Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I did not say they were wrong, just that the constitution is screwed up like normal. A job needs to get done, and like always part of congress cannot get their asses in gear and do their jobs. yes, it is their job to approve someone, but this allowing them to get away with avoiding that approval is screwed up. this is why the process needs to be changed so that they can no longer undermine the operation of america because of their bigotry.


    really, that was terrible. this is the reps deliberately sabotaging the country because they don't like that black people are allowed to be anything other than slaves. If we had some sort of terrorist attack that prevented the operaion of the government as they have we would be torturing and killing people. but you are all for sabotaging america as long as it is done by a republican. nice attitude.


    Yes, it is the reps fault, and they are proud as hell about it. they stopped the evil black president.

    but it is good that we can see your real motives. As a constitutionalist you would obviously support the slavery, racism, sexism, and preference towards rich white elite lawyers that was enshrined in it. Some of us recognize the flaws of the people who wrote the thing, the fact it is not some divine and perfect document, and the fact it needs to be changed. remember i am not the one bragging about supporting the constitution despite many of it's clear flaws. You claimed you liked what it was about, and agreed with it's overwhelming flaws and the fact it has always worked for the power structure of white men as it was written to do.
    Right there is the Problem with your reasoning. You say the Constitution is screwed up. Like most Progressives and Liberals do. Moreover while you try and blame Republicans for Democrats voting against Obama. Perhaps you should read up on history before accusing Republicans of deliberately sabotaging the Country and blaming those who stood for the Rights of Blacks and Women!

    Course then you shouldn't be so upset when the Chief Justice Stood Upon Constitutional Law.....evidenced.

    The White House had no immediate comment, but is expected to appeal the decision. The same issue is currently before several other federal appeals courts.

    "With this ruling, the D.C. Circuit has soundly rejected the Obama administration's flimsy interpretation of the law, and will go a long way toward restoring the constitutional separation of powers," said Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah.

    The court's decision is a victory for Republicans and business groups that have been attacking the labor board for issuing a series of decisions and rules that make it easier for the nation's labor unions to organize new members.

    Obama made the recess appointments on Jan. 4, 2012, after Senate Republicans spent months blocking his choices for an agency they contended was biased in favor of unions. Obama claims he acted properly because the Senate was away for the holidays on a 20-day recess. The Constitution allows for such appointments without Senate approval when Congress is in recess.

    But during that time, GOP lawmakers argued, the Senate technically had stayed in session because it was gaveled in and out every few days for so-called "pro forma" sessions.

    "Either the Senate is in session, or it is in recess," Chief Judge David Sentelle wrote in the 46-page ruling. "If it has broken for three days within an ongoing session, it is not in "the Recess" described in the Constitution."

    Simply taking a break of an evening or a weekend during a regular working session cannot count, he said. Sentelle said that otherwise "the president could make appointments any time the Senate so much as broke for lunch."

    The judge rejected arguments from the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel, which claimed the president has discretion to decide that the Senate is unavailable to perform its advice and consent function.

    "Allowing the president to define the scope of his own appointment power would eviscerate the Constitution's separation of powers," Sentelle wrote.....snip~

    Court: Obama appointments are unconstitutional - Yahoo! News

    D.C. Circuit.....and as the Chief Justice Pointed out. Allowing the President to define the scope of his own appointment power would eviscerate the Constitution's separation of Powers.

    Of course that Counsel for the President from the Justice Dept tried to argue that the President has discretion to decide that the Senate was unable to perform its advice and consent function.

    Nothing like Obama trying to get round that Constitution with playing Partisan Politics.....while trying to expand the Powers of the Presidency.

  2. #32
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    it is about the only thing you can do when a bunch of toddlers pitch a hissy. When your two year old decides to stop everything because they want to pitch a fit you don't allow them to. republicans want to act like two year olds and break the country because they cannot deal with a black president and his choices then he should deal with them in the fashion that they act and get the job done.
    Uhhh, there it is.................THE RACE CARD.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #33
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    it is about the only thing you can do when a bunch of toddlers pitch a hissy. When your two year old decides to stop everything because they want to pitch a fit you don't allow them to. republicans want to act like two year olds and break the country because they cannot deal with a black president and his choices then he should deal with them in the fashion that they act and get the job done.
    I know this has been pointed out to you, but I'm not sure you understand it. It wasn't the republicans who were playing games that made these non-recess appointments unconstitutional - it was Harry Reid and the democrats. The republicans don't control the senate right now, nor did they then. Harry Reid was holding the senate out of recess.

    Maybe Harry has a problem with a black president.

  4. #34
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Uhhh, there it is.................THE RACE CARD.
    Is this your card he asked? lol
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  5. #35
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Last Seen
    02-06-14 @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    56

    Re: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    it is about the only thing you can do when a bunch of toddlers pitch a hissy. When your two year old decides to stop everything because they want to pitch a fit you don't allow them to. republicans want to act like two year olds and break the country because they cannot deal with a black president and his choices then he should deal with them in the fashion that they act and get the job done.
    Your fascination with the republicans so called hatred of a black president only shows how much of a racist you are.

  6. #36
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

    I thought liberals always trusted the courts, why not now?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #37
    User Skyrimosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18

    Re: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Uhhh, there it is.................THE RACE CARD.
    Hey, its the Democratic Ace in the Hole. When all logical arguing goes totally against your favor and those who disagree with your are from both sides of politics, just call Republicans racists.
    "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where
    they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I thought liberals always trusted the courts, why not now?
    Because the MS Media picked this up and got it out to the Public. Thus showing Obama got smacked down with beginning of his Second Term. So naturally they worry when the Media will flip and point out just how much of a Lame Duck Obama really is! Something they didn't have to worry about for the last 4 years. Looks Like all that is about to change.

  9. #39
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Because the MS Media picked this up and got it out to the Public. Thus showing Obama got smacked down with beginning of his Second Term. So naturally they worry when the Media will flip and point out just how much of a Lame Duck Obama really is! Something they didn't have to worry about for the last 4 years. Looks Like all that is about to change.
    That's uncharacteristic of the MSM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Court: Obama Appointments are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    That's uncharacteristic of the MSM.
    Well Boy Blunder Jay Carney said this was an Unprecedented move by the Fed Court of Appeals. Yet not once during his Press Conference did any point to him about Good Ole Harry being the Cause of this Fiasco.

    So yesterday after the Chief Justice that ruled on this heard Obama and Carney. He only had one thing to say.....The Constitution backs our Ruling. So he isn't even concerned about Obama taking it to the SCOTUS. Can't change the wording Now. Plus Carney lied about the other appointment. Which is in Appeals as well.

    WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama violated the Constitution when he bypassed the Senate last year to appoint three members of the National Labor Relations Board, a federal appeals court ruled Friday in a far-reaching decision that could severely limit a chief executive's powers to make recess appointments.

    The case challenging the recess appointments was brought by Noel Canning, a Washington state bottling company that claimed an NLRB decision against it was not valid because the board members were not properly appointed. The D.C. Circuit panel agreed.

    All three vacancies on the labor board had been open for months before Obama acted to fill them.

    If Obama's recess appointment of Cordray to the newly created consumer board is eventually ruled invalid, it could nullify all the regulations the consumer board has issued, many of which affect the mortgage business.....snip~

    Obama Labor Board Recess Appointments Are Unconstitutional, Federal Court Rules

    I just luv the part where Huff-Po says eventually will happen with Consumer Protection Bureau. Do you think that should give those on the left some insight as to where this is headed? Arent you glad we got Boy Blunder trying to spin of the MS media again their version of the Narrative.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •