Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 603

Thread: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

  1. #461
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    ...I'm just sick of the reflexive defense of Israel. If they nuked New York, it wouldn't even phase these guys.
    Yes, did you notice too. Israel does seem to benefit a reflexive defense from USA no matter what they do. Why is that so I wonder?

    Though I quoted you, the question is open to anyone of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  2. #462
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    Why would one wait for the sensationalism and undetailed accounts of foreign news orgs when I could read respected local papers like Times of Israel and Hareetz?
    No sensationalism here:

    While Gamzo stopped short of admitting any wrongdoing by the ministry, he did acknowledge the allegation that many women were given shots of the drug without fully understanding its effects... Last week, Gamzo wrote to the HMOs that, without “taking a position or determining any facts based on the allegations,” he instructed that doctors not renew Depo-Provera prescriptions for either Ethiopian women or those of any other nationality “if there is any concern that they do not understand the implications of the treatment.”
    Israel changes birth-control policy for Ethiopian immigrants | The Times of Israel

    Nor here:

    Gamzu’s letter instructs all gynecologists in the HMOs "not to renew prescriptions for Depo-Provera for women of Ethiopian origin if for any reason there is concern that they might not understand the ramifications of the treatment.”
    Israel admits Ethiopian women were given birth control shots Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper


    See the headlines? Just the facts.

  3. #463
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283]

    These cites have already offered in the string. So why wait for CNN or BBC, when the local media is bound to be more thorough?

  4. #464
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    These cites have already offered in the string. So why wait for CNN or BBC, when the local media is bound to be more thorough?
    To filter the BS out of headlines like this:

    Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent - Middle East - World - The Independent

    Granted, the two articles you mentioned will do to note of how minor the TV story is.


    From the OP article:

    Israel has admitted for the first time that it has been giving Ethiopian Jewish immigrants birth-control injections, often without their knowledge or consent.

    The government had previously denied the practice but the Israeli Health Ministry’s director-general has now ordered gynaecologists to stop administering the drugs.
    Bold false.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 01-30-13 at 03:51 AM.

  5. #465
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    To filter the BS out of headlines like this:

    Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent - Middle East - World - The Independent




    Granted, the two you mentioned will do.
    I posted an article from Haaretz on the second page. Again, no one is claiming anything conclusive, but the outright denials come off lacking

  6. #466
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I posted an article from Haaretz on the second page. Again, no one is claiming anything conclusive, but the outright denials come off lacking
    Why, because there is evidence to suggest genocide?

  7. #467
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Why, because there is evidence to suggest genocide?
    No, there is evidence of women of a certain ethnic background being coerced into taking contraceptives. Not sure what your fixation on genocide is, maybe it's an intent to downplay what possibly might have happened by misrepresenting the views of those that disagree with you? If so, seems rather unnecessary

  8. #468
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, there is evidence of women of a certain ethnic background being coerced into taking contraceptives. Not sure what your fixation on genocide is, maybe it's an intent to downplay what possibly might have happened by misrepresenting the views of those that disagree with you? If so, seems rather unnecessary
    If this happened to a couple women, and that's the end of the allegations - it's not newsworthy. If it is a couple of isolated events where family planning advisors were a bit overzealous (if I might), that happens in America to Americans and everywhere else - that's not news.

    Without the grand accusation (institutionalized discrimination and deception for sterilization) this story is mundane local news at most.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 01-30-13 at 04:27 AM.

  9. #469
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    If this happened to a couple women, and that's the end of the allegations - it's not newsworthy. If it is a couple of isolated events where family planning advisors were a bit overzealous (if I might), that happens in America to Americans and everywhere else - that's not news.

    Without the grand accusation (institutionalized discrimination and deception for sterilization) this story is mundane local news at most.
    Again, there is nothing to even remoty support the idea it would be limited to the women interviewed.

  10. #470
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Again, there is nothing to even remoty support the idea it would be solely limited to the women interviewed.
    So, it IS a wider conspiracy!

Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •