Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 490

Thread: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

  1. #61
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    hopefully, by that time we will have released those convicted of victimless crimes so that there will be ample room for those who violate the stiffer and better enforced gun laws
    Even if some of those gun law violations are victim less?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #62
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's everyone's job. Too much gets decided based on mistaken reasoning.
    Well accept the correction and move on to the subject at hand. The article and it's related gun restrictions etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Don't try and make sense, it only confuses them more.
    I'm getting tired of the crap reasoning here.
    Restrict guns, because they kill people.

    Well a lot of things are involved, but I'm betting one of the primary causative agents is free speech.
    Lets restrict that too.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #64
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    02-08-13 @ 10:14 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    843

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    I was talking about the questions in your article, not any questions you had, you had none.
    1) The questions in my article? WTH?
    2) You didn’t notice the question mark punctuation in the text you were quoting? Around these parts (AKA the English speaking world) we generally us those to denote questions.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Well accept the correction and move on to the subject at hand. The article and it's related gun restrictions etc.
    As long as there is no more faulty reasoning.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #66
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    02-08-13 @ 10:14 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    843

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I'm getting tired of the crap reasoning here.
    Restrict guns, because they kill people.

    Well a lot of things are involved, but I'm betting one of the primary causative agents is free speech.
    Lets restrict that too.
    You are “getting tired of crap reasoning” so you thought you’d contribute to it?



    Trollolololo primate, trollolololo!

  7. #67
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    You are “getting tired of crap reasoning” so you thought you’d contribute to it?



    Dance primate, dance!
    Absolutely, inane remarks about restricting rights, to "save" people when there is no proof that it could save one person, is retarded.
    Dancing monkey's don't count as a thorough response.

    There is great potential is reducing violence, if we make free association and free speech restricted.
    Why not go this route too?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #68
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    02-08-13 @ 10:14 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    843

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Absolutely, inane remarks about restricting rights, to “save” people when there is no proof that it could save one person, is retarded…</snipped degradation into the absurd>
    When there is no evidence it could be. However that is not actually the case.

    So DING, DING, DING! A tired crap reasoning is you!

  9. #69
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    When there is no evidence it would be. However that is not actually the case.

    So DING, DING, DING!
    How is it a straw man, when the people pushing for such laws, are citing that violence is the problem and restricting firearms is the solution?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #70
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    1) The questions in my article? WTH?
    2) You didn’t notice the question mark punctuation in the text you were quoting? Around these parts (AKA the English speaking world) we generally us those to denote questions.
    I am sorry. I gave you credit for keeping up with what you were posting, I guess not. No problem. I will ignore you then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •