Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 490

Thread: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

  1. #281
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What has been ruled to be an infringement?
    Back to the samel ole' drole response. Do you ever get tired of being a broken record?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #282
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Maybe to you, but have some pity on we, not so rich, law abiding folks.

    If you want to reduce gun/ammo access to crazies then don't give them student loans/grants like the Batloon in CO. Legalize drugs and cut criminal/gang profits too. Many things can be done without simply taxing things for everyone to make rights too expensive to afford.
    You are assuming I knew about the Batloon in CO. I'm all for legalizing drugs, I'm all for increasing enforcement of gun laws, and I support further restricting access to gun and high capacity magazines to criminals and crazies.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #283
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Back to the samel ole' drole response. Do you ever get tired of being a broken record?
    Facts are stubborn things!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #284
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Criminals and crazies can currently buy cheap guns at gun shows in 40 states without a background check. New York City found that 85% of the guns used in murders there came from out of state.

    The idea is to make harder and more expensive for criminals and crazies to acquire guns.
    Are you trying to make a point? Basically, what you post here is that criminals and "crazies" will find a way to acquire weapons regardless of the laws where they reside. I'm feeling your agreement with my previous post...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #285
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You ALWAYS side with those few minority voices that fit your ideology and ignore facts and reality. There is a...trend...
    Once again you make derogatory comments and present nothing to back up your case. There is a...trend...
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #286
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Are you trying to make a point? Basically, what you post here is that criminals and "crazies" will find a way to acquire weapons regardless of the laws where they reside. I'm feeling your agreement with my previous post...
    The point I made was that criminals and crazies will get there guns from the cheapest, easiest place possible, right now that is at gun shows without a background check in 40 states.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #287
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Facts are stubborn things!
    When you get some come back.

    Speaking of which...

    Still waiting on that proof that the courts ruled that the 2nd amendment only applied to militias btw....
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #288
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    When you get some come back.

    Speaking of which...

    Still waiting on that proof that the courts ruled that the 2nd amendment only applied to militias btw....
    Already provided it:



    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "For more than a hundred years, the answer was clear, even if the words of the amendment itself were not.

    The text of the amendment is divided into two clauses and is, as a whole, ungrammatical: “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” The courts had found that the first part, the “militia clause,” trumped the second part, the “bear arms” clause. In other words, according to the Supreme Court, and the lower courts as well, the amendment conferred on state militias a right to bear arms—but did not give individuals a right to own or carry a weapon."

    "Chief Justice Warren E. Burger, who was no liberal, mocked the individual-rights theory of the amendment as “a fraud.”

    So You Think You Know the Second Amendment? : The New Yorker
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #289
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The point I made was that criminals and crazies will get there guns from the cheapest, easiest place possible, right now that is at gun shows without a background check in 40 states.
    Did Adam Lanza visit a gun show to acquire the weapons he used? Did his mother? Your argument is faulty in its basic premise...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #290
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Did Adam Lanza visit a gun show to acquire the weapons he used? Did his mother? Your argument is faulty in its basic premise...
    One that didn't doesn't negate the many that do. No one has claimed we will stop every criminal and crazy from getting their hands on guns. The idea is to make it harder and more expensive for them.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •