Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 249

Thread: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus[W: 196]

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm not wrong - I am never wrong. Those siding with authority are always wrong.
    Wait a minute, you just got done saying you are part of a club where not everyone can join. You are supporting that authority that won't let everyone join.

    OMG do you even read your posts before you hit "post"?

  2. #42
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,187

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Edit..

    Sorry I replied to the wrong post.. However I will add my 2cents on what you say.

    Clubs can do whatever they like, that's why they're clubs. To be part of a club you have to be invited or accepted via application.

    For example I'm part of a lake resort club, we have a clubhouse which is pretty much a fully stocked bar - it was a public bar at one time. Now, in Illinois smoking in bars is illegal, however we're exempt from that because that is NOT a bar - its a club... Now what the hell would the point be to have a club if someone can just nose their way in and dictate what the hell that club does or doesn't do??? It kinda defeats the purpose no?
    You miss the point like the other ranters. All they had to do was comply with the rules. Other clubs seem to find it easy. They elect the leaders they want, while nominally making the positions open to all.
    The idea that a non-Christian would join a Christian club, suffer attending all their meetings, and encourage sufficient friends to join in order to win election to the leadership is ludicrous and more than a little paranoid. Even then, why would they want to do that? It's no more than yet another "Christians under attack" dogwhistle.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Edit..

    Sorry I replied to the wrong post.. However I will add my 2cents on what you say.

    Clubs can do whatever they like, that's why they're clubs. To be part of a club you have to be invited or accepted via application.
    .....

    Read the words that I'm writing.

    Clubs, in a GENERAL sense, CAN do whatever they like.

    Clubs, that want OFFICIAL SCHOOL RECOGNITION, have to adhere to school policies.

    If the interfaith group wanted to be the former, there would be zero issues. They could be the former, a general club, RIGHT NOW if they want.

    However they wanted to be an OFFICIAL SCHOOL RECOGNIZED club. Which means they have to adhere to the same policies every other group on campus adhered to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't care to argue, however I will say that the simple fact this debate even exists is because progressives are biased mother****ers...
    After your action and patentedly retarded statements in this thread, none of which actually address the actual situation occuring, you have [b]zero[/] room to speak about anyone being biased.

    They should have every right to have their club. This club should sue for discrimination.
    There would have to be discrimination for them to be able to sue in any worth while method. There is none. You've demonstrated none. You've bitched, whined, and ranted about a fabricated scenario with no proof and with no bearing on the current story and that's been your basis for crying discrimination. It's not htere.

    They wanted to be an OFFICIAL campus club.

    They wanted to have in writing that to be a leader in that club you had to be a specific religion.

    That is against the schools policies for OFFICIALLY recognized clubs.

    Thus far, there has been zero evidence provided suggesting any other club has such a written requirement.

    The School went to them an gave them an easy out, telling them they could remain an OFFICIAL club if they just removed the requirement (they could still just basically never vote into leadership a non-christian if they wanted)

    The club refused to change it, and thus was removed...appropriately.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Wait a minute, you just got done saying you are part of a club where not everyone can join. You are supporting that authority that won't let everyone join.

    OMG do you even read your posts before you hit "post"?
    Well if you buy a summer home at the resort you automatically join. Weather or not an individual wants to partake in the functions is up to the individual.

    So yeah there are prerequisites like buying a house, but it's not like anyone can just walk into the clubhouse and ask for a beer.

  5. #45
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Edit..

    Sorry I replied to the wrong post.. However I will add my 2cents on what you say.

    Clubs can do whatever they like, that's why they're clubs. To be part of a club you have to be invited or accepted via application.

    For example I'm part of a lake resort club, we have a clubhouse which is pretty much a fully stocked bar - it was a public bar at one time. Now, in Illinois smoking in bars is illegal, however we're exempt from that because that is NOT a bar - its a club... Now what the hell would the point be to have a club if someone can just nose their way in and dictate what the hell that club does or doesn't do??? It kinda defeats the purpose no?
    and if the club did not want to use PUBLICLY funded facilities they could fashion the covenant for the PRIVATE club to exclude from the club leadership anyone who was not Christian
    however, while on a publicly funded campus, using publicly funded facilities, the club's charter cannot compel bias as a condition of membership. it has to welcome all prospects regardless of race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and/or religion

    and as has been mentioned. all the club needed to do to remain in good standing was to modify its charter to allow non-Christians to hold leadership positions - as if any would garner the votes to do so. the Christian club did this to itself. probably consists of a bunch of fundies
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well if you buy a summer home at the resort you automatically join. Weather or not an individual wants to partake in the functions is up to the individual.

    So yeah there are prerequisites like buying a house, but it's not like anyone can just walk into the clubhouse and ask for a beer.
    So you support authority as long as it's authority YOU like. What a ****ing hypocrite. You're dismissed.

  7. #47
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    They should have every right to have their club.
    Nobody is preventing them from having the club.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    .....

    Read the words that I'm writing.

    Clubs, in a GENERAL sense, CAN do whatever they like.

    Clubs, that want OFFICIAL SCHOOL RECOGNITION, have to adhere to school policies.

    If the interfaith group wanted to be the former, there would be zero issues. They could be the former, a general club, RIGHT NOW if they want.

    However they wanted to be an OFFICIAL SCHOOL RECOGNIZED club. Which means they have to adhere to the same policies every other group on campus adhered to.



    After your action and patentedly retarded statements in this thread, none of which actually address the actual situation occuring, you have [b]zero[/] room to speak about anyone being biased.



    There would have to be discrimination for them to be able to sue in any worth while method. There is none. You've demonstrated none. You've bitched, whined, and ranted about a fabricated scenario with no proof and with no bearing on the current story and that's been your basis for crying discrimination. It's not htere.

    They wanted to be an OFFICIAL campus club.

    They wanted to have in writing that to be a leader in that club you had to be a specific religion.

    That is against the schools policies for OFFICIALLY recognized clubs.

    Thus far, there has been zero evidence provided suggesting any other club has such a written requirement.

    The School went to them an gave them an easy out, telling them they could remain an OFFICIAL club if they just removed the requirement (they could still just basically never vote into leadership a non-christian if they wanted)

    The club refused to change it, and thus was removed...appropriately.
    Did it ever occur to you that the schools policies may be bias?

    Oh no of course you didn't.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Nobody is preventing them from having the club.
    No the school is just being biased about their club.

  10. #50
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Why do Christians think they should be exempt from whatever rules they dislike?

    If they don't like the university's requirements to be an officially-recognized club, they should just not bother with that university recognition part and go do their own thing. You know, that whole individual responsibility thing instead of depending on big scary government to promote their group for them. Right?

    If my religion requires goat sacrifice, I shouldn't expect that the university would let me do it on campus with official recognition just because it's my religion.

    Or they could do what Zyphlin said. Remove the requirement and just vote for Christian leaders. It's not like an atheist was ever going to take that spot.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •