Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 175

Thread: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The doctor merely worked for a hospital funded by Christians. That doesn't make him Christian. Conviction has absolutely nothing to do with working at a hospital with "St." before it's name.
    And the workers are not Christian in many cases, but they have to follow the POLICIES of the hospital, aka church. Otherwise there wouldn't be a big deal about the hospitals providing birth control to workers that aren't Christian. Can't have it both ways.

  2. #72
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    rut rohhh!
    This cant be good for the business of religion.
    I mean, you use the defense of "those fetuses are not persons with legal rights"?


    Maybe a "pro-lifer" would like to make an excuse for this.

    This should be good.




    In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people | The Colorado Independent


    I would expect a pro-abortionist/pro-choicer to have this mentality, but not a catholic hospital considering the catholic churches stand on abortion.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And the workers are not Christian in many cases, but they have to follow the POLICIES of the hospital, aka church. Otherwise there wouldn't be a big deal about the hospitals providing birth control to workers that aren't Christian. Can't have it both ways.
    You're absolutely wrong with everything you just said - as a matter of fact you just made all that up via speculation.

    None of these hospitals are guided by the Catholic church nor are these hospitals faith based.

    Furthermore, they're funded via individual contribution not by the church itself (although donations do come from the church occasionally).

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No I am pointing out that your example "of all people" doesn't apply here because of the well recognized professonal demands of a doctor ...
    So in short you expect doctors to be perfect? because that is what you're implying without actually saying it.

  5. #75
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I would expect a pro-abortionist/pro-choicer to have this mentality, but not a catholic hospital considering the catholic churches stand on abortion.
    and i would expect a church and their legal representation would defend on their principle seeing how they think they are exempt from laws that they do not like.

    When there's a law that you dont like: use a law that goes against your church teachings becasue that's your only option.



    or


    When there's a law that you dont like, use the bible for your defense and argue that it goes against the churches teachings and that it violates Freedom from religion (you know, just like how the church is suing the fed for Obamacare.

    Pick one of the above to fight for your cause

  6. #76
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    and i would expect a church and their legal representation would defend on their principle seeing how they think they are exempt from laws that they do not like.

    When there's a law that you dont like: use a law that goes against your church teachings becasue that's your only option.



    or


    When there's a law that you dont like, use the bible for your defense and argue that it goes against the churches teachings and that it violates Freedom from religion (you know, just like how the church is suing the fed for Obamacare.

    Pick one of the above to fight for your cause

    More like we don't want to pay money so we'll take the abortionist stance on the unborn.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    and i would expect a church and their legal representation would defend on their principle seeing how they think they are exempt from laws that they do not like.

    When there's a law that you dont like: use a law that goes against your church teachings becasue that's your only option.



    or


    When there's a law that you dont like, use the bible for your defense and argue that it goes against the churches teachings and that it violates Freedom from religion (you know, just like how the church is suing the fed for Obamacare.

    Pick one of the above to fight for your cause
    I would expect people to understand this has nothing to do with the church and everything to do with the insurance company that is handling the case - not to mention as I have already stated previously one doesn't have to be Christian to work at a hospital with "St." before it's name. I mean you may as well claim everyone who lives in St. Louis is a Christian.

    Apparently this issue is too complicated for you to understand, which is clear considering you continually are bringing up the church which has ZERO relevance in this case.

  8. #78
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    So in short you expect doctors to be perfect? because that is what you're implying without actually saying it.
    Yes, Nick, though I explicitly pointed to the fact my argument has nothing to do with perfection, and that I never uttered anything contrary, my entire argument revolves around that point, and not the ones I outlined numerous times for you

    I'm not sure how I ever expected to get that one past you, but here we are ...

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    More like we don't want to pay money so we'll take the abortionist stance on the unborn.
    Pretty much.. But that is all the insurance provider.

    Remember this is the plaintiff vs the insurance company not the church or even the doctor.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses arenít people

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Yes, Nick, though I explicitly pointed to the fact my argument has nothing to do with perfection, and that I never uttered anything contrary, my entire argument revolves around that point, and not the ones I outlined numerous times for you

    I'm not sure how I ever expected to get that one past you, but here we are ...
    Yes it does have everything to do with perfection - that is your entire argument - the doctor is at fault because he didn't answer his pager which by de facto implies he should practice perfection by somehow answering the page.

    Hell you just admitted it in the bold.

    Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •