Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 214

Thread: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

  1. #101
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,317
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Nor do I plan to...

    There are plenty of sources, including a report from the United States Senate, which confirms the existence of those regulations. Even Democratic Senator Thomas Carper, the chairman of the Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety, confirmed their existence when he was asked for his comments on Senator Inhofe's report by Marcia Yerman at the Huffington Post and said:


    "After decades of delay, last December (2011), the Environmental Protection Agency finally acted to require dirty coal and oil-fired power plants to clean up their mercury and deadly air toxic emissions. By targeting our nation's largest sources of mercury, this regulation requires polluters to reduce mercury emissions by 90 percent -- which will reduce the mercury that contaminates our streams and fish and end up in our children..."


    Let me guess... Even the Democratic senator is lying too, right? Since I know this is just about giving me a hard time and you really aren't that ill informed and out of touch, why don't you just end this nonsense? If you just can't bring yourself to quit this BS and decide you want to continue being an ass by pursuing this, then I'll tell you what I'll do... I will dig up the laws for you, provided you find someone from either the EPA or the Obama administration who denies the existence of the regulations that Senator Inhofe listed in his report?

    Your call...
    I find it very telling that you cannot find the regulations you are so sure exist.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #102
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,788

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Nor do I plan to...

    There are plenty of sources, including a report from the United States Senate, which confirms the existence of those regulations. Even Democratic Senator Thomas Carper, the chairman of the Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety, confirmed their existence when he was asked for his comments on Senator Inhofe's report by Marcia Yerman at the Huffington Post and said:


    "After decades of delay, last December (2011), the Environmental Protection Agency finally acted to require dirty coal and oil-fired power plants to clean up their mercury and deadly air toxic emissions. By targeting our nation's largest sources of mercury, this regulation requires polluters to reduce mercury emissions by 90 percent -- which will reduce the mercury that contaminates our streams and fish and end up in our children..."


    Let me guess... Even the Democratic senator is lying too, right? Since I know this is just about giving me a hard time and you really aren't that ill informed and out of touch, why don't you just end this nonsense? If you just can't bring yourself to quit this BS and decide you want to continue being an ass by pursuing this, then I'll tell you what I'll do... I will dig up the laws for you, provided you find someone from either the EPA or the Obama administration who denies the existence of the regulations that Senator Inhofe listed in his report?

    Your call...
    They probably exist. That doesn't mean Inhofe is giving a fair characterization of the regulations or their impacts. The man has a proven history of straight-up lies on environmental subjects, so why, exactly, should I take his word at face value?

    For that matter, why are you?

    That's the part you're not getting. It's not that Inhofe is lying about their existence. It's that he's quite likely lying, exaggerating, or misleading about their impacts and actual nature. (it wouldn't be the first time) Does that help?
    Last edited by Deuce; 01-26-13 at 06:41 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #103
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    They probably exist. That doesn't mean Inhofe is giving a fair characterization of the regulations or their impacts. The man has a proven history of straight-up lies on environmental subjects, so why, exactly, should I take his word at face value?

    For that matter, why are you?
    I don't have to take his word for it, because we have the heads of several companies who have made it clear what the impact those regulations are having on their businesses.

  4. #104
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,788

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I don't have to take his word for it, because we have the heads of several companies who have made it clear what the impact those regulations are having on their businesses.
    You're taking, at face value, the word of people who have a powerful financial incentive to have you believe this. You're trading one person's word for a different person's word.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #105
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    You must have never traveled down south third street and entered voodoo village, or Brooks Rd, Summer, any of this ringing a bell?
    Oh but I have. It's been awhile since I've been to VV, probably 6 years, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're taking, at face value, the word of people who have a powerful financial incentive to have you believe this. You're trading one person's word for a different person's word.
    When you don't know who to believe, the person who is getting something tangible for their position should be doubted the most.

    I can believe that there are tougher EPA regulations on release of mercury. I just don't believe that it is impossible to comply with the regulations and still make money in the energy generation business.
    Last edited by Hard Truth; 01-26-13 at 08:48 PM.

  7. #107
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    When you don't know who to believe, the person who is getting something tangible for their position should be doubted the most.

    I can believe that there are tougher EPA regulations on release of mercury. I just don't believe that it is impossible to comply with the regulations and still make money in the energy generation business.
    It's not that you can't make money, it's that you can't make as much money.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  8. #108
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,788

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    When you don't know who to believe, the person who is getting something tangible for their position should be doubted the most.

    I can believe that there are tougher EPA regulations on release of mercury. I just don't believe that it is impossible to comply with the regulations and still make money in the energy generation business.
    Of course you can still make money in the energy generation business, as displayed quite nicely by every other coal plant out there that isn't shutting down.

    Or the massive boom in natural gas production, which is the real reason some older, less efficient, dirtier coal plants are struggling. Good riddance, I say.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #109
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    When you don't know who to believe, the person who is getting something tangible for their position should be doubted the most.

    I can believe that there are tougher EPA regulations on release of mercury. I just don't believe that it is impossible to comply with the regulations and still make money in the energy generation business.
    It's one thing to say "if these regulations are passed, we will have to shut down plants and lay people off." That could simply be a threat. An attempt to intimidate regulators into not imposing those regs... It's quite another when those regs are put into effect, and plants are actually shutting down and pink slips are issued... That is no longer a threat, but a reality.

  10. #110
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,295

    Re: Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    So, Texas creates a lot of jobs and has a relatively low unemployment percentage and it's Texas that get's credit. But when they lose a bunch of jobs and it's all Obama's fault. (I mean, since Obama created the EPA and all. <rolls eyes.>) Gotta love Texas.

    It's also Obama's fault some people have warts on their ass in Texas. (But that's another thread altogether.)

    I do think, however, the EPA should ignore Texas. Having been born and raised there let me testify that, generally speaking, Texans have no problems with piling up old junk cars and old Curtis Mathis television sets in their front yard and no problem having a garbage pile in the back. They would just as soon burn their leaves in the middle of the street in downtown Houston. They find that catching crawfish is open sewer drainage ditches to be very recreational. The pretty colors from the oil slicks are considered to be art.

    I say let them pollute their state as much as they want to. Has anyone ever driven through Stinkadena?
    Stinkadena, Texas City and one other town right near there where you can collect your air by the pound. Probably caused by all those beaners eatin' burritos and passin' gas. Tejas is the biggest polluter in the USA and proud of it and the money wants more of it. Corpus Christi is reputed to be similar to Stinkadena, so noone would really notice a few more lumps in their air. I was just North of there a few years back (Matagorda Bay) and had a great time. That air was A-OK.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •