Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 252

Thread: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

  1. #51
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    pardon the ignorance, but arent women already permitted to fight in combat? After all, my best friends daughter is a gunner and has been wounded.
    They're not allowed to serve in combat arms units: infantry, artillery, combat engineers, armor, cavalry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #52
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    The way we have trained for years and years just so women can pass it. No. There is a reason armies train like they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Can I question the validity of the training?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #53
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Yes, military men are neanderthals that drool and scratch themselves when they see a woman. Get a clue.


    And... why is 'woman' in quotes above? Are military chicks not real women according to you?
    im not the one that implied ALL military men. I said many.

  4. #54
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    This all makes me think that some are trying to prevent women from getting military promotions.
    Actually, some of us are interested in saving lives on the battlefield.

    Because after all, im sure many men hate the idea of being told what to do by a "woman".
    And, if that's the case, then so be it. This is our military we're talking about. It's not designed to make everybody happy. The objective is to destroy the enemy in close quarter combat and if the troops won't follow a leader, then that leader doesn't need to be in the position, regardless of the reason they won't follow said leader and regardless of that leader's gender.
    Last edited by apdst; 01-24-13 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #55
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,378

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    im not the one that implied ALL military men. I said many.
    Oh, please, you are implying that military men are, to such an extent as to establish regs, misogynists. That's a crappy thing to do. Like you know anything about the military.

    And then YOU go and put the word 'woman' in quotes. Why? Because military women are not real women? I think it's clear who has a problem with women (or "women") here. Stop projecting.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    The way we have trained for years and years just so women can pass it. No. There is a reason armies train like they do.
    Having done something a certain way doesn't necessarily mean it is the best way or that it is what is needed. Is it possible the military suffers from group think?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #57
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Oh, please, you are implying that military men are, to such an extent as to establish regs, misogynists. That's a crappy thing to do. Like you know anything about the military.

    And then YOU go and put the word 'woman' in quotes. Why? Because military women are not real women? I think it's clear who has a problem with women (or "women") here. Stop projecting.
    ohh, am im?

    We need to go back to 2nd grade vocabulary.
    Plz define "MANY" for me.

    I used women in quotes as a way to show how many men say it in a misogynist way.

  8. #58
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Having done something a certain way doesn't necessarily mean it is the best way or that it is what is needed. Is it possible the military suffers from group think?
    Stop me when I'm wrong, we have the finest military force in human history. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #59
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,378

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    We need to go back to 2nd grade vocabulary.
    I don't think they're gonna send me from my PhD to 2nd grade. What level of education do you have? I'm sure it's not close to mine. So, why don't you go back to school. I hate when uneducated people talk crap about education.


    Look dude, you claim that the military is preventing women from being promoted. That has nothing to do with the subject. You were just throwing some anti-military crap out there and hoping it would stick. This is monkey throwing crap level of debate, and you're off topic:

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    This all makes me think that some are trying to prevent women from getting military promotions.
    Then, you hit military women with the scare quotes:

    Because after all, im sure many men hate the idea of being told what to do by a "woman".
    Nice little attempt at an anti-military hit job, but you only succeeded in clearly displaying your own prejudice. So, military women are not real women, huh?
    Last edited by ecofarm; 01-24-13 at 01:46 PM.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Stop me when I'm wrong, we have the finest military force in human history. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Even hear of continuous improvement? Resting on one's laurels is usually a bad idea. As it has been stated it has been done the same way for a long time, wouldn't questioning that be appropriate. I'm not saying change to change, or even to change at all, but to question it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •