Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 603

Thread: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

  1. #411
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I just want to establish that you are maintaining your position that this TV show might prove that Israel is committing genocide, even after I've (painstakingly) explained everything from macro flaws to fine sociological omissions of arriving at such a position.
    lol, again, you speculating on what issues *might* exist with the data isn't the same as actually highlighting issues with the data. Not sure how many times I can point that out

    you don't like that? What can I say, life can be a real bitch sometimes

  2. #412
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    02-04-13 @ 12:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    198

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    40 women out of maybe 60,000...is not an example of genocide or even genocidal intentions.

  3. #413
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    False claims against the Government are false claims against the Government, regardless if some of the citizens want something else.
    you have evidence they were false? Surprising that you haven't felt the need to actually document that in the thread where we are actively discussing the subject. Also, I was speaking to your general ignorance on the subject and characterizing the entire thing as an open arm festival of love, which the above quip doesn't actually address

  4. #414
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Good grief, look at how many posts have been dedicated to what "sterilization" means as if it mattered to what the accusations claim.
    Good grief is right!
    Contraception is different from sterilization. Far, far different.
    And you don't think it matters?
    You don't think it matters to get the story straight instead of trying to make the base allegations appear more nefarious?

    "Good grief" is right!

  5. #415
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Spring99 View Post
    40 women out of maybe 60,000...is not an example of genocide or even genocidal intentions.
    Interviewing 40 women does not mean such was limited to 40 women.


    This is something that was just pointed out to you ...

  6. #416
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    you have evidence they were false? Surprising that you haven't felt the need to actually document that in the thread where we are actively discussing the subject. Also, I was speaking to your general ignorance on the subject and characterizing the entire thing as an open arm festival of love, which the above quip doesn't actually address
    In this thread we are discussing one specific incident.
    You interjected with the following which has nothing to do with this specific incident.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I suggest reading up on the history of the subject. It's a very contentious issue with a complex history, that hardly amounts to an open arm welcome from all of Israeli society
    My answer is directed toward that remark and not this specific incident.
    Most people would not have difficulty understanding that.
    Regardless of the truism I responded with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    False claims against the Government are false claims against the Government, regardless if some of the citizens want something else.
    Last edited by Excon; 01-30-13 at 12:01 AM.

  7. #417
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    lol, again, you speculating on what issues *might* exist with the data isn't the same as actually highlighting issues with the data. Not sure how many times I can point that out
    Actually, it is. I've examined the "method" and the "results" and I've provided an educated criticism of them. Reading the entire "study" conducted by the TV show is not necessary to dismiss genocide as a conclusion, based upon the results obtained and even including the uncited pop data.

    you don't like that? What can I say, life can be a real bitch sometimes
    Don't get all tough guy on me. I was a grunt and spent 2 years in rural Africa without electricity or running water (and dirt floors). I know how tough life can be.

    And I know outrageous speculation based on sensationalist TV when I see it.

  8. #418
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    In this thread we are discussing one specific incident.
    You interjected with the following which has nothing to do with this specific incident.
    Yes, we are speaking about a specific incident, and to defend your position on that specific incident you cited the fact that the Israelis freely accepted these people. I pointed out that this was a gross over simplification of the events surrounding their immigration into Israel. So am unsure how responding to something YOU brought up, to defend your position in the discussion, has no place in the discussion

  9. #419
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Anyone seen this story at CNN, BBC, etc? I mean the TV show accusations, not the announcement by Israel that such procedures must be focused upon and carefully attended.

  10. #420
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    re: Israel gave birth control to Ethiopian Jews without their consent [W:283,569]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Good grief is right!
    Contraception is different from sterilization. Far, far different.
    And you don't think it matters?
    You don't think it matters to get the story straight instead of trying to make the base allegations appear more nefarious?

    "Good grief" is right!
    I'm typing this real slow so pay attention.

    There are accusations that the Israeli Government is misrepresenting the purpose and the substance which they are injecting into allegedly targeted Ethiopian Jews. One of the side effects was that ovulation was inhibited in these women without their knowledge.

    I don't care about your semantic argument as it isn't central to what the real issue is here.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •