Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

  1. #11
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    All I got to say to Israel is, "Hey man, nice shot!"

    But, even if the attack was unjustified, (which I feel it WAS justified going on what we know,) make no mistake, the US would back Israel. The Israeli lobby is stronger than the NRA. No matter what Israel does, the US backs them. That is one of the main reasons we are always in the sights of these Islamic terrorists.
    I'm not arguing that it wasn't a nice shot. actually, if it can prevent further bloodshed it was a good shot. but this is just a bad kind of strategy to bomb your neighboring countries whenever you want. that really is a provocative act.

  2. #12
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by youknowwho View Post
    there's something called proof which needs to be presented.
    So? That doesn't excuse your staggeringly ignorant presumption that Israel did this on a guess.

  3. #13
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    The Israeli lobby is stronger than the NRA. No matter what Israel does, the US backs them. That is one of the main reasons we are always in the sights of these Islamic terrorists.
    We object to the settlements and call for them to be stopped, officially.

  4. #14
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So? That doesn't excuse your staggeringly ignorant presumption that Israel did this on a guess.
    I have no presumption. the default position in a logical debate is to be cynical.

  5. #15
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

    Russia is taking an anti-Israel position? Who woulda thunk that the country responsible for the pogroms against Jews and which created the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" would do such?!

    Next, somebody will tell me that the Greeks and the Turks really aren't getting on that well.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #16
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You're claiming that it was done on a guess. That's ridiculous. That's absurd. That's disconnected from reality. That's slander against Israel.



    You're presuming that Israel did this on a guess. That is not logical. In fact, it's a stupid presumption and the agenda behind it is obvious enough.
    now you're presuming that I have an agenda.

  7. #17
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by youknowwho View Post
    I have no presumption. the default position in a logical debate is to be cynical.
    Don't lie.


    Quote Originally Posted by youknowwho View Post
    the attack happened inside Syria, so at best, it was speculated that it is going to Lebanon. there's absolutely no proof whatsoever of that.
    Because the strike occured in Syria, you PRESUME that Israel has no intel to back it up and did so on speculation. That's a ridiculous presumption. Obviously, Israel is capable of gathering intel and evidence about the transfer even if it is happening in Syria. The premise of your assumption is as false as the assumption itself:

    Because the strike occured in Syria, Israel must have been guessing.

    Both parts of that are dumb.



    Now, let's consider another thing. You claimed "at best" it was speculation. So, what's your "at worst" scenario. Why do you include "at best" and then do not explain what else might have occured - please do, we await further presumptions. Because, really, leaving a PRESUMPTION unstated is even more weak than your false premise and wild accusation.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 01-31-13 at 11:56 AM.

  8. #18
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Russia is taking an anti-Israel position? Who woulda thunk that the country responsible for the pogroms against Jews and which created the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" would do such?!

    Next, somebody will tell me that the Greeks and the Turks really aren't getting on that well.
    Russia has a long history of anti-Israeli stance in the region and it's a powerful player too. the problem is that this was the harshest comment yet about the escalation of the war in the region. imagine Israel and Russia joining a civil war which includes Iran and all arab nations already. it's becoming a full blown proxy war, and I am really concerned about that.

  9. #19
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by youknowwho View Post
    now you're presuming that I have an agenda.
    I think that's obvious.

    1. You presume that because the strike in Syria, Israel has no intel.
    2. You claim that the strike was, AT BEST, a speculation.
    3. One can infer that that "at worst" side of your presumption involves war crimes.

    So, now... just because the strike was in Syria you conclude that Israel was speculating at best and perhaps commiting war crimes.

    To present things in a false light, use a false premise and leave unstated accusations on the table is clearly and undeniably anti-Israel. It's dumb and it's lame, no doubt - it's embarrassing. But, nonetheless, it's anti-Israel.

  10. #20
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Russia concern at Israeli 'air strike' on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Don't lie.
    I'm not.

    Because the strike occured in Syria, you PRESUME that Israel has no intel to back it up and did so on speculation. That's a ridiculous presumption. Obviously, Israel is capable of gathering intel and evidence about the transfer even if it is happening in Syria. The premise of your assumption is as false as the assumption itself:

    Because the strike occured in Syria, Israel must have been guessing.
    if the strike was happened in lebanon, it meant that the missiles were delivered to hesbollah, so the claim that syria meant to deliver the missiles to hesbollah was a self-sufficient fact. but since it was in syria, there must be evidence to support that in fact it was headed to lebanon. unless we are presented with that evidence the burden of proof falls on israel and my claim is logically true.

    Both parts of that are dumb.
    that's your opinion.

    Now, let's consider another thing. You claimed "at best" it was speculation. So, what's your "at worst" scenario. Why do you include "at best" and then do not explain what else might have occured - please do, we await further presumptions.
    the logical worst case in this case would be that israel had evidence that it was in fact not headed for lebanon. every first year philosophy student can tell you that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •