of god

    I know, ill punch my neighbor because im mad at people who commit child abuse, you know, just to make a point and so he is personally affected by it.
    Your analogy is over-dramatic. The server got an 18% tip already.

    Sometimes a person has to be an ass to make a point, because when you try to make your point nicely no one listens.

    Maybe you should analyze the point behind leaving no tip instead of assuming the pastor was just being an ass. Maybe this world (at least in the US) is a Godless world with no faith - a world full of conceited people who truly only care about themselves - a nation that wants government to steal from one and give to another - a world that degrades people who don't adhere to whatever pop culture PC standard that is set...

    But at the same time it could be none of that - maybe the server was just unkind and rude. Maybe the server was an atheist who was snickering at the fact he/she had to serve a faith based individual?? for all I know he/she could have been mocking the faith behind the pastors back...

    I don't see a pastor pulling such a stunt unprovoked, however the motive can only be speculated.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Your analogy is over-dramatic. The server got an 18% tip already.

    Sometimes a person has to be an ass to make a point, because when you try to make your point nicely no one listens.

    Maybe you should analyze the point behind leaving no tip instead of assuming the pastor was just being an ass. Maybe this world (at least in the US) is a Godless world with no faith - a world full of conceited people who truly only care about themselves - a nation that wants government to steal from one and give to another - a world that degrades people who don't adhere to whatever pop culture PC standard that is set...

    But at the same time it could be none of that - maybe the server was just unkind and rude. Maybe the server was an atheist who was snickering at the fact he/she had to serve a faith based individual?? for all I know he/she could have been mocking the faith behind the pastors back...

    I don't see a pastor pulling such a stunt unprovoked, however the motive can only be speculated.
    Do you assume that the server did something to earn the pastor's despicable comment?

    That seems unknowable at this point. It looks like the pastor was complaining about the gratuity.

  4. #174
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Your analogy is over-dramatic. The server got an 18% tip already.

    Sometimes a person has to be an ass to make a point, because when you try to make your point nicely no one listens.

    Maybe you should analyze the point behind leaving no tip instead of assuming the pastor was just being an ass. Maybe this world (at least in the US) is a Godless world with no faith - a world full of conceited people who truly only care about themselves - a nation that wants government to steal from one and give to another - a world that degrades people who don't adhere to whatever pop culture PC standard that is set...

    But at the same time it could be none of that - maybe the server was just unkind and rude. Maybe the server was an atheist who was snickering at the fact he/she had to serve a faith based individual?? for all I know he/she could have been mocking the faith behind the pastors back...

    I don't see a pastor pulling such a stunt unprovoked, however the motive can only be speculated.
    you may have that opinion but it shows your broken logic

    and we dont know if she got a tip, you ASSUME that

    but look at what you just said, i called the pastor a jerk and you said you don't think so now you are saying the pastor was an ass, so we agree the pastor was an ass or jerk which ever term you prefer

    the rest of your assumptions are also meaningless as i stated in MY posts that if the information i have is true the pastor was a jerk

    that point still stands and theres no logic reason to think otherwise
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Do you assume that the server did something to earn the pastor's despicable comment?

    That seems unknowable at this point. It looks like the pastor was complaining about the gratuity.
    I don't think he said anything despicable, nor do I think he was being cheap.

    All he said was "why do you get 18% when I give God 10?"

    I think such a response would certainly be provoked....

    Besides, this whole argument is moot considering she already got a mandatory 18% tip - which is highly generous in its own right.

    When I tip - if they're rude and suck they get 10%, average is 20% and superb is 30%+. If I really like a server and if I can afford It I will tip 500%+.... Hell, around Christmas I ordered a couple of pizzas and the total was like 25 bucks or something - I gave the driver a c-note and told him to keep the change... At the same time I have never wanted to tip because the person taking care of me or my party were just rude and treated me like I was a problem in their day/night.. That is another reason why I like to tip big to nice people - I don't look like a big tipper or anything (or look like I could even afford a big tip) So when I'm treated above average it shows that individual who is serving you actually does care and will treat you the same as the millionaire a booth over...

    I suppose my point is that little things tell you a lot about an individual and people who go the extra way should be rewarded for their actions.

  6. #176
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't think he said anything despicable, nor do I think he was being cheap.

    1.)All he said was "why do you get 18% when I give God 10?"

    I think such a response would certainly be provoked....

    Besides, this whole argument is moot considering she already got a mandatory 18% tip - which is highly generous in its own right.

    When I tip - if they're rude and suck they get 10%, average is 20% and superb is 30%+. If I really like a server and if I can afford It I will tip 500%+.... Hell, around Christmas I ordered a couple of pizzas and the total was like 25 bucks or something - I gave the driver a c-note and told him to keep the change... At the same time I have never wanted to tip because the person taking care of me or my party were just rude and treated me like I was a problem in their day/night.. That is another reason why I like to tip big to nice people - I don't look like a big tipper or anything (or look like I could even afford a big tip) So when I'm treated above average it shows that individual who is serving you actually does care and will treat you the same as the millionaire a booth over...

    I suppose my point is that little things tell you a lot about an individual and people who go the extra way should be rewarded for their actions.
    1.) which is a jerk move especially following it up with god and pastor
    2. you keep saying the bolded but do you have proof of this?
    3.) lastly not tipping and give crap to the waitress is still stupid and ignorant because she has nothing to do with it per the info we have
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) which is a jerk move especially following it up with god and pastor
    2. you keep saying the bolded but do you have proof of this?
    3.) lastly not tipping and give crap to the waitress is still stupid and ignorant because she has nothing to do with it per the info we have
    1. You have no idea why he/she did what he did - until you know the reasoning you can't call it a "jerk move." NOT TO MENTION AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY STATED THE SERVERS TIP WAS INCLUDED INTO THE CHECK.
    2. Yea did you actually look at the receipt?? It CLEARLY shows an18% gratuity charge - how much more proof do you need other than the Goddamn receipt???
    3.There is nothing stupid or ignorant about it...

    I'm getting real sick of arguing with people over **** that is right in front of their faces.... It's almost like arguing is some sort of a hobby.... People disregard whats right in front of their ****ing face just to argue....

    Look at the ****ing picture - you will notice there is a MANDATORY GRATUITY listed which is 18%...... What the **** is wrong with 18%? She made her ****ing money did she not???

    If I was in that greedy servers position I would laugh THEN THINK TO MYSELF WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER!!

    Sure some people are jerks, however I have a real hard time believing that a minister is a jerk.... Oh not to mention if I was a server I would in NO WAY take a "tip" from a pastor/minister....

  8. #178
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

    I pretty much laugh at them when they have the 18% auto gratuity thingy. I just look at them and say (in my head)... "your dumbass policy just lost you 2% of a tip being that I usually tip 20%".
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #179
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1. You have no idea why he/she did what he did - until you know the reasoning you can't call it a "jerk move."
    1.a)NOT TO MENTION AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY STATED THE SERVERS TIP WAS INCLUDED INTO THE CHECK.
    2. Yea did you actually look at the receipt?? It CLEARLY shows an18% gratuity charge - how much more proof do you need other than the Goddamn receipt???
    3.There is nothing stupid or ignorant about it...

    4.)I'm getting real sick of arguing with people over **** that is right in front of their faces.... It's almost like arguing is some sort of a hobby.... People disregard whats right in front of their ****ing face just to argue....

    5.)Look at the ****ing picture - you will notice there is a MANDATORY GRATUITY listed which is 18%...... What the **** is wrong with 18%? She made her ****ing money did she not???

    6.)If I was in that greedy servers position I would laugh THEN THINK TO MYSELF WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER!!

    Sure some people are jerks, however I have a real hard time believing that a minister is a jerk.... Oh not to mention if I was a server I would in NO WAY take a "tip" from a pastor/minister....
    1.) yes i can and i did LOL, like i said its a jerk move based on the info we have. Its halarious that you are telling me i cant call it a jerk move an the info we actually have but its ok for you to deem it not a jerk move on your GUESSES lol
    1a.) you keep saying this with no proof nor does it change the fact the pastor chastised a person for no reason based on the info we have
    2.) yes and he scratched it out and wrote his own total, which will be applied to his credit card. Proof = FACTS you are ASSUMING lol and its funny you are getting mad, why?
    3.) of course there is, based on the info we actually have what sense does it make to chastise and stiff the "waitress"?, what does that accomplish?
    lets look at the results, tips are still added to large parties, she stiffed a server who basically works for tips and she got herself blasted for being a jerk

    4.) theres NOTHING in fornt of our faces that proves a tip was paid, there MORE evidence like the headlines that say NO TIP and the picture and new total he wrote in that suggest NOT tip was paid. Take your own advice

    5.) more GUESSING by you and whether she got tipped or not doesnt change the fact the pastor ignorantly chastised the wrong person based on the info we have

    6.) what makes the server greedy? another GUESS based on NOTHING in front of your face, seems your thought process is super biased and hypocritical
    6A.) what do you GUESS she needed to do something better? again nothing in front of your face suggests that

    I wonder what you will make up this time to try and support your guesses
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #180
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about[W: 55]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Do you not understand automatic gratuity and the reasoning behind the idea?
    It doesn't matter whether I understand automatic gratuity, I understand math.

    The math tells the story in great detail and far, far better than any assumptions you have do.

    The math is what can prove or, in this case, disprove such assumptions.

    I have done the math. I have laid it out to be "double checked" by any interested in knowing the facts. There's no further point in pretending to know what you are talking about. Simply check the math. When you discover that the math is correct, alter your conclusions so that they are no longer based on erroneous assumptions and are instead based on fact.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •