Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 481 to 490 of 490

Thread: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I worked for planned parenthood. It is cutting down on dem voters.
    Ohhhh!! What a terrible thing to say!

  2. #482
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Demand a plan! - (new video)

    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #483
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,584

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Ba-ha-ha! The above just shows how little you know about rights. Since when is doing heroin a RIGHT? Do you even know what a right is? I don't think you do.

    As to the rest of your post, blah, blah, blah. I couldn't care less.
    The problem is that you don't follow what I'm saying. I'm transposing your logic in the form of an analogy, a process which clearly eludes you. What I was saying is that it makes absolutely no sense to be "disgusted" by somebody saying that a person doesn't need a bushmaster. It's every bit as logical as being disgusted by somebody telling you that you don't need heroin. Do you understand what's happening here? Apparently not. Civilians will be just fine using handguns for defense and tylenol for pain. I wasn't saying that using heroin is a right. Although part of my argument is that having any weapon under the sun is most clearly-obviously-way-past-the-point-of-debate not a right, as established by a whole host of laws and judicial rulings over the course of the last 2 centuries.

    Doing heroin as opposed to having military weapons- one of those strikes you as absurd and the other clearly a god given right as allowed by our constitution? No, I'm afraid to alert you to the fact that our laws are (or at least should be) based on common sense. We doing need people overdosing and we don't need the police - or anybody else for that matter - overpowered by guns that are legal simply because you think god wants us to be armed like Rambo.

    And you mentioned having an abortion as "not a right." I'm sorry, have you heard of Roe v Wade? Remember this part:

    the Court ruled 72 that a right to privacy under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment extended to a woman's decision to have an abortion
    But you don't seem to be a fan of reading the constitution or the judicial decisions based on it. The right to bear arms is legitimate. Regulating the type of firearms available to citizens is just as legitimate. The right to abortion is legitimate. Regulating the process of providing these procedures for women is just as legitimate. If you're going to respond, please recall that you have just slaughtered the facts and proven that you aren't familiar with judicial rulings regarding the rights afforded to American citizens.
    A working class hero is something to be

  4. #484
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Demand a plan! - (new video)

    They did already.....Stop, Drop, and Roll!

    So what did you say the reason was for changing the terminology for background checks to Universal?

  5. #485
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    They did already.....Stop, Drop, and Roll!

    So what did you say the reason was for changing the terminology for background checks to Universal?

    To reflect the change in background checks just by licensed gun dealers to include background checks by unlicensed dealers as well.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #486
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    To reflect the change in background checks just by licensed gun dealers to include background checks by unlicensed dealers as well.
    Yeah and to reflect to have people that are not criminals put on lists as well. But like LaPierre stated he knew Obama would change the terminology while attempting to implement it with the Assault weapons ban. Hence now Universal, the term that Obama did not want to start with. Again wherein the Fed already has 3 databases and so do states.

    Chicago and Arizona say.....wheres Gabby?

  7. #487
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah and to reflect to have people that are not criminals put on lists as well. But like LaPierre stated he knew Obama would change the terminology while attempting to implement it with the Assault weapons ban. Hence now Universal, the term that Obama did not want to start with. Again wherein the Fed already has 3 databases and so do states.

    Chicago and Arizona say.....wheres Gabby?
    All states should at least have the same list and be able to share information

  8. #488
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Demand a Plan to end Gun Violence

    "It’s time. Join more than 850 mayors and over 1.2 million grassroots supporters to demand that Congress step forward with a plan to end gun violence.

    Our efforts cannot bring back the 20 innocent children murdered in Newtown, CT -- or the 33 people murdered with guns every day in America. But we can prevent future tragedies by passing common sense legislation that will:

    1. Require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America
    2. Ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines
    3. Make gun trafficking a federal crime, with real penalties for “straw purchasers”

    Demand that your members of Congress support these legislative priorities.

    Watch our Super Bowl ad, then join us in standing up to the gun lobby and demanding background checks for all gun sales."



    Demand a Plan - Home
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #489
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    It is not the lethality of guns that is a problem, it is how many guns there are. The estimated total number of guns held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,000, according to information from here:

    Guns in the United States: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law
    Well... 270,000,000 is a good start. I think we should have double or triple the number; everyone should own a couple and know how to use them.

    Tell me... why is the number a problem for you? I'm curious.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #490
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    "About the only thing more terrifying than a lone gunman firing into a classroom or a crowded movie theater is a half a dozen more gunmen leaping around firing their pistols at the killer, which is to say really at each other and every bystander. It’s a police officer’s nightmare."

    "While other advanced countries have imposed gun control laws, America has conducted a natural experiment in what happens when a society has as many guns as people. The results are in, and they’re not counterintuitive."

    Why the 'More Guns' Argument Doesn't Make Sense - NYTimes.com
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •