Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

  1. #41
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,361

    Re: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Besides, just the mother? Who else screwed this up?
    The adoption agency that put the adoption together. I saw this case a few months ago. They are going to get nailed to the wall.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  2. #42
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

    Viktyr . . . I don't comprehend the apparent level of loathing you have for this man.

    You've insulted him in every way possible - because he loves his biological child. Why is that so wrong? Why is it so wrong for a father to love his child and want to raise his child? You make it sound like it's a disgusting sin.

    If he wasn't lied to by the mother he probably would have gone about it differently . . . you're holding some heavy spite for a loving parent who wants to do the right thing.

    The one you should be loathing is the mother - who couldn't handle this situation maturely and instead was the one who made the choices that put their child in this horrid situation.

    When parents make decisions on behalf of their children out of spite towards the former partner - the children suffer . . . and the partner is often unfairly cast into a pit of ****.

    There's nothing wrong with a father loving his child and wanting to raise his child . . . no matter what you believe. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    ... "so?" One biological parent has devoted actual effort and resources into creating the child. The other just got his rocks off.
    If you are going to complain about nature than you are clearly talking to the wrong person here. If god exists I recommend taking up your complaints of nature to him/her/whatever. I have no control of these things and clearly if a woman is going be a biological parent than she will need to carry the child for nine months and if a man is going to be biological parent all he has to do is get his rocks off. Its called nature and these kind of complaints have no real purpose.

    If you don't understand that rights don't come from work than there is no reason to continue this with you.

    No, it absolutely does not trump the act of actually raising the child. Genetics has nothing to do with raising a child. It is absolutely, completely, and totally irrelevant.
    Again, so what? You do not need to raise a child in any shape or form in order to be a father. It is not required, it is not needed, and it does not go towards answering the question being asked. It instead answers the question of who is caring for the child as a father figure. Which is an entirely different question that deals with social workings of the practice of fatherhood.

    Biological "fatherhood" is a completely arbitrary standard upon which to base any kind of parental rights or responsibilities. One thing simply has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
    No, its entirely not arbitrary. It is the perfect measurement of who has parental rights in these situations as clearly the first individuals to have parental rights has to be the actual biological parents. You see, when the child is born parental rights are gained and until those are lifted it is the job of the state to protect the parental rights of the parents. Doing otherwise is failing as a state to protect the family unit and the purpose for parental rights to begin with.
    Last edited by Henrin; 01-28-13 at 09:28 AM.

  4. #44
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,361

    Re: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Viktyr . . . I don't comprehend the apparent level of loathing you have for this man.

    You've insulted him in every way possible - because he loves his biological child. Why is that so wrong? Why is it so wrong for a father to love his child and want to raise his child? You make it sound like it's a disgusting sin.

    If he wasn't lied to by the mother he probably would have gone about it differently . . . you're holding some heavy spite for a loving parent who wants to do the right thing.

    The one you should be loathing is the mother - who couldn't handle this situation maturely and instead was the one who made the choices that put their child in this horrid situation.

    When parents make decisions on behalf of their children out of spite towards the former partner - the children suffer . . . and the partner is often unfairly cast into a pit of ****.

    There's nothing wrong with a father loving his child and wanting to raise his child . . . no matter what you believe. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    I have one co-worker here express similar opinions to Viktyr. Very similar actually. What is scary is the fact he actually believes it and is not just trying to provoke us. I actually feel sorry for him as he has no children so cannot understand the bond and he will probably die a sad, lonely old man. Truly sad.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  5. #45
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I would also be very curious to know how a mother can put a child up for adoption without the fathers consent?
    "I don't know who the father is".
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #46
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Yes, I am.



    Upon what basis do you call it his child? He didn't gestate the girl for nine months. He didn't raise the girl for twenty-two months. The only claim to fatherhood this man had-- before the court wrongfully tore the child away from her parents-- was the fact that he ****ed the child's mother. Maybe. Has there even been a paternity test to find out the child was not the product of an affair? That's a fairly common reason for married women to abort, after all.



    Again, what makes you think he should have rights under these circumstances?



    Fathers have rights. Sperm donors don't. Until his wife-- his ex-wife now-- places that child in his arms, he's not a father and he should have neither the rights nor the responsibilities thereof.



    Society does a lot of things wrong. Look at this case. Just because society isn't consistent doesn't mean that I'm not.
    I'm sorry, but she doesn't have the right to negate his parentage simply because she carried the child for 9 months and didn't want it. She made it impossible for him to be the father he apparently wanted to be, and instead chose to hand the child off to somebody else against the bio-dad's wishes. He should have MORE rights than the adoptive parents if the child is genetically his. To say otherwise is just asinine. If the bitch carried the kid to term, the father has every single right on the planet to claim the child as his.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  7. #47
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Pfeh. That is an entirely arbitrary and senseless standard upon which to base paternity.



    He should never have had rights to the child to begin with.



    A father is a man that raises children and has sworn an oath to do so. Knocking a woman up doesn't make you a father.
    He was never given the chance to be the father he was apparently all to willing to be. The genetic paternity is NOT arbitrary and, all else being equal, should give the man an advantage over the adoptive couple in an at-birth scenario. I'm sorry, Vik, but your views are ridiculous, and I'll bet my entire savings you'd sing a different tune if your biological child was birthed and sent away against your wishes.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #48
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Other than biologically, there is no basis upon which to call him the father of the little girl.
    Yes, other than actually being a father, there's no basis for calling him a father. :P

  9. #49
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Viktyr . . . I don't comprehend the apparent level of loathing you have for this man.
    I don't loathe this man any more than everyone else on this thread apparently hates the child's rightful parents-- the parents that have loved her and raised her these two years until the courts took her from them.

    My heart breaks for him, but it breaks even more for them and for their poor little girl.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If you are going to complain about nature than you are clearly talking to the wrong person here. If god exists I recommend taking up your complaints of nature to him/her/whatever. I have no control of these things and clearly if a woman is going be a biological parent than she will need to carry the child for nine months and if a man is going to be biological parent all he has to do is get his rocks off. Its called nature and these kind of complaints have no real purpose.
    I'm not complaining about nature. I'm pointing out that in nature there is a real and valid reason for why there is such a profound difference in the reproductive rights of men and women. You are arguing for a false equivalence between men and women that can only come about by ignoring the reality of human reproduction-- in which the female bears sole responsibility and is the sole provider of the time, effort, and resources it takes to produce a viable infant from a zygote. You later go on to argue that the act of raising a child is of less importance than the act, not even of creating a child, but the act of conceiving one.

    It's curious that everyone in this thread seems so eager to accuse me of having no regard for fathers and fatherhood when you are making these arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    He was never given the chance to be the father he was apparently all to willing to be. The genetic paternity is NOT arbitrary and, all else being equal, should give the man an advantage over the adoptive couple in an at-birth scenario. I'm sorry, Vik, but your views are ridiculous, and I'll bet my entire savings you'd sing a different tune if your biological child was birthed and sent away against your wishes.
    Let's pray that we never find out. What a horrible situation.

  10. #50
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Sgt. Reunited With Baby Given Up for Adoption

    I see - well I don't loath the adoptive parents because they didn't do anything wrong.

    The birth mother did the wrong and so have legislators by failing to address the rights that biological fathers do have. . .it's a problem in our society - we don't consider their place as a parent enough.

    Yet we'll chastise them when they're 'not there' . . . in essence - our society tells fathers to **** off, they don't matter as much - and then get angry when they do exactly that.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •