Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 249

Thread: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus[W: 196]

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL, did you stay at a Holiday Inn too?
    If you have nothing to add to this debate then shut your pie hole and tape your fingers to your face.

  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    BTW, I understand your point but you apparently don't understand mine.
    Is that so? You understand my point? Sure doesn't seem like it, since you keep asking me questions i've answered a ton. But I've definitely understood your points....you just keep wanting to run away from them after they get blown out of the water, and refuse to acknowledge you were wrong while continue to argue as if the assumptions you made were true. You keep trying to reinvent your "point". Lets actually look at your "points"...

    One point you keep seeming to make was that this group was just wanting to be a general club, an association of people with a common interest, rather than actually being sanctioned by the School and gaining the benefits of said sanction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No what is daft is the fact that the idiots cant tell the difference between a club and a church.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    This is a club, no endorsement needed.

    You may as well say a bunch of guys cant get together and play video games and call it a "club." Individuals have every right in the United States to get together and talk about whatever they want and call it a club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Besides, since when is membership to a club a right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Clubs can do whatever they like, that's why they're clubs. To be part of a club you have to be invited or accepted via application.
    Another point you kept making was that the school was biased or discriminatory, and that other clubs denied membership or leadership positions for the things this club was being removed for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Ignorance is saying a Muslim can have a "club" a gay can have a "club" woman can have a "club" Latinos can have a "club" blacks can have a "club" Latin majors can have a "club" but Christians cant have a club...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    They should have every right to have their club. This club should sue for discrimination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that the schools policies may be bias?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No the school is just being biased about their club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I agree with you, however I don't like the fact the university is picking and choosing, especially when progressives get on their soap box and scream tolerance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    If they have one ****ing club that means this is blatant discrimination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    My anger is directed at those who are biased or racist.


    Yet another point you tried to suggest was that Christians in particular were being targeted while other groups got a free pass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Like only minorities can have clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    They[Christians] are being treated differently...

    What do you call this dude?

    MSA Home | University of Michigan Muslim Students' Association
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    What I see are a bunch of idiot wanna be progressive collectivists singling out a Christian group just because they hate them while using illogical ideals to boot them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    To me this has absolutely nothing to do with religion and everything to do with a bunch of assholes singling out a group and demonizing them..
    Your final three points were thus: That it’s dumb to have a rule that says a Club aimed at a specific class of people, though you only speak about Christianity, can’t deny membership to those that are not part of that class of people; AND that people are suggesting the club has to have non-Christian members; AND that non-christians probably wouldn’t want to join a christian club.

    You started primarily making these points after your earlier points, that you can see above, got demolished. The problem with these points however are multifaceted

    1. There’s a number of people, including two you’re actually arguing with and directing the posts where you make the point, in this thread that AGREE with you that the rule is dumb and that non-christians probably wouldn’t want to join the club. However, your issue is that BECAUSE you think the rule is dumb then you believe they’ve been “discriminated against” or the university is “biased” or that “Christians” were targeted, as I showed by highlighting your OTHER points.
    2. You’re continually posting a strawman that is suggesting that people are saying the club has to have non-Christian members or leaders. No one in this thread has stated that, Michigan hasn’t stated that, no one has stated that. All that’s been stated is they’re not allowed to BAR non-Christians from becoming members. No one said they had to actually have some as members.
    3. You create your arguments in trying to support these points utilizing your earlier points, that I showed above, which are factually incorrect and reference a situation that is completely and utterly fabricated and has no bearing on the reality of this situation. Meaning that while yes, you’re general point is correct, the surrounding logic about your point, the purpose of your point, and the conclusion your point is trying to reach are all horribly wrong and entirely based on ignorance of the situation.

  3. #153
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    When I want to learn about a topic I buy a book or go to the internet - I don't join a club.
    Good for you. Thank god, not everyone is you. Simply because you wouldn't do it doesn't magically make it the case for all people on earth.

  4. #154
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You didn't need to tell me that Dawkins was the author of the "God Delusion" and no, I could care less what people post on the internet.
    You seem to have missed the point. The question is whether or not my research into Christianity, using the methods you described (reading a book or using the internet), would justify me claiming to have a greater understanding of Christianity than most Christians.

    What I described is exactly the kind of "research" I see done by Christians claiming to have a better understanding of Islam than most Muslims all the time, especially the one's ignorant enough to make that claim without ever having set foot in a mosque in their life.

    I just think it is rude at best that a Christian club is not recognized
    Loads of Christian clubs are recognized. They outnumber every other religious club by 4-1, apparently.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    "Singled out" for a violation of the rules because they are the single group that for some reason can't follow a simple, cosmetic rule change.

    Should the university violate federal law because this one group thinks the rules don't apply to it? Who is the asshole again?
    No laws are being violated - well unless you're one of those anti-First Amendment nutters.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You seem to have missed the point. The question is whether or not my research into Christianity, using the methods you described (reading a book or using the internet), would justify me claiming to have a greater understanding of Christianity than most Christians.

    What I described is exactly the kind of "research" I see done by Christians claiming to have a better understanding of Islam than most Muslims all the time, especially the one's ignorant enough to make that claim without ever having set foot in a mosque in their life.



    Loads of Christian clubs are recognized. They outnumber every other religious club by 4-1, apparently.
    Your alleged research of Christianity and my understanding of Islam mean absolutely nothing to anyone anywhere.

    Do you learn out of interest or because you have to? That's what I thought.

  7. #157
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I just think it is rude at best that a Christian club is not recognized, while other clubs are, and no one has given me a good reason as to why other than "rules" or "policy" which both don't exactly shake my tree.

    I want a better reason than that...
    Then you have unreasonable demands, which fits with your imaginary scenario you've been arguing about this entire thread.

    This SINGULAR Christian club is not recognized because they were informed their bylaws violated rules they agreed to adhere to by being a sanctioned club on campus and refused to change those bylaws.

    16+ other Christian clubs along with a handful of muslim, jew, and hindu clubs ALL function perfectly fine on the campus, adhering to those rules, and thus they are allowed to stay on.

    One club broke the rules required for campus sanctioning.

    All the other clubs didn't break the rules required for campus sanctioning.

    As such, the club that broke the rule lost campus sanctioning and the ones that didn't break it are still sanctoined.

    This is no different than if a business chooses to break the rules regaridng how to serve alcohol in their resturant and other businesses followed the rules. The business that breaks the rules, and refuses to stop breaking the rules, loses their business liscense. The ones that follow the rules keep their business liscense.

    IF clearly, wantonly, and defiently breaking a rule that is REQUIRED to be recognized as a club by the campus and is needed due to federal discrimination laws is not a reasonable reason to not recognize the club as santioned by the Campus then there's literally no pleasing you because you're not being reasonable, logical, or rational. But that was demonstrated in the notion that you were claiming this group was singled out due to discriminatory actoins and bias.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Is that so? You understand my point? Sure doesn't seem like it, since you keep asking me questions i've answered a ton. But I've definitely understood your points....you just keep wanting to run away from them after they get blown out of the water, and refuse to acknowledge you were wrong while continue to argue as if the assumptions you made were true. You keep trying to reinvent your "point". Lets actually look at your "points"...

    One point you keep seeming to make was that this group was just wanting to be a general club, an association of people with a common interest, rather than actually being sanctioned by the School and gaining the benefits of said sanction.









    Another point you kept making was that the school was biased or discriminatory, and that other clubs denied membership or leadership positions for the things this club was being removed for.
















    Yet another point you tried to suggest was that Christians in particular were being targeted while other groups got a free pass.









    Your final three points were thus: That it’s dumb to have a rule that says a Club aimed at a specific class of people, though you only speak about Christianity, can’t deny membership to those that are not part of that class of people; AND that people are suggesting the club has to have non-Christian members; AND that non-christians probably wouldn’t want to join a christian club.

    You started primarily making these points after your earlier points, that you can see above, got demolished. The problem with these points however are multifaceted

    1. There’s a number of people, including two you’re actually arguing with and directing the posts where you make the point, in this thread that AGREE with you that the rule is dumb and that non-christians probably wouldn’t want to join the club. However, your issue is that BECAUSE you think the rule is dumb then you believe they’ve been “discriminated against” or the university is “biased” or that “Christians” were targeted, as I showed by highlighting your OTHER points.
    2. You’re continually posting a strawman that is suggesting that people are saying the club has to have non-Christian members or leaders. No one in this thread has stated that, Michigan hasn’t stated that, no one has stated that. All that’s been stated is they’re not allowed to BAR non-Christians from becoming members. No one said they had to actually have some as members.
    3. You create your arguments in trying to support these points utilizing your earlier points, that I showed above, which are factually incorrect and reference a situation that is completely and utterly fabricated and has no bearing on the reality of this situation. Meaning that while yes, you’re general point is correct, the surrounding logic about your point, the purpose of your point, and the conclusion your point is trying to reach are all horribly wrong and entirely based on ignorance of the situation.
    What the **** does any of that mean or apply to the argument at hand?

    I'm all for changing the topic, but not in this fashion - especially when you're putting words in my mouth and displaying my posts out of context in an attempt to suit your agenda.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    If you have nothing to add to this debate then shut your pie hole and tape your fingers to your face.
    Oh an internet tought guy. What are you going to do if I don't?

    Sorry, but your comments have been shown for what they are, a pile of ****. The fact is your comments are whining about a school policy that is being enforced with ALL groups. The fact you don't like it, is both irrelevant and inconsequential.

    But, hey, have fun with your books and internet thinking you are an expert LOL.

  10. #160
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: University of Michigan Kicks Christian Club off Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Your alleged research of Christianity and my understanding of Islam mean absolutely nothing to anyone anywhere.
    Your alleged research into Islam and my deep understanding of Christianity which is vastly superior to the understanding of most Christians is actually a subject you decided to bring up at random.

    Do you learn out of interest or because you have to?
    Out of interest, of course. What other reason is there to learn things? Nobody has to learn things. Millions of college students each year prove that.

    That's what I thought.
    When did you do that?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •