Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 422

Thread: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years[W: 395]

  1. #181
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Makes sense... Just look at how the jobs numbers were "massaged" a month before the election.
    How were the jobs numbers "massaged" a month before the election?


  2. #182
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    BTW..Conservative...been following the news? Looks like all those low paying wage jobs that Texas has brought in is also having the consequence of turning Texas into a swing state. LOL....I'll be thinking of you every time the GOP loses another election because without Texas the GOP doesn't have a shot.
    Actually for the last coupe of years Texas has moved towards a more Conservative legislature than it's ever had. And that's with cities like Austin and Houston and Dallas who have large liberal contingencies. So you don't know what your'e talking about.

    Maybe you should actual read the news and not some Daily Kos liberal piece . We here in Texas value honesty, hard work and incentivizing the private sector plus no STATE INCOME TAXES....and we have a excess of revenue. Texas basically exist to counter any liberal meme lie by proving the polar opposite is effective.

    You can keep your misinformation and nonsensical rhetoric and joblessness and union thuggery as more and more liberal blue plague states slink away into default.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  3. #183
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    United States GDP Growth Rate

    What I can't figure out is how 3rd quarter growth could be 3.1% and then just tank in the fourth quarter. You would think Christmas alone would be enough to spark the economy a little.

    I'm beginning to wonder if those 3rd quarter numbers weren't a little bit "massaged"...
    A decline in both federal investment and exports will do the trick. Personal consumption, meanwhile weighed in at a higher level than the previous mark.

    Why stop there in that case? If the BEA simply alters growth figures to their liking, why the sudden dip? Mood swings?

  4. #184
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How were the jobs numbers "massaged" a month before the election?
    The same way they massaged the last quarter GDP #'S. With full on lies and trickery.

    They Fed govt inflated the last quarter GDP #'s with massive spending with borrowed dollars. When a economist on CNN said it wasn't such a bad thing because you had to use the median number of the last quarter and this quarter to come up with a GDP of 1.5% he failed to mention this.

    Truth is the median is actually closer to .8 GDP. And that after Christmas, Holiday Shopping no less.

    It's a testament to the damage Obama's done to our economy and a symbol whats to come. It what happens when you let idiots vote, we all pay the price.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  5. #185
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    A decline in both federal investment and exports will do the trick. Personal consumption, meanwhile weighed in at a higher level than the previous mark.

    Why stop there in that case? If the BEA simply alters growth figures to their liking, why the sudden dip? Mood swings?
    Be honest ok ? Explain why the last quarters GDP #s were so High. 3.1% ? Why ?
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  6. #186
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Be honest ok ? Explain why the last quarters GDP #s were so High. 3.1% ? Why ?
    Primarily due to an increase in both private and federal investment, but don't take my word for it.

    http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/nati...dp3q12_3rd.pdf

  7. #187
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Primarily due to an increase in both private and federal investment, but don't take my word for it.

    http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/nati...dp3q12_3rd.pdf
    It was a massive increase in Federal expenditures, not "private investment". From your PDF....

    Real federal government consumption expenditures and gross investment increased 9.5 percent
    in the third quarter, in contrast to a decrease of 0.2 percent in the second. National defense increased
    12.9 percent, in contrast to a decrease of 0.2 percent. Nondefense increased 3.0 percent, in contrast to a
    decrease of 0.4 percent. Real state and local government consumption expenditures and gross
    investment increased 0.3 percent, in contrast to a decrease of 1.0 percent.

    If you try to tell the truth, or try not to inflict your ideology on economic data that doesn't support your opinion, does your tongue burn ?
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  8. #188
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Primarily due to an increase in both private and federal investment, but don't take my word for it.

    http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/nati...dp3q12_3rd.pdf
    It was a massive increase in Federal expenditures, WITH BORROWED MONEY NO LESS, not "private investment". From your PDF....

    Real federal government consumption expenditures and gross investment increased 9.5 percent
    in the third quarter, in contrast to a decrease of 0.2 percent in the second. National defense increased
    12.9 percent, in contrast to a decrease of 0.2 percent. Nondefense increased 3.0 percent, in contrast to a
    decrease of 0.4 percent. Real state and local government consumption expenditures and gross
    investment increased 0.3 percent, in contrast to a decrease of 1.0 percent.

    If you try to tell the truth, or try not to inflict your ideology on economic data that doesn't support your opinion, does your tongue burn ?
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  9. #189
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    It was a massive increase in Federal expenditures, WITH BORROWED MONEY NO LESS, not "private investment". From your PDF....

    If you try to tell the truth, or try not to inflict your ideology on economic data that doesn't support your opinion, does your tongue burn ?
    Residential investment increased by 13.5 percentage points. Nearly a full percentage point contribution from private investment realm in all, contrasted with less than a tenth in the previous quarter. Table 2 on the aforementioned PDF if you're interested in the nuts and bolts rather than mud slinging.
    Last edited by a351; 01-30-13 at 10:32 PM.

  10. #190
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Economy shrinks for first time in 3 1/2 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The same way they massaged the last quarter GDP #'S. With full on lies and trickery.

    They Fed govt inflated the last quarter GDP #'s with massive spending with borrowed dollars. When a economist on CNN said it wasn't such a bad thing because you had to use the median number of the last quarter and this quarter to come up with a GDP of 1.5% he failed to mention this.

    Truth is the median is actually closer to .8 GDP. And that after Christmas, Holiday Shopping no less.

    It's a testament to the damage Obama's done to our economy and a symbol whats to come. It what happens when you let idiots vote, we all pay the price.
    How did the unemployment figures get "massaged?" Take your conspiracies to the conspiracy forum.


Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •