Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 214

Thread: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

  1. #61
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    What is the bottom line Grim?

    You lied...

    Again...

    And you got caught...

    Again...
    I lied? Whatever you say.

  2. #62
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    You should at least understand the information you post before posting it. Coal still provides the cheapest $/GJ in the energy market, however states like Georgia benefit from NG because of the logisitics. There is a list of out there (about 28 pages) of energy plants that will be closing because of the latest EPA regs set to become effective by 2015.

    What I do understand about what I posted is that they are shutting down loads of coal power plants and opening natural gas plants in their stead. That's kind of the whole point so... don't know what actual on-topic gripe you got with my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #63
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I lied? Whatever you say.
    I don't think you lied Grim. I think you saw something you wanted to believe was true so you could cry about Obama some more and so never bothered to actually look at all the information or apply any critical thinking to it in your rush to get it posted here so you could cry some more about how evil that Obama guy is, despite this having exactly nmothing to do with Obama. You got played for a sucker by a nutbag right winger who was more than happy to lie, but you did not lie yourself.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #64
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I don't think you lied Grim. I think you saw something you wanted to believe was true so you could cry about Obama some more and so never bothered to actually look at all the information or apply any critical thinking to it in your rush to get it posted here so you could cry some more about how evil that Obama guy is, despite this having exactly nmothing to do with Obama. You got played for a sucker by a nutbag right winger who was more than happy to lie, but you did not lie yourself.
    Let's see... The head of the company blames the new EPA regs from the Obama administration, and the headline of the story reflects that... I'm afraid I did not not get taken and as we all know, those EPA regs were designed to either put coal fired plants out of business, making electricity rates soar, or force them to comply with regs that would still result in electricity rates to skyrocket.

    I'll let Obama sum it up for you:



    Of course he couldn't get his cap & trade legislation passed, so he instead bypassed congress and had the EPA set standards that would effectively do the same.

    You all can continue in your Obama worshiping dream world, but the facts are clear for those of us who aren't praying at his alter to see... And I did NOT lie.

  5. #65
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Yes, environment bad, jobs at any cost good!!

    Just ridiculous.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #66
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yes, environment bad, jobs at any cost good!!

    Just ridiculous.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but the new EPA regulations put into place by the Obama administration costing jobs and causing electricity rates to soar, is a FACT.

  7. #67
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Let's see... The head of the company blames the new EPA regs from the Obama administration, and the headline of the story reflects that... I'm afraid I did not not get taken and as we all know, those EPA regs were designed to either put coal fired plants out of business, making electricity rates soar, or force them to comply with regs that would still result in electricity rates to skyrocket.

    I'll let Obama sum it up for you:



    Of course he couldn't get his cap & trade legislation passed, so he instead bypassed congress and had the EPA set standards that would effectively do the same.

    You all can continue in your Obama worshiping dream world, but the facts are clear for those of us who aren't praying at his alter to see... And I did NOT lie.
    You want to document that claim Grim, and with more than some guy said so and I want to beleive it so it must be true?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #68
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yes, environment bad, jobs at any cost good!!

    Just ridiculous.
    That goes a little too far into hyperbole. There's always a trade off. We keep growing and using more electricity and we are stuck with losing near half of what we generate in the transmission. The rafters and the enviromentalists won't let us dam everything up (one of the cleanest large generation methods). Wind is good, where there's wind and you can put up with the noise. And nuclear has it own bad awful drawbacks. Finally, natural gas is better/cleaner to burn, but don't kid yourself the extraction is a nightmare shoved down the road. Oh, I forgot solar, easy to do, large scale generation is still in the trials.

    The coal generation we use today is nowhere close to the bad awfuls we had a few decades ago. The EPA was responsible for some of that. But they've forgotten the balance and the simple fact that if you don't have the replacement up and running BEFORE you close off the old, you're just asking for the pain.

  9. #69
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You want to document that claim Grim, and with more than some guy said so and I want to beleive it so it must be true?
    Document it? Isn't Obama's word good enough for you, or do you think he was lying?

  10. #70
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Document it? Isn't Obama's word good enough for you, or do you think he was lying?
    The EPA standards Obama put into place. Come on, every actual factual link posted here says it did not happen. I know, you blame Obama for everything, and you beleive ecery one who sways anything bad about him, but just once how about backing up a claim with something actually solid. We already know this company had problems that extended well beyond the EPA, and from the sound of it was pretty poorly managed, but you still some how blame Obama for it's failure. It's typical conservatism, play the victim.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •