Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 252

Thread: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

  1. #201
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,210

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    [QUOTE=Boo Radley;1061391868]Only in traditional warfare. There is no front in what is going on today.[/
    QUOTE]

    Your'e under the impression that a return to conventional warfare is somehow out of the question in an ACTUAL war.

    Wer'e just targeting bad guys with hell fire's from remote platforms now.

    We're not so exceedingly dependent on sterile technological wonders that a "front" is now considered archaic.

    Especially when our enemies are stuck in tactics reminiscent of the Vietnam era.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    And even then, it's not comparable to what that woman wrote.
    She was talking about the possibility of reducing requirements to facilitate more women serving and how that could bring the combat effectiveness of the unit down, while at the same time not considering the long term negative effects of that kind, of atrophy on a woman's body and how it is different from a man's body.

    Really, you should of chose a better comparison, because this didn't meet muster.
    It's still mere opinion. Both are mere opinion.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's still mere opinion. Both are mere opinion.
    One opinion is supported by an amount of logic and reason, while the other, thus far, is not.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #204
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I'm not demeaning what you did bro. I was just asking. I haven't ever seen you post what you did in the Army. So you were in artillery?
    I didn't take it as demeaning. I was a medic for a HQ artiliary unit. Yes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    One opinion is supported by an amount of logic and reason, while the other, thus far, is not.
    Each depends on the audience accepting the reasoning and asking for no objective factual evidence. Both expect not to be questioned or challenged. Both cite they're superior experience absent any cited support.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #206
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    [QUOTE=Fenton;1061392163]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Only in traditional warfare. There is no front in what is going on today.[/
    QUOTE]

    Your'e under the impression that a return to conventional warfare is somehow out of the question in an ACTUAL war.

    Wer'e just targeting bad guys with hell fire's from remote platforms now.

    We're not so exceedingly dependent on sterile technological wonders that a "front" is now considered archaic.

    Especially when our enemies are stuck in tactics reminiscent of the Vietnam era.
    No, I'm not. I do however say they have already been in the fire so to speak.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #208
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Each depends on the audience accepting the reasoning and asking for no objective factual evidence. Both expect not to be questioned or challenged. Both cite they're superior experience absent any cited support.
    I'm not necessarily accepting the reasoning, but the woman provides much better evidence than, this guy I know says, "something."
    No they can both be challenged, however the woman cites physical evidence and logical reasoning (ie. the biological differences between men and women).

    Your guys cites only his opinion.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #209
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I'm not necessarily accepting the reasoning, but the woman provides much better evidence than, this guy I know says, "something."
    No they can both be challenged, however the woman cites physical evidence and logical reasoning (ie. the biological differences between men and women).

    Your guys cites only his opinion.
    First, you haven't talked to him. If get down there, do. It's a fascinating conversation. Second, many false things sou.nd quite reasonable. If it didn't, fewer would fall for as much as they do. My point in responding was to point out a common pattern of citing opinion and editorial as if it settled the issue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    First, you haven't talked to him. If get down there, do. It's a fascinating conversation. Second, many false things sou.nd quite reasonable. If it didn't, fewer would fall for as much as they do. My point in responding was to point out a common pattern of citing opinion and editorial as if it settled the issue.
    But you haven't offered one shred of evidence to combat her opinion, you've just said some guy, somewhere believes slavery is a good diea.
    That's not a defense of your position but a deflection there of.

    You're failing to meet the standards of your own position.
    If her position is false, prove it.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •