Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 490

Thread: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

  1. #161
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,684

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Those murders in Chicago only make it more obvious how lax our Federal laws are. Keep pointing it out.
    Almost as lax...and effective as our 'drug laws', right?

  2. #162
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    "The Brady bill reduced access so far to 1.9 million people that could not pass the background check, mostly felons"

    Whoever said that...they were either lying or very very mistaken...wouldnt you say?
    That is shown in DOJ statistics. You have provided nothing yet to refute the DOJ statistics.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #163
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,684

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    That is shown in DOJ statistics. You have provided nothing yet to refute the DOJ statistics.
    You cant even be honest about your own lies, even when they are proven to be lies by NUMEROUS sources. To recap...you posted one line from the Brady people (and they even told you HOW to use it OMG)...and your one line was refuted by numerous sources. We are done here.

  4. #164
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You cant even be honest about your own lies, even when they are proven to be lies by NUMEROUS sources. To recap...you posted one line from the Brady people (and they even told you HOW to use it OMG)...and your one line was refuted by numerous sources. We are done here.
    Your so called sources are based on your unproven premise that it is illegal for a criminal to fail a background check without purchasing a weapon.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #165
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,340

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Apparently, your 'experience' is not the same as Attorney General Betty Montgomery's 'experience'.
    What I was asking was for verification of your statistics. I was not questioning them. I also was wondering if there are any later statistics.

    Thanks.

  6. #166
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,684

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Your so called sources are based on your unproven premise that it is illegal for a criminal to fail a background check without purchasing a weapon.
    It is illegal for a felon to attempt to purchase or possess a firearm. It has also been COMPLETELY debunked that those that failed are 'mostly felons'. Good thing that, because IF they were MOSTLY FELONS they should have been arrested tried and convicted. Now...back to the Brady Site and see if there is another talking point one liner, complete with instructions of how to use it (BTW...good lord...that has to be the most pathetic thing I have seen posted on this site. Propaganda notes with INSTRUCTIONS??? )

  7. #167
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,684

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    What I was asking was for verification of your statistics. I was not questioning them. I also was wondering if there are any later statistics.

    Thanks.
    Take it up with her honor. I dont have access to her research...just her statement of fact.

  8. #168
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,593

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    That is shown in DOJ statistics. You have provided nothing yet to refute the DOJ statistics.
    You have been asked, many times, why this "illegal" activity was not prosecuted, yet have not answered that basic question. We have plenty of laws making abuse (criminal use) of a gun a very serious crime, yet seem to lack the means (or will) to enforce them. Most gun crime occurs in "the hood" and even when committed in front of numerous "witnesses" none can be found willing to tesify; that is the sad truth. The culture of gang/drug violence is the main problem, yet the laws against it require witnesses to identify and prosecute those criminals.

    The "easy way", now being sought by "liberals", is to make the possession of an "illegal" gun into a crime, removing the need for a witness, as the LEO alone can testify that an "illegal" gun was possessed by the "gansta". The rub, of course, is that idea requires making all guns be registered to be "legal" and/or permits to "legally" carry guns be required for all "law abiding" citizens. In other words, to catch/deter "bad guys" we need to place as many restrictions and taxes on the "good guys" as possible.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #169
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It is illegal for a felon to attempt to purchase or possess a firearm. It has also been COMPLETELY debunked that those that failed are 'mostly felons'. Good thing that, because IF they were MOSTLY FELONS they should have been arrested tried and convicted. Now...back to the Brady Site and see if there is another talking point one liner, complete with instructions of how to use it (BTW...good lord...that has to be the most pathetic thing I have seen posted on this site. Propaganda notes with INSTRUCTIONS??? )
    Still nothing to confirm your premise that it is illegal to just fail a background check?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #170
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,684

    Re: Senate gun hearing opens with Giffords' call for action

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Still nothing to confirm your premise that it is illegal to just fail a background check?
    People dont randomly perfomr background checks. They fill out this long form when attempting to purchase a weapon, then the background check is done. It is a federal form. The background check isnt done if you answer that you are a felon. If they were felons and had proceeded to the point where they had a background check done, they violated federal law. But obviously from your repeated dodge you know A-your statement that the majority of them were criminals is a lie and B-you also know...they werent arrested and convicted. But then...we also know its not your fault. They didnt tell you what to say beyond a one line talking point.

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •