Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 490

Thread: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

  1. #341
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's not true. BEfore the brady bill was passed (from 68 forward)dealers were required to have people fill out the form but there was no real background check except in a few states
    Ummmm I know, that's what I said "Background checks from licensed dealers was law before the Brady bill was passed.

    Turtle you are slipping man, hehehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What's the difference between a tenther and an anarchist
    Do you know the definition of anarchy?

    BTW, anarchy is impossible to achieve, much like Marx's communism which is anarchy by de facto.

  3. #343
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The anti-2nd amendment loons probably figure that if the CDC is involved that will give them more leverage in ****ting on the 2nd amendment.
    Once you get your flu shot, remember to turn in your guns before you exit the clinic.

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Study Shows Brady Bill Had No Impact on Gun Homicides

    "The Brady Bill seems to have been a failure," Cook told a sparsely attended lecture in Caplin Pavilion March 11. "But that doesn't mean gun control is doomed to failure." - Study Shows Brady Bill Had No Impact on Gun Homicides
    Why would it considering the fact that gun violence isn't the result of legal gun owners.

    95% of these murders are committed by gangbangers, however all the media does is expose the 5% that are committed by legal gun owners... Of course when the media does report on gangsta gun violence they make it seem as if the gangbanger who shot the other gangbanger obtained his/her gun legally - which is never the case.

    I'm from the Chicagoland area, I read the paper every day and I can tell anyone that when you see the headline "7 dead 45 shot over the weekend" on the Chicago Tribune - those shootings are generally gang/ghetto related and 99.9% of the time they happen in the ghetto.

    The town I grew up in has had 3 homicides in the last 30 years yet only one was the result of a gun and was committed by a teenager, yet everyone has guns in my community. Hell, ever since I can remember I haven't heard of a legal gun owner committing a crime with his/her gun. Sure in surrounding communities there have been murders but they were gangbangers (individuals who cant legally own firearms) doing the shooting.

    So how the hell would a background check matter when it's not those who pass the background check and who legally own guns and who don't murder people be to blame?

  5. #345
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Why would it considering the fact that gun violence isn't the result of legal gun owners.

    95% of these murders are committed by gangbangers, however all the media does is expose the 5% that are committed by legal gun owners... Of course when the media does report on gangsta gun violence they make it seem as if the gangbanger who shot the other gangbanger obtained his/her gun legally - which is never the case.

    I'm from the Chicagoland area, I read the paper every day and I can tell anyone that when you see the headline "7 dead 45 shot over the weekend" on the Chicago Tribune - those shootings are generally gang/ghetto related and 99.9% of the time they happen in the ghetto.

    The town I grew up in has had 3 homicides in the last 30 years yet only one was the result of a gun and was committed by a teenager, yet everyone has guns in my community. Hell, ever since I can remember I haven't heard of a legal gun owner committing a crime with his/her gun. Sure in surrounding communities there have been murders but they were gangbangers (individuals who cant legally own firearms) doing the shooting.

    So how the hell would a background check matter when it's not those who pass the background check and who legally own guns and who don't murder people be to blame?
    Yea! Bring it, lol.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-01-13 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    #1 I was born and raised in Chicago. Been in Florida 7 years.
    #2 Did you read what I was responding to?
    #3 You are preaching to the choir.

    Please don't assume based on one reply that was part of multiple statements.

    You read one reply and jump to a conclusion that has literally nothing to do with my post.
    I was agreeing with you, I was just adding my own opinion.

    Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

    All I wanted to add was the fact that 95% of gun crimes are not committed by legal gun owners, however the media implies they are and idiots buy it.

  7. #347
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I was agreeing with you, I was just adding my own opinion.

    Sorry if you took it the wrong way.
    OHHHHH! Dimmit tone etc. is so lost on the internet, lol.

    I apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    OHHHHH! Dimmit tone etc. is so lost on the internet, lol.

    I apologies.
    No worries man...

    Probably my fault anyways because I have a tendency to over-elaborate, which at times can confuse an individual on my intent.

  9. #349
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,584

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Since the facts prove that Heung Cho killed more ADULTS with a handgun at a college campus than children were killed by Adam Lanza in 10 minutes with a Bushmaster, I would say that a thinking man would actually have his answer. Unless of course you were intent on making this be about the assault rifle. If THAT were the case you would ignore the facts about Cho...and Holmes...and Kinkel...and Columbine..and cling to the eeeevil assault rifle rhetoric.
    Cho killed more people because he was shooting into a room a hundreds and Lanza was shooting into a room of dozens. Come on, you know that. This is why I asked you the question: Two people, two otherwise identical scenarios, on has a bush master, the other a pistol. And you evade the answer with garbage. This assault rifle debate sucks up all the national conversation and until people stop doing the song and dance we'll keep having the circular arguments. You can pretend you don't get it as long as you want but I know that you're not stupid enough to be unable to comprehend that a gun that shoots faster can kill more people.
    A working class hero is something to be

  10. #350
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,584

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    since when are rights based on need?
    Since forever in the way I used the term. Do you know the part about not being able to yell "fire" in a crowded theater? That's because it causes harm and nobody needs to do it. The second amendment uses the word "necessary" in its premise - that's a synonym for need(ed) in case you were not aware.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Who are you to determine what I need to protect my family and property? Each person has there unique needs and preferences when it comes to firearms or any other defense mechanism. To make a blanket statement of "you don't need them" is the height of arrogance showing a complete lack for situational preferences. You may not like some of the choices available and that's fine, but you have no right deny others from making their own choices...
    You don't need is a saying widely used by individuals talking about what is and isn't necessary. Have you ever heard somebody at the gas station say "you don't need to sign the receipt?" Did you respond with "who are you to determine what I do with my receipt?"

    I really prefer an RPG to protect my family. And land mines. It's up to me and I determined that land mines in the public park are what will best protect me, because all the guys who look scary hang out at the park. Needless to say, part of the role of the government is to regulate what is and isn't necessary in the scope of personal defense.
    Last edited by Mustachio; 02-01-13 at 09:53 AM.
    A working class hero is something to be

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •